What's your MMO addiction?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Kunimi-kun

Lady. Yes Bird?
Nov 20, 2007
WoW. Its like an evil curse, I can quit for awhile, but I always come back.

Its what my avatar is from, I was bored one day and cut it out of a screenshot I had lol.

Astb

Nov 7, 2007
I've been looking for a decent MMO for Mac, but I haven't found anything. I'm open to suggestions though.

Denamic

Swedish Meat
Staff member
Super Moderator
Former Staff
Dec 7, 2006
Well.. WoW?
It has already been mentioned several times.
I don't know why some people says it sucks, since the massive amount of people playing it proves otherwise.
I suspect it's the same reason so many people hate Vista; Social influence.
Really, WoW (and vista) is great.

Bafucin

\(o.O)/
Apr 15, 2007
WoW, WoW, WoW, WoW...

Why do so many people play it? Well it's everywhere. On TV, on the way to work, at work, at home. It's all over. How many MMORPG do you see? How many can you read about, like we do with WoW? Not many.

I think back when I was a kid. Then it was Super Mario.
Everybody was paying it. All my friends and a lot of people around the world. Even more then 9 million. It was big and still is.

Same thing with WoW. Someone starts to play it at school. Then they talk, then people see it on TV etc. Then people start to play it even more. You play with your friends.

And the people behind it get more money. And when they get more money they tell you to play it more and more and more.

Thats why WoW have so many people. Most of the players are young and thats how life works when you are young.

For example, some get in love with Brad Pitt. Just by looking at him. Does it make him a good person?

Denamic

Swedish Meat
Staff member
Super Moderator
Former Staff
Dec 7, 2006
I've played pretty much every single major and not so major MMO out there, not counting the 2 million korean ones.
EVE, anarchy online, evercrack, evercrack 2, guild wars, lotro, daoc, city of heroes, tabula rasa, D&D, SWG, etc..
I see you point about social influence.. but just because your synonym makes sense doesn't make it true; It's a great game.

aspek

Apr 7, 2007
currently playing Tantra-extreme a private server of tantra-online
decent game with gods based on the hindu religion(i htink... brahma, shiva, vishnu) 8 character jobs.... try the private server lol fast lvl up and the GMs has very strict rules on cheating so it can be both good and bad..

cattz

(◣_◢)
Jun 11, 2007
Well, I was playing shin megami tensei:imagine online for months, but I did pretty much everything to do, and was at the point of "wait for new stuff to be put in" and, well, I didn't, heh.

Guess I've been playing Dream Of Mirror Online lately, just a simple easy to level one really, good for a change from how hard megami tensei online was, and I don't mean the whole aspect of playing it in japanese, that's no problem, the game itself is/was very hard and unforgiving, heh.

o0mixer0o

Apr 5, 2008
i've played RO since beta ver almost 5 years? not bad, might play Luna online its uber cute

finitedark

Jun 17, 2008
well as for mmos, im currently addicted to a new one that came out this april called wonderland online, it fun for me because i can create my own house, and it is sort of legal to bot in the game

cattz

(◣_◢)
Jun 11, 2007
I suppose lately I've been playing mythos, even if it's a mmorpg, the closed beta really is nothing but solo play with very little interaction with people though, heh.

It pretty much is diablo 2 (made by all the people who made diablo 2) to a very large degree. But a million times easier currently.

vietxmikey

Jun 11, 2008
use to be WoW

sgtjb

Jul 20, 2008
I was known to play Ragnarok Online, as of but ive been on Final Fantasy Online for over a year now

BartSimpson

Mar 2, 2007
I may become addicted to Jumpgate Evolution when it comes out, atleast if it turns out the way I hope (sth. like Freelancer). Already signed up for the beta, let's see if I get a key... I hope so

sizzor

Jul 28, 2008
I played Ragnarok Online few years ago and forced myself to stop. Then Lineage 2 (private), also forced stop. Earlier this year my MMO craving comes back and I end up playing Perfect World (MY).

Kipi

⅓ ⅔ ⅛
Nov 22, 2007
EverQuest 2

because it's an actual challenge to play the game, not to mention the game features are WAY better then anything in WoW and the quests are actually worth doing.

Image 1 - Arasai are so bad ass looking. You can't be a fae/arasai in WoW and if you could, you'd have some dumb class/race restriction forcing you to play a specific class.

Image 2 - EQ2 doesn't have the cheap disney/anime style graphics that wow has

Image 3 - You can even be a mouse with a cute wizard hat in EQ2!

Image 4 - This is what a city is suppose to look like, the designers for WoW are either lazy and/or not creative (with is obvious in the naming of spells)

Image 5 - CHOKEMON!!
There's a lot of funny references and jokes on the quests for EQ2. There's also a quest called 'Step 3: Profit' and there a some other internet meme's floating around too.

LittleVexy

Chompy's Sis
Mar 24, 2007
Could anybody recommend a MMORPG? Something that doesn't take a lot of time? I stopped playing Eve Online due to time issues. And I am wondering if there is anything out there for a very very very casual gamer?