What's your MMO addiction?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

techie

SuupaOtaku
Jul 24, 2008
Isn't this a MMO thread?

And it's easy because you cheated?

:puzzled:

A ) True and I see little reason to distinguish between WoW (as previously mentioned by other posters) or RTW or CIV in that case... I am in this with games mostly for my interest in the engines and what appears on the screen in form of 1; graphics and 2: possible interactions from a standpoint of applying the same to other types of applications.

B) Of course, but comparing cheats and what you can do with them RTW is still not so dead simple as CIV. The one cool part about CIV is the world editor that allows you to build a map which could resemble any true nation or the whole world for that matter. Very nifty if one has time for it.

FYI, the definition of MMO...

The abbreviation MMO can stand for any of several things: Marine Mammal Observer · Massively multiplayer online game...
... see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MMO

WoW, RTW, CIV 4 all of them work by LAN or Online gaming in the same way...
CIV 4 supports GameBryo and GameSpy, whereas RTW uses GameSpy...
CIV4 also supports Team vs. AI or Team Vs. Team playing

DevilXdevil

creatively retarded
Former Staff
Sep 24, 2008
currently d&d <.< how i loath it and hate it why did i started to play it just before world cup ><

imported_the_laughing_man

Ritalin Addict!
Jan 15, 2010
I used to play Ragnarok Online for ages then they shut the servers down and I couldn't be bothered to restart so I got into Anarchy Online and played that for 2 years.

I don't play MMO now as they kinda took over my life and for some reason it pissed my wife off. :puzzled: lol

Kenpachi God

Cpt. Of the 11th Squad
Apr 23, 2009
FF11 FTW SUCKA'S

kagami hawke

Apr 27, 2010
I used to play Guild Wars constantly a few years ago, just because the no monthly fee thing. I stopped for a long time, but I think I'll end up starting again today, or at least soon.

nefarian

Jun 20, 2010
Not playing an MMO at the moment, but I'm looking forward to Star Wars: The Old Republic. If Bioware's previous games are anything to go by it should be great. I played WoW for quite a few years but haven't enjoyed it so much since the first expansion came out. I might get Cataclysm but I'm not sure yet, will see what people say about it first.

ShanksYYZ

May 6, 2009
I love Final Fantasy XI too much, I had to cold turkey it early last year and I still get flash backs.

alobrepterats

Jan 26, 2011
Whats your MMO addiction

Ooh, Thats A Tuff One. Espeacilly since it says game as opposed to games.
Im gonna have to say Team Fortress Classic. Just because I think I played it for almost 10 years.

Volcan

Master of the Mountain
Apr 16, 2007
DC Online - Imperfect, very limited power selection, I'm maxed out my levels in one character, which I've never done in any mmo before, all that's left is pvp which I don't like, and yet I'm still playing this shit and just rolled a pvp character.
They did something right and once I figure it out hopefully I can have my life back. That or go back to playing proper RPG's.

sapientiam

Jan 1, 2010
im still playing grandchase :pandalaugh: its a good pvp based game actually.... League of Legends too

Kenpachi God

Cpt. Of the 11th Squad
Apr 23, 2009
Now I have my FF11 account and some sick ass gear and money just can't play as often due to college courses. Any players off 11 on Bahamut server I could use help with LB3 if your on :grassdance:
My char name is Eyumi - lv 60 Elvaan Drg/War

Syobon

(´・ω・`)
Dec 22, 2009
Global Agenda is fun, but the unreal engine make everything looks a bit boring, maybe i'm too used to mmos...