DevilXdevil

creatively retarded
Former Staff
Sep 24, 2008
fear of falling from heights completely different than fear of heights

Darkonis

Loner and happy
Apr 29, 2009
For me it's a toss up I nearly drowned so there is water, second is high places, lastly needles

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
For me it's a toss up I nearly drowned so there is water, second is high places, lastly needles

So that would make cliff diving into sea urchin filled waters totally out of the question?

I fear my past mistakes. They have a nasty habit of coming back to bite me in the ass, (ouch! not so hard!).

I believe in Repentance and Atonement but they both terrify me. One must truly regret all his transgressions to achieve either, elsewise it is but an exercise in hypocrisy, a futile endeavor. I have had many futile endeavors in my life. The thought of put my heart and soul into another one, and failing yet again......

Once bitten twice shy.

kagami hawke

Apr 27, 2010

Drowning is another one for me too. I had a few times where I thought I was gonna drown. Like when a fat guy stood on me while I was underwater at a pool. It sounds funny now, but it scared the hell out of me then. lol

I still never learned to swim, but needles are slightly more scary to me, since I can avoid large bodies of water more easily.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008

xeffects

Jun 5, 2009
I have an extreme fear of injections. Even if it's one of those IV things they have to use at a hospital, I freak out about it.

You don't have a fear for the IV, what you actually fear is the pain associated with it. My best guess is you've never had an IV put on...I've had them put on and they are nasty, they are quite thick actually....you feel a strong pinch then pressure but after a while you don't feel it.

The nurse takes your arm, rubs some alcohol to kill the bacteria on contact. The IV has a needle its a bit thicker than a regular injection needle...so like I said, you feel a strong pinch and then pressure....however once the needle is in, the needle is removed and a small plastic portion of it remains inside your vein....that is were people go 'oooowwwwwwwww' lol you don't feel it after a while but knowing that little tiny plastic tube is in there can be very discomforting to anyone. I hate IVs to be honest with you, they hurt like crap....to minimize the pain some nurses put them on your hands were the pain is less pronounced but if its on your arm or elbow oh man, I'll pray for you.....you can actually request were you want the IV put on.

--- For me, what really scares me the most are three things....I probably already said this on here before; 1. total blackness in the universe with nothing in it...imagine were you would be if that condition existed / 2. a friend or family member finding my collection of young models and Jr Idol stuff or / 3. me looking at it and getting walked in on ..... number 2 scares me the most because if that ever happened, I have no idea how I would explain it to my family, not to mention that I've taken care of my sister's niece several times but I would NEVER lay a hand on family .... yuck and shes so annoying anyway but you guys know that if they ever found my stash, my sister would immediately assume something otherwise.

kagami hawke

Apr 27, 2010
You don't have a fear for the IV, what you actually fear is the pain associated with it. My best guess is you've never had an IV put on...I've had them put on and they are nasty, they are quite thick actually....you feel a strong pinch then pressure but after a while you don't feel it.

The nurse takes your arm, rubs some alcohol to kill the bacteria on contact. The IV has a needle its a bit thicker than a regular injection needle...so like I said, you feel a strong pinch and then pressure....however once the needle is in, the needle is removed and a small plastic portion of it remains inside your vein....that is were people go 'oooowwwwwwwww' lol you don't feel it after a while but knowing that little tiny plastic tube is in there can be very discomforting to anyone. I hate IVs to be honest with you, they hurt like crap....to minimize the pain some nurses put them on your hands were the pain is less pronounced but if its on your arm or elbow oh man, I'll pray for you.....you can actually request were you want the IV put on.

Close, but nope. I'm not trying to be rude with any of this explanation by the way, just talking. It is an actual fear of the IV needle itself. I have trypanophobia, plus I'm allergic to some types of metal. And I actually have had an IV used in my hand before, and also 3 months of side effects from it too. lol. And yes, I could feel the IV the entire time it was in my hand. Even just thinking of that feeling makes me nervous enough to want to vomit.

When I was born, my blood was missing the chemicals that make people immune to the sun and stuff like heat lamps and so on. I'm not albino or anything, but I do get sick form those things after 30 minutes to an hour, and the side effects are different depending on how longs it's been. I had to mention that to get the background for this part to make more sense. When I had the IV in, the anestesia (sp?) wouldn't filter out of my blood correctly until waaaay later than it was supposed to. This lead to me still having some effects from it even a day or two after the event with the IV happened. And no, I wasn't on any kind of medication, or influence of anything else (drugs, alcohol, and so on).

So yes, the IV itself doesn't hurt much, but I do have an extreme fear of even the piercing feeling that it gives, temporary or not. Even if I just get a shot, I can feel that piercing feeling for a long time after it's over. Not like an hour after, but the feeling stays longer than I think it should. lol

xeffects

Jun 5, 2009
I was curious to know what is it that you were scared off :) You quoting my text and adding your reply answers my question.

You haven't seen nothing yet if you have not experienced a penis swab test. I know the procedure, its never been done to me but if they ever mentioned in a hospital that they needed to do a swab test to collect a sample of the inside canal of my penis....man, I would be out of there in seconds, they would have to tranquilize my ass first....either way, I'm running out that hospital like its the end of a world...there is no way I'm having a long rod inserted on the end opening of my partner.....man yeah, I think that would be my worst fear!!

DevilXdevil

creatively retarded
Former Staff
Sep 24, 2008
i add the creepy bugs and animals :scared:

Code:
http://www.cracked.com/funny-5588-hybrid-animals/

nightmares ><

eugenesin

Dec 8, 2010
Watching my girl or a family member being ambushed by a giant croc and pulled into the water, so rapidly that I can't do anything to help until it's too late.

jugulear

Akiba Citizen
Jan 20, 2012
One fear ... or, maybe, more of a disappointment ... involves the type who allows himself or herself to get easily brainwashed, and to buy into what antiseptic/sanitized media influences tell them what should be deemed as preferable, while forgetting about the beauty of what is natural.

REFERENCE: "HAIR on pussy! :donotwant:" (Mookie, Post #55, 04-30-2008)

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
That the world is actually run by idiots and not just populated by them.

Reactions: 1 person

Daffy088

Jun 30, 2013
here's mine. waking up in the morning to find the cat using my penis as a scratching post. ouch.

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
That the world is actually run by idiots and not just populated by them.

I thought the world was run by idiots, and of course greedy bastards

Reactions: 2 people

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
I thought the world was run by idiots, and of course greedy bastards

A misconception, IMO. Those that worship Mammon are not idiots, just heartless misguided bastards.

Reactions: 2 people