What's ur greatest fear?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

isityours

People don't dance no mo'
Sep 27, 2008
depends how you look at it. bush is literally an idiot (if you take POTUS as the leader of the free world). then there is any politician with an R. in front of their name....not the brightest bunch. but to say that all leaders are idiots is probably incorrect. to say that leaders are greedy self-serving douchebags or that they are bought and paid for by "Big ........" and/or corporations is certainly correct.
my biggest fear, other than something happening to my family, is that the human race will continue to destroy itself and the planet until there is nothing left all the while learning nothing.

Reactions: 2 people

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
depends how you look at it. bush is literally an idiot (if you take POTUS as the leader of the free world). then there is any politician with an R. in front of their name....not the brightest bunch.

Well, I won't make many friends saying this but say it I will, I am a Republican. Personally I hate the democratic party and consider them the symbol for the fall of the USA. But, who really cares. There is plenty of blame to go around and corruption runs rampant on both sides of the fence.

Hard to call any of them idiots though. Hypocrites, heartless thugs, criminals, liars, cheats, traitors and any countless adjectives can be applied but successful people should probably not be labeled as idiots. Never underestimate someone just because you despise them. Powermongers may be fools, for all power is an illusion in one form or another, but they are cunning and driven people. Mistake them for morons and you give them an advantage over you. It is better to understand that powerful people just have agendas that are in their best interests but likely not yours.

BudEWiser

Dec 24, 2008
I was curious to know what is it that you were scared off :) You quoting my text and adding your reply answers my question.

You haven't seen nothing yet if you have not experienced a penis swab test. I know the procedure, its never been done to me but if they ever mentioned in a hospital that they needed to do a swab test to collect a sample of the inside canal of my penis....man, I would be out of there in seconds, they would have to tranquilize my ass first....either way, I'm running out that hospital like its the end of a world...there is no way I'm having a long rod inserted on the end opening of my partner.....man yeah, I think that would be my worst fear!!
The penile swab test is nothing compared to a cystoscopy. Then there was the Ureteroscopic laser lithotripsy, painful as hell for a few days after the procedure. None of them compare to the pain of not being able to pass a kidney stone into the bladder.

Since I've experienced some of the worst physical pain that a man can, have been through a nasty divorce, lost loved ones to death, lost jobs because of turns in the economy, been homeless for a while, two near-death experiences, and even been shot at, not a whole lot "scares" me any more.
I can't list my "biggest fear" but the close runner up is becoming unable to enjoy photography for what ever reason. Weather that be from blindness, losing my hands, anything. It's one of those things I can go do when I've got pent-up emotions and just completely forget about the problems that surround me in my daily life. If I lost that, I would be lost.
Not really a fear, but one thing that really gets under my skin is open cupboard doors. It probably comes from hitting my head on the sharp corners one too many times, but if I see one open, I HAVE TO SHUT IT!

isityours

People don't dance no mo'
Sep 27, 2008
i guess i tend to conflate being christian and republican with mild insanity- esp when it comes to politicians...but i have no judgement against you personally of course. i do not support 'the democrats' either incidentally considering that the general climate has fallen so far to the right that even so-called D's are really only 'left-of-center' now. and you are absolutely right about corruption. it is essentially driving the government at this stage and is one of the main "destroy itself and the planet until there is nothing left" points i was referring to.

"Hypocrites, heartless thugs, criminals, liars, cheats, traitors" etc can definitely be applied to most politicians (D or R) but, to me, simply being willing to throw anyone under the proverbial bus for personal gain and/or being able to 'otherize' the poor, people of color, women etc etc does not intelligence make.
as a general rule i hope that i judge peoples 'intelligence' on the quality of their arguments rather than whether i agree with them personally or not. if a truther, for example, made a compelling argument that stood up to scientific analysis then i would be much more likely to consider what that person was saying. considering that most republican's talking points are the same: pro cutting social security, pro closing schools, anti-womens rights, anti-LGBT, pro teaching christianity in schools, anti-poor people, anti-colored people, anti-workers rights/union etc etc i am disappointed. but this is so far off-topic...i apologize. but, these are all things that scare me.

ps: you wouldnt be a very good republican if you didnt blame the D's...:pandalaugh:

Well, I won't make many friends saying this but say it I will, I am a Republican. Personally I hate the democratic party and consider them the symbol for the fall of the USA. But, who really cares. There is plenty of blame to go around and corruption runs rampant on both sides of the fence.

Hard to call any of them idiots though. Hypocrites, heartless thugs, criminals, liars, cheats, traitors and any countless adjectives can be applied but successful people should probably not be labeled as idiots. Never underestimate someone just because you despise them. Powermongers may be fools, for all power is an illusion in one form or another, but they are cunning and driven people. Mistake them for morons and you give them an advantage over you. It is better to understand that powerful people just have agendas that are in their best interests but likely not yours.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
All I can say is you don't know much about the Republican party and that is the last I will say about politics on this thread. It needed to be said though and yes....I am a christian too, so were the founders of America and the writers of the constitution.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Hairless asian girls :D

????? Do you mean you like them cavewoman-style, with hairy armpits, hairy legs, hair on their hands and feet? or are you just scared of bald asian females?

Mar 28, 2008
I think he was referring to asian girls without pubic hair.

But alas the bushy asian era seems to be over. There are some, but for the most part , everyone is trimming now :( Its depressing.

gokkunfan

Jan 14, 2010
I have a lot of fears, some simple (like being mauled by a bear) and some obvious (like, dying.)

I'll offer one that is a bit more complex, though.

I fear that a theocratic maniac may one day launch and detonate a nuclear device/bomb, and destroy western civilization and possibly make the earth uninhabitable for humans.
This is an almost world-wide respect for "faith" based beliefs; beliefs based on no good reason and no evidence. This respect for "faith" creates the breeding ground for theocrats and may ultimately lead to our annihilation if one gets into power and controls atomic weaponry.

gokkunfan

Jan 14, 2010
I am a christian too, so were the founders of America and the writers of the constitution.

Your U.S. history is a little fuzzy. While many of the men that did work to form the new country were christians, some very important figures were certainly not. Thomas Jefferson (author of the Declaration of Independence) was a deist, as was James Madison (writer of the 1st draft of the US Constititution). Both of them denounced large portions of the religion of christianity. Both worked to draft the Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom, and Jefferson set forth the founding principle of separation of church and state.

They also neglected to do anything about a massive system of immoral human enslavement. They thought only men should be allowed to vote. Also, they did not have the knowledge of much of the scientific information we have today, namely, the Theory of Evolution by Natural Selection which essentially shows there never was a creator of humanity. Jefferson would almost certainly be an atheist if he were alive today, given how skeptical he was of christianity in his own time.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Your U.S. history is a little fuzzy.

Great. Another idiot atheist trying to pick a fight with me by rewriting history to fit his arguments. If you wish to resurrect a post of mine from over 6 months ago with weak counter arguments based on half-truths and lies just to get a rise out of me then feel welcome to waste your efforts.

The vast majority of all Americans, including the delegates at the Constitutional Convention in 1787 and the previous Continental Congress of 1775 were generally protestants, certainly they were Christians. During 1765 Jefferson led the call in Virginia for a Fastday in protest of "the hostile invasion" of Boston by the British, along with such memorable allies at his side as Patrick Henry. One of Jeffersons' greatest triumphs in Virginia was the approval of the Bill for Establishing Religious Freedom, which was a bill in defense of Presbyterian and Baptist churchs' located in his home state.

The American Revolution, (that Glorious Cause), the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution itself was greatly influenced by the Christian values and beliefs of the everyday men and women that shed blood and tears in their struggle for liberty and freedom. No historian worth his salt would, or to my knowledge has ever, denied the role that Christianity had among the people of America or their chosen leaders during this era. To do so would be both foolish and ignorant.

Personally I do not care what you wish to believe in or not to believe in. If you do not have the decency to allow others the freedom of their beliefs than that just shows how insecure you are in your own.

Last edited:

sreyhih

Jun 21, 2014
Great. Another idiot atheist trying to pick a fight with me by rewriting history to fit his arguments.
Gosh. That is a major over-reaction to a post by a member who clearly has some idea what he/she is talking about. Who is really the insecure one here ?? And if you don't care what they believe in why do you 'bother' to make this peeved response ? And who said he/she is an atheist anyway ?

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Gosh. That is a major over-reaction to a post by a member who clearly has some idea what he/she is talking about. Who is really the insecure one here ?? And if you don't care what they believe in why do you 'bother' to make this peeved response ? And who said he/she is an atheist anyway ?

I actually had to edit my over-reaction out, what you saw was the calm final draft. Of course I detest your claim that my response was to someone who had any idea of what they were talking about, because I actually know some history. I bothered to make a peeved response because the post was directed at me in order to piss me off.....and it did. I am over it now. I am secure in my faith. His post said he was an atheist just as yours says something about you.

People fear what they don't understand. The closeminded fear what is out of their narrow realm of understanding. Try staying ontopic instead of badgering other members.

gokkunfan

Jan 14, 2010
Ceewan said:
Great. Another idiot atheist trying to pick a fight with me by rewriting history to fit his arguments. If you wish to resurrect a post of mine from over 6 months ago with weak counter arguments based on half-truths and lies just to get a rise out of me then feel welcome to waste your efforts.

The vast majority of all Americans, including the delegates at the Constitutional Convention in 1787 and the previous Continental Congress of 1775 were generally protestants, certainly they were Christians. During 1765 Jefferson led the call in Virginia for a Fastday in protest of "the hostile invasion" of Boston by the British, along with such memorable allies at his side as Patrick Henry. One of Jeffersons' greatest triumphs in Virginia was the approval of the Bill for Establishing Religious Freedom, which was a bill in defense of Presbyterian and Baptist churchs' located in his home state.

The American Revolution, (that Glorious Cause), the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution itself was greatly influenced by the Christian values and beliefs of the everyday men and women that shed blood and tears in their struggle for liberty and freedom. No historian worth his salt would, or to my knowledge has ever, denied the role that Christianity had among the people of America or their chosen leaders during this era. To do so would be both foolish and ignorant.

...If you do not have the decency to allow others the freedom of their beliefs than that just shows how insecure you are in your own.

(1) Do you always immediately, and foremost, lash out with personal insults at those with differing viewpoints? Is that how you usually conduct yourself? I'm not picking a fight. Please, don't get so emotional. I'm merely clearing up your faux-historical claim. (see: "I am a christian too, so were the founders of America and the writers of the constitution.")
(2) I had already stated that many of the founding "fathers" were theists. For you to re-establish this already stated fact is unnecessary. The point was that some key "founders" were not theists, and instead deists. If they were alive today they would almost certainly be atheists given their inclination to defy theistic assertions and their inclination to use evidence to form beliefs. In fact, Jefferson was often accused of being an atheist when Republicans and Federalists were squabbling at the end of the 1790s.
(3) So Jefferson led a fast, in protest against the British. So what? It was a political protest. Mahatma Gandhi also led fasts. Does that make him a christian too?
(4) You didn't actually counter any of my points about Jefferson or Madison, or explain where I had stated a "lie." You just asserted that christian values and beliefs influenced the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. Yet, the Constitution doesn't mention a god, doesn't match "god's" commandments in the bible, and actually instead states that no one should have to do any sort of religious test to hold public office (Article VI, paragraph 3 of the U.S. Constitution), which is contrary to christian commandments in the bible that state that not believing in the holy spirit is an unforgivable sin (see: Mark 3, verse 28-30) Religion, and more exactly, the bible and christianity, are like a big book of multiple choice. You can choose the nice bits that you want to follow and from which to take influence, and disregard everything about them that you find unsavory. Unfortunately, the bible is full of a lot of very immoral and unsavory things, like, supporting human enslavement. (Leviticus: As for your male and female slaves whom you may have: you may buy male and female slaves from among the nations that are around you. You may also buy from among the strangers who sojourn with you and their clans that are with you, who have been born in your land, and they may be your property. You may bequeath them to your sons after you to inherit as a possession forever. You may make slaves of them, but over your brothers the people of Israel you shall not rule, one over another ruthlessly.)
(5) The Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom guaranteed religious freedom for people of all religions; Catholic, Jew, Protestant. It was the forerunner to the Establishment Clause of the 1st Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. You know, that important amendment regarding having no federal religion and stating that no one has to be religious, or follow an deity? All of which is contrary to christianity, where if you don't believe in the holy spirit you can never be forgiven, and if you do not believe in this god character you are a sinner.
(6) When did I say that I am not going to allow someone to believe something? You're creating a fictional character in your head, I'm afraid. People can believe whatever they want. They just can't force me or anyone else to believe it.

(7) Jefferson and Madison had the sense to realize that religion had caused a lot of feuding, division, and turmoil throughout their lives and in human history. That is one of the biggest reasons they didn't want the government to favor one particular sect over another; they wanted harmony over strife. It's also why they both supported the idea of separating church and state affairs. Yes, christianity had a role in the United States. So what? So did the Renaissance, the Greek civilization that worshipped different deities, Science, and economics. Your claim was that the founders were christians. Some were, and some were not. I gave you two very key figures that were not "christians", in the sense they didn't believe in a theistic deity and in their lives openly criticized much of orthodox christianity. Jefferson didn't believe in the trinity, did not believe in the divinity of this character known as Jesus, and he openly called for the application of reason and evidence, the opposite of faith (which is a core of christianity, and something you seem to value.)

As Jefferson wrote to his nephew in 1787: Question with boldness even the existence of a god; because, if there be one, he must more approve the homage of reason, than that of blindfolded fear.
and
Thomas Jefferson: Bill for Religious Freedom, 1779. Papers 2:545: The opinions and belief of men depend not on their own will but follow involuntarily the evidence proposed to their minds.

Also worth reading (Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom):
Be it enacted by General Assembly that no man shall be compelled to frequent or support any religious worship, place, or ministry whatsoever, nor shall be enforced, restrained, molested, or burthened in his body or goods, nor shall otherwise suffer on account of his religious opinions or belief, but that all men shall be free to profess, and by argument to maintain, their opinions in matters of Religion, and that the same shall in no wise diminish, enlarge or affect their civil capacities

(8) If you think the Constitution was written and influenced by the values and beliefs of the everyday man and woman, your history is a little fuzzy, again, I'm afraid. You do realize that women weren't allowed to vote, blacks were worth less than 1 full white human being, blacks were not allowed to vote, and that only land-owning persons could vote, yes? Only white land owning males could vote for about 40 years after the Constitution went into effect. So again, you've offered up a faux-historical assertion that has been easily dismantled. Does that sound to you like the "everyday man and woman's" beliefs and virtues were a great influence upon the writing of the new laws of the land?

Last edited:
Reactions: jugulear

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
There is a difference between offering a different viewpoint and spouting bullshit. That is something you are good at.

Jefferson was an Episcopal, he was bought up that way and bought his kids up that way. Madison was a Presbyterian and that was the church he was bought up and educated in. It is obvious you do not understand how much church life was the center of a community of those times or how much that impact would have had on even the rich and wealthy like Madison and Jefferson (wealth and christian values don't mix well). Their friends, family, neighbors and many business associates would have had the same church in common.

Deism was an intellectual curisiousity for the wealthy and educated, which Jefferson and Madison were, but they were never deists. Deism, for all practical purposes, died around 1800.

As far as slavery goes you got all that wrong too. Christians, by the way, grew as a people in a world of slavery that they didn't invent. That is just the way things were. As far as America goes their were bitter feuds and arguments about slavery during the Grand Convention. Nor did you bother to mention that slavery was abolished in Vermont in 1777! America was basically a loose confederation of states after the revolution. Those debating the constitution felt strongly that without unity they would be invaded and conquered by one of the much more powerful countries of Europe (take your pick). So they made concessions to the southern states whose representatives would not budge on the issue. Afterwards the subject was fought over constantly with new laws limiting slavery being entered into the constitution consistently. Christianity had nothing at all to do with the acceptance of slavery. Slavery was about money and the practice of slavery was first instituted and financed in America by the Europeans.

But I don't come here to teach history or defend my faith. Go visit the Jefferson memorial. Pick up a fucking book. Your posts and views are so full of holes it is ridiculous. Arguing with you is a waste of my time and reading your post was as well. Please add me to your ignore list as you have just made mine. I have better things to do than read ignorant babble.

(edited for grammar corrections and clarifications)

Last edited: