What The Heck Is Up With Miki Sunohara?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

BDrake

Akiba Citizen
Sep 29, 2015
I saw this latest nothing video...
neo767pl.jpeg

Then I saw the one before that..
rctd426pl.jpeg

Then I remembered that Miki Sunohara hasn't consistently put out interesting material since the middle of the last decade, and I have to know. WHY? She is a beautiful BJ legend - in my top 10 all time - who debuted around the same time as Aika, Hibiki Otsuki, Yu Shinoda, and Yui Hatano. Most of those ladies are getting consistent work, and I think Miki is more talented than all of them.

The last movie I enjoyed was this one where she acts as a mentor to up and coming stars. It was a one off from several years ago. I thought this could have been a great series.
sdmu628pl.jpeg

Did Miki anger gatekeepers in the industry? Why is she making such lackluster videos at such a snail-like pace?

Inertia

Akiba Citizen
Apr 2, 2015
Miki is one of my favorite actresses and is by far has some of the best actual dramatic chops in the industry. Nevertheless, she's been active for close to a decade and once you push into your 30's and aren't already an A-lister (see Hitomi and the like), you're sadly going to get less 'ideal' (think vanilla mainstream) offers. "XYZ regulated to Attackers purgatory" may be a death knell for many JAV stars, but for Miki if this does ever happen, could be a great way to show off her talents.

samurai79

I like bukkake movies.
Oct 28, 2009
She doesn’t need the money any more. She’s been making around ¥500,000 each month for the past decade or so. This is just base salary from her agency, and doesn’t include private arrangements she no doubt has with rich men who can afford her. If she has been sensible with her money, she probably has a nice next egg tucked away.

maload

Jul 1, 2008
omg. may be because your actress dont sell well enough for the company.
i dont say she is not beautiful because everybody have thier own " beauty in thier head "
enough said.
nina have 10 movies and i want to know why too.
its good for her anyway.
no girl should be here in the first place .

look at crime , burn in the car , r*** on the street and leak movies for sell.
wa, whats great hell on earth.

BDrake

Akiba Citizen
Sep 29, 2015
Miki is one of my favorite actresses and is by far has some of the best actual dramatic chops in the industry. Nevertheless, she's been active for close to a decade and once you push into your 30's and aren't already an A-lister (see Hitomi and the like), you're sadly going to get less 'ideal' (think vanilla mainstream) offers. "XYZ regulated to Attackers purgatory" may be a death knell for many JAV stars, but for Miki if this does ever happen, could be a great way to show off her talents.
I don't think the 30s rule follows. Ayumi Shinoda, Kaho Kasumi, and Aki Sasaki were over 30 doing gangbusters while Miki floundered years ago. Aika, Yui Hatano, Hibiki Otsuki, and Yuu Shinoda have to be over 30 at this point.

Even now, Yumika Saeki had a blockbuster year and she is over 30. Rinne Touka was also everywhere until she took a break.

There is something else going on...