What games are you playing?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Denamic

Swedish Meat
Staff member
Super Moderator
Former Staff
Dec 7, 2006
The wii isn't a next gen console though.
It's a past gen console with a unique controller.

I'm currently playing The Last Remnant.
It's actually pretty damn good.
The demo confused the shit out of me, but once I was eased into it from the start of the game, I got a hang of how it works.
Few games makes me die as much as this game though.

Oh, and a tip: SHIELDS!
I cannot stress this enough. Two handed weapons and dual wielding may look cool and do lots of damage.
But you forfeit a huge, HUGE part of your defence by not wielding a shield.
Evasion is key to survival. Some bosses can easily one-hit you when in a morale advantage, so you want to dodge as much as possible.
Counter attacks can also deal sick damage.

Summer-Time-Fun

Apr 1, 2007
ArmA, and waiting for ArmA-II
Wow, ArmA-II
Code:
hxxp://www.arma2.com/

--Others--
Sudden Strike Forever
Sudden Strike II
Conquest Frontier Wars
Unreal The Awakening
Unreal Tournament 3
Wheel of Time
Crysis
Black & White

All for PC

newsn

Nov 1, 2007
Nobody playing R.E.5? I'm suprised well you should lol.

ponyboy

junior lolicon
Feb 24, 2009
at the moment I'm playing dead space and far cry 2. Dead space is seriously bad for your heart it's not exactly very scary but it's really stressful i love how you always have to dismember them, I got it at Christmas but i didn't have a good enough spec to run it but now I can the graphics and all the in game systems like map and health are awesome.

desioner

Sustaining L.I.F.E.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 22, 2006
newsn said:
Nobody playing R.E.5? I'm suprised well you should lol.
I am & I'm loving it. Well technically I'm playing Biohazard 5 which is just the Japanese release. I Just completed the Professional difficulty level a few days ago. Damn that was hard! if you feel like hitting me up for a game please do.
desioner

HENTAIBEN

The Nesta
May 13, 2007
I'm halfway through Shadow of the Colossus and I really like it.

I regret that I never finished that game. That and Ico are both fantastic games.

I'm currently playing...

Fallout 3 Broken Steel DLC: Pretty good so far, I'm never going to get to level 30 though.

Valkyrie Profile Covenant of The Plume: I'm a sucker for Valkyrie Profile, and SRPGs - so this works out nicely for me.

Mother 3: Finally playing this, not that far into it, but it's good!

newsn

Nov 1, 2007
I am & I'm loving it. Well technically I'm playing Biohazard 5 which is just the Japanese release. I Just completed the Professional difficulty level a few days ago. Damn that was hard! if you feel like hitting me up for a game please do.
desioner

I kinda stoped playing RE5 after Street Fighter 4 came out but if I pick it back up I'll send you an invite. By the way do you have any other games or better yet Street Fighter 4? It would be kinda bad ass to go at it with a fellow Akiba person lol.

Sakunyuusha

Jan 27, 2008
Yeah, I'd like them to, 'cause the one thing that brings the experience down for me is how crappy the graphics engine is. Not what the graphics engine has been assigned to render -- that is fucking amazing and beautiful. The colossi, the bridge, the castle, the mountains, the lakes, all of that. Very great vision that the art team had. Very great vision indeed! But the graphics engine takes that beautiful vision and shoves it through a tiny hole and what comes out the other end is far inferior. Not to sound cruel or gross, but to use a comparison I just thought of which I think is fairly accurate ...

The art team's design was like a monarch butterfly; the graphics engine was a hole the size of the letter 'o' in this post; shove the butterfly through the hole using a metal rod, and what comes out the other end is analogous to the final graphics in Shadow of the Colossus. :|

So yeah, I'd love to see the team with their same great vision apply that to a 2009/2010 HD game.

egrrr

Sep 4, 2008
Just finished persona 4 (after it's been sitting on my shelf for awhile).
Still kicking ass on Saints Row 2.
Didn't really like RE5.
Regretting getting Star Ocean last hope.
There's never a bad time to play some Tiger Woods golf.
Getting owned on Street Fighter, VF5 and DOA4.
Just waiting for Diablo 3.

newsn

Nov 1, 2007
Yeah, I'd like them to, 'cause the one thing that brings the experience down for me is how crappy the graphics engine is. Not what the graphics engine has been assigned to render -- that is fucking amazing and beautiful. The colossi, the bridge, the castle, the mountains, the lakes, all of that. Very great vision that the art team had. Very great vision indeed! But the graphics engine takes that beautiful vision and shoves it through a tiny hole and what comes out the other end is far inferior. Not to sound cruel or gross, but to use a comparison I just thought of which I think is fairly accurate ...

The art team's design was like a monarch butterfly; the graphics engine was a hole the size of the letter 'o' in this post; shove the butterfly through the hole using a metal rod, and what comes out the other end is analogous to the final graphics in Shadow of the Colossus. :|

So yeah, I'd love to see the team with their same great vision apply that to a 2009/2010 HD game.

I agree with you but I'm assuming you did not experience this game when it was first released on the PS2 am I correct? Well at the time when it first came out this game was amazing and I will always remember it like that despite the fact that it looks like shit in todays standards. I can't wait to see what they do with this generation of consoles graphics though it will really be something else.

newsn

Nov 1, 2007
Just finished persona 4 (after it's been sitting on my shelf for awhile).
Still kicking ass on Saints Row 2.
Didn't really like RE5.
Regretting getting Star Ocean last hope.
There's never a bad time to play some Tiger Woods golf.
Getting owned on Street Fighter, VF5 and DOA4.
Just waiting for Diablo 3.

Wait you have Street Fighter 4? We should do a match, what's your gamertag?

newsn

Nov 1, 2007
No, you're absolutely right, the first time I ever played it was not but two weeks ago.

It might be hard to find but if you like that developers work you should check out their previous game called Ico.

newsn

Nov 1, 2007
Call of Duty 4 for me.
Boy that game is really addictive.

Yeah I keep coming back to that game every now and then, have you seen the trailers for Modern Warfare 2 yet?

techie

SuupaOtaku
Jul 24, 2008
I must sadly say I never played games on my PC's
Not until a friend of mine introduced me to Lan battles in RTW
(Rome Total War)

I know it's old now but its the best my graphics card can do on this can.
I got so hooked I now am playing around with DirectX3D dev, Carrara, DAZ3D, Game Theory, Dynamic Psychology and a heap of other science to study how to make my own rendition of a slight bit more realistic and tactical game.

I wish I could try MTW or ETW as well but I heard someone used 8GB RAM and 1 GB VGA to even play it. ETW doesn't even run on half the systems available yet.

My next investment will be a 2 GB ATI card, a new PC with about 12 GB RAM and a couple of 1.5TB Hitachi drives for sure :)

=.=!!

^.^!!
Apr 20, 2009
Just quit Ghost Online...
My all time fav game is, Suikoden:XD: