what are you watching? (tv shows)

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Kumi3

Flaccid Member
Feb 8, 2011
Mads Mikkelsen is ok. I've watched him heaps on Danish TV.

Comparing anyone to Anthony Hopkins seems pretty pointless, really.

In case it hasn't been mentioned above, Banshee is worth a look at.

Person of Interest, Vegas (60's era), Golden Boy.

The BBC's Wallander is rather dark and brooding. There are also two versions of Wallander out of Sweden to follow.

A couple of UK comedic panel shows good for a laugh are: QI and, Would I lie to you?. Also the Australian Spicks and Specks, if you can get hold of it.

The mini-series Spies of Warsaw. 1930's era.

Strike-Back, nice rugged UK action drama.

Luther, UK psychological crime thriller.

George Gently, UK procedural crime drama. 1960's era.

Death in Paradise, UK procedural crime. Light, Entertaining.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
The Borgias is back for a third season and it is one of the better historical dramas that has ever graced the television screen. Jeremy Irons, a great classical actor, is outstanding in the prime role. The supporting cast does a good job and the acting and writing I find to be believable and entertaining. Of course with such rich historical characters as the Borgias the writers don't have to stray from history much to keep the plot intriguing.

You can catch it on Showtime or download it from whoever you download tv shows from, (TPB or eztv or kickasstorrents have it for sure).

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
So Continuum has returned on Showcase, Canadas' answer to HBO. It is a little twisted and the storyline is a bit hard to follow but it is good sci-fi. If you are into that sort of thing, and I am, then catch up on what you have missed. Available on eztv.

Orphan Black is winding up to its' season finale and it has been one of the most enjoyable shows I have ever seen come out of BBC America. One of the most original shows that I have ever watched period. Usually I find actors or actresses who play multiple parts, whether in a movie or tv series, to be a bit unbelievable or appear self-indulgent. Not this one. Tatiana Maslany is, without a doubt, brilliant and very believable. There is a very good explanation why this show has been renewed for a second season, it is just too good to cut. The plot is a bit of a headspin but the acting in this show is mostly first rate. Also available on eztv.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
The USA Idol :cheer:

I used to watch American Idol, I enjoy the singing and found the competition to be somewhat enjoyable. The judges were so incompetent and annoying this year I stopped watching it early on and don't miss it a bit.

postscript:
I recently heard that the entire panel was canned, which justifies my opinion somewhat.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
This summer has been slow to start with anything worth watching and has really cut down my bandwidth.

Burn Notice is back tonight as it starts its' seventh and final shortened season (on 13 episodes instead of the usual 18). The cancellation seems to be more about money than anything else. Miami is tearing down their production set and putting up a water park, (it would have been done last year but they were talked into a one year extension at the cost of an additional 200K rent....) Also the Floida legislature has created no tax incentives for the film industry this year, (which is what happened to Breaking Bad and In Plain Sight in New Mexico).

Whatever.... it will just be nice to have something to look forward to watch tonight.

isityours

People don't dance no mo'
Sep 27, 2008
DEXTE----R is back finally.

and Under the Dome (on syfy i think?) which looked really promising and then i saw that it is based on a stephen king book which explains everything.

i also looked at Defiance (just the first episode) but havent gotten into it yet.

Aqua2213

Jul 23, 2008
Window of Opportunity

I'm watching an Impala running for it's life and in desperation it jumps into a sitting car window and lands inside the car thus depriving two Cheetahs out of din din. You might say they were cheeted out od supper.

I think the impala's name is Chevy...

Amazing to see how high and fast and graceful they are when they run.

[youtube]uD6wdrVFc0g#at=66[/youtube]

isityours

Sep 27, 2008
so under the dome turned out to be a flop and Dexter is struggling. suits is still cool and breaking bad, although almost finished, is as awesome as ever. homeland is back (so happy) and so is sons of anarchy (thought it would never return...
checked out brooklyn nine-nine which was stupid (similar to arrested development) and masters of sex, still undecided.
sooo late to the party but i started watching the walking dead a few weeks ago and just started with season 3 yesterday. pleasantly surprised.
will check out dads later tonight.

Reactions: 1 person

isityours

Sep 27, 2008
so, masters of sex looks promising, the crazy ones starring robin williams (who is a sledgehammer to the proverbial walnut) is good, the millers sucks, the blacklist tries (and fails) to be the next the folllowing. SHIELD is pretty SHITE, unfortunately. sleepy hollow i have dld but not yet watched. the good wife is back. seeing it again i remembered how much i liked all the previous seasons. atlantis is probably going to suck (i havent watched a full episode yet). and i am rewatching house.
oh, and just started the second season of the killing which is very good.

EzikialRage

Nov 20, 2008
the crazy ones
Arrow
Shield
Sleepy Hallow
Super Natural
Ultimate Spider man
Beware the Batman
South Park
Family Guy
American Dad
Bones
The Goldbergs
Trophy wife
The Neighbors
Strike Back
Dr Who

isityours

Sep 27, 2008
dads sucks, the originals sucks, anyone watching betrayal?

and, no mention of breaking bad finishing...any thoughts on the finale anyone?

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
I just can't get excited about any of the new shows so I am excercising my option not to watch them.

The Dexter ending was shit. The Breaking Bad ending was the bomb. Little known fact, both shows actually decided to end the series when the state legislatures for New Mexico and Florida chose not to renew the tax breaks that were previously in place to encourage film making in those states. Same basic reason Burn Notice ended (another good finale).

Still Watching:

Survivor (the most succesful reality show ever for a reason)
Good Wife (she really is not all that good but she is likable)
Modern Family (nice to see Al Bundy with a family that actually respects him)
Arrow ( nothing redeemable about this show except the action scenes and the hot girls....which is enough for me)
Revolution (I actually have not watched it this season yet but I intend to catch up on it soon)
American Horror Story (see above....I hope Faye Dunaway is back)
Nashville (So I like country music and country girls...what is wrong with that?)
South Park (the creators have gotten a little lazy but you never know when they are going to show a classic)
Vampire Diaries ( I want to fuck Nina Dobrev....and maybe a few of the other babes as well)
The Ultimate Fighter (I was going to stop watching this but they have girls this season and Rhonda Rousey is one of the coaches!)
Elementary (I don't know why I watch this, its' really just okay)
Person Of Interest (with the latest NSA snooping news this show just became "current")
Haven (If Edge from the WWE wasn't on this I might dump it from my watch list)
Chicago Fire (My drama show fix)
Marvels Agents of S H I E L D (I guess there is a new show on my list)
The Walking Dead (now the best thing on tv beside Game of Thrones)
Boardwalk Empire (another great show but with Steve Buscemi what do you expect?)
Once Upon A Time (who knew Disney could be so controversial?)
Once Upon a Time in Wonderland (sneaked in another show but only because they are going to do tie ins with "Once Upon A Time")

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 person

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
I watch Pretty Little Liars (hot babes every single one of them) so I thought I would try the new spinoff Ravenswood. Spinoffs were all the rage 30 years ago or more...when the networks couldn't come up with succesful original new shows then either. Still, spinoffs can increase ones enjoyment of the originating show....or not, depending on the quality of the spinoff.

hawtdawg

Jul 19, 2010
Downton Abbey.