Cops (the tv show)

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.
Oct 6, 2007
I'll make the assumption most people from North America know about this show, hell it's been around for 22 seasons (almost as long as I've been alive) and I've watched it on and off during the days I had cable.

Recently I've been downloading it because I don't watch enough TV to make cable worth my money (I haven't had cable for over 3 years, I love EZTV). After watching this show though every episode makes me feel ashamed to be white, but ecstatic that I'm Canadian.

I just hope to god that nobody in the East downloads this show or their perception of foreigners will be greatly distorted.

Seeing as lots of people are from Europe on this board, do they have this show in Europe? It's basically a 30 minute show of officers doing their jobs and settling disputes, chasing criminals, etc.

Sakunyuusha

Jan 27, 2008
There are over 300 million American citizens. Even if you added up every single offender that has been caught on camera and shown on that show, and even if you assumed they were all one-time offenders (i.e. they never made second or third appearances on the show), I don't think you'd top out over 22 years x 52 weeks in a year x 1 episode a week x average of 5 individuals being actively pursued on camera (not re-enactments or mugshot solos) = 5,720. That's a hell of a lot of white, black, Hispanic, Asian, Middle Eastern, Hindi, etc. criminals, to be sure, but it's only 260 a year (or fewer than 1 in 1 million American citizens) and ~6,000 in the show's 22-year run (or fewer than 1 in 50,000 American citizens assuming we had zero deaths and zero births between 22 years ago and today).

Holy shit, though: you're making me feel old. 'Cause I totally remember watching cops as a pre-schooler ("Watcha gonna do? Watcha gonna do when they come for you?" my dad would say, chasing me for a tummy-tickle), and I totally realize that I'm in my mid-20s and that this show is still on the air, but sometimes (subconsciously) you don't put 2 and 2 together, y'know? I am older than a show that's been on TV for 22 fucking years ...... wow. @_@

Oct 6, 2007
You certainly are one of a kind Sakunyuusha because if everyone examined things the way you do stereotypes wouldn't exist. I know not all Americans are hicks that can't speak properly but when I hear someone telling a cop "she drugged me out of my car" and eventually coming to the realization she is replacing "dragged" with "drugged" it just makes me shake my head in disguist. Who in this world that has gotten an education past the age of 10 years old would use the word "drugged" instead of "dragged".

Sakunyuusha

Jan 27, 2008
Maybe the woman used an intoxicating aroma to force the man to vacate his vehicle? and thus "she drugged him out of his car" ? ;)

This video here is an oldie but a goodie. "Hey! Am I talking to you!? Am I talking to you!? Then stay over there and shut yer mouth! Now if you move again, I'm, uh, gonna shoot ya!" Gotta love the Fargo accent this team placed on that main cop.

"OOTINI!"

Oh, COPS.

And what the hell is up with this? I'm really torn between being happy with the officer and being angry at him. Two thumbs up for being a nice guy and for rewarding people for being honest to the police, but two thumbs down for letting the kids go with just a slap on the wrist when it's clear that they were driving while intoxicated (with marijuana, and possibly other drugs). It's one thing to arrest a guy for the possession of marijuana in his car, but it's another thing altogether to arrest him for driving after having just gotten high on it. These kids needed to spend the night in the slammer -- with no snacks to satiate their munchies :p -- instead of being let go to get yelled at by Mom.

Rhinosaur

Outside Context Problem
Sep 23, 2007
every episode makes me feel ashamed to be white, but ecstatic that I'm Canadian
Holy shit!! I actually thought you were Korean!!!

Oct 6, 2007
Holy shit!! I actually thought you were Korean!!!

Hahaha depends on who you ask, most of my Korean friends say I'm more Korean than they are, but I'm actually just a Canadian with a huge interest in Korean culture/language/music.