what are you watching? (tv shows)

Novablaze23

Feb 27, 2009
I gave up on Helix, I don't know why, just got tired of it. Same for Arrow and Flash. All three are "good" but I found myself in no hurry to watch them so I stopped wasting my time on them. I would rather look for an interesting anime I haven't seen, lol. Attack on Titan was excellent too, especially the first few episodes. If only American TV could write as good as some of the Japanese animes. When I was younger mini-series went through a phase in american tv, some of them were epic (Rich Man, Poor Man). They should try that again but instead we are stuck with cheap reality shows and a greedy actors guild that forbids making affordable quality tv. I mean I just adored Breaking Bad but it cost around 3 million dollars per episode to make.....an unbelievable fact but true nonetheless.

Hehe just did the same with Helix first season was great but 2nd one has lost its way, So now i am watching knights of sidonia, so far its a good show its a bit slow up until episode 3 or 4 but now it is very good, As for TV i gave up on it about 7 years ago i would rather stream my shows than watch TV just to much crap on these days, used to be good but British TV has took all the great ideas from the past and recycled them into so called new shows.

Regards

NOVA

Reactions: Ceewan

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
TheFollowing is back for what some experts are saying is their last season (due to ratings), which is too bad as this has been one of, if not thee, best season yet. Kevin Bacon is really outstanding in this role and they have some pretty great guest stars this season. I will miss it when they cancel it.

Bates Motel is also back for another "killer" season. I have always been a big horror movie fan and this series does the Norman Bates legend justice. It is not all aout horror though, it blends drama and mystrey into the show in excellent Psycho fashion.

Community was picked up by Amazon and I have been enjoying the new season and its' new cast members but I was always a fan of the show anyway, it is not for everyone.

Thx for suggesting Knights of Sidonia, there hasn't been a decent dual-audio torrent release yet but I will download one when I see it to check it out.

Gir633

Señor Member
Oct 28, 2008
Community was picked up by Amazon and I have been enjoying the new season and its' new cast members but I was always a fan of the show anyway, it is not for everyone.

It's been pretty good so far, I like Paget Brewster's character, and honestly I don't really miss the old characters that were dropped that much, except maybe Troy. And I admit I laughed way too much at the dean's virtual reality scenes.

That, Better Call Saul, Grimm, and an occasional Bones episode have been the only shows I've been watching (other than J-dramas).

Oh, and Game of Thrones when it starts back up.

Novablaze23

Feb 27, 2009
TheFollowing is back for what some experts are saying is their last season (due to ratings), which is too bad as this has been one of, if not thee, best season yet. Kevin Bacon is really outstanding in this role and they have some pretty great guest stars this season. I will miss it when they cancel it.

Bates Motel is also back for another "killer" season. I have always been a big horror movie fan and this series does the Norman Bates legend justice. It is not all aout horror though, it blends drama and mystrey into the show in excellent Psycho fashion.

Thx for suggesting Knights of Sidonia, there hasn't been a decent dual-audio torrent release yet but I will download one when I see it to check it out.

Knights of Sedonia is on NETFLIX season 2 should be out on the 10th of April, so if you want to watch it in duel audio check out netflix, just sign up for it with a bank card then cancel it and you have a free month :) been doing that for almost a year lol,

I did like one series the 4400 but yet again they canceled it....sigh i will have to check out the Community it sounds good.

Regards
Nova

Novablaze23

Feb 27, 2009
Oh just to add just finished watching Arpeggio of Blue Steel this is a strange one but you know what i can not wait for the new season to start also found out there are going to be 2 movies for this :D

Regards
Nova

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
So I came across a pretty interesting series called Powers that happens to be Playstations (yes, you heard me right) first original series on the Playstation Network. The pilot episode is even available for free on youtube. However I wasn't all that crazy about the Pilot, nor was I that excited about the second episode, after the third I was hooked like trout. It is only a 10 episode series so if you have the oppurtunity, watch it.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
As I continually struggle with finding something on primetime entertainment worth watching I find myself saying goodbye to an old favorite. Vampire Diaries, (which by just the title should have been unwatchable). The most watched series on the CW network for all of its' 6 seasons, (and rightly so), lost its' star the beautiful, talented and irrestitible Nina Dobrev as she retired at the seasons end. Considering she was the center of the show I just cannot see watching it continue without her. The other co-stars are quite capable but you can't take the eggs out of an omelot and still call it an omelot. I did not watch the spin-off series the Originals, (even though it was renewed for a third d season) and I don't see myself watching a seventh season of Vampire Diaries without her. I don't blame her for retiring, she has fame and fortune, gave the show proper notice and she can live her life however she pleases. I will miss her. For those who do not know who she is here is a picture or two:
Nina-Dobrev-tvd-08.jpg Firous_-_Nina_Dobrev.jpg Nina-Dobrev-05.jpg

At least we still have "Game of Thrones" to look forward to (I thnk there are only five episodes left!). I was even considering downloading the 1st season of the "Odd Couple" remake to see if I liked it. I have heard it got a lot better after the first episode or two andI am a big fan of Matthew Perry (who has as much luck keeping a series going as Christian Slater, who I also like).

Last edited:

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
And time for my latest rant on the subject of TV:

The Following, starring Kevin Bacon, has, as was predicted, been cancelled. I will miss it, it was a great last season to go out on though. Even the critics thought Bacon was great but all the death and gore seemed a bit much for them. I have nothing but curse words for FOX over the cancellation. May they all get crabs.

As a side note: Helix was cancelled but I think they may have gotten that one right.....probably by accident.

isityours

People don't dance no mo'
Sep 27, 2008
i highly recommend "Deutschland83" from Sundance TV.
it tells the story of a east german officer who infiltrates the west german army to spy for east german intelligence. plot holes and implausibilities aside, the cinematography is nice and the story has kept me interested. only 5 episodes are available on TPB. im just cracking open 5 now.

watched the first 2 episodes of "Mr Robot" but the second episode didnt quite do what the first one did for me.

"The Americans" of course.

Last edited:

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
I've been watching "Dark Matter" which is on late Friday night. If you liked "Firefly" (which I did) you will love this. You will want to hunt out the first of the series though or wait for the end of the season and download the whole thing. Serious Scyfy lovers only need apply. It is not a great show but It is pretty enjoyable.

Basically, this summer was a bomb for me. I watched the staples "Suits" and "Pretty Little Liars" (those girls are so hot) and the best thing now on tv "True Detective" but not much else. I did enjoy watching Rhonda Rousey though, she is a phenom.

Reactions: isityours

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
The new fall season looms on the horizon, let us know if you watch something you like.

Dark Matter finished its' 1st season, great finale to a great season. Loved it!

hawtdawg

Jul 19, 2010
I'm looking forward to the upcoming final season of Downton Abbey. Sad to see it end, but the last two seasons have been substandard, so it's well past time to put it to bed. Any other DA watchers here?

isityours

People don't dance no mo'
Sep 27, 2008
has anyone been watching cuban chrome? honestly it isnt the kind of show i would usually (usually? ever) watch but i picked it up and it offered an interesting insight into cuba and its auto industry, or lack thereof. apart from being as scripted and phony as every other 'reality tv'show out there, its OK i guess.

i tried downton abbey and it seemed good but havent gotten past the first few episodes yet.

how about fear of the walking dead? i dld it but havent gotten to it yet.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Some of those "reality" shows are actually interesting, that is the "hook" after all. But no, I haven't seen it.

I have some relatives that watch "Downtown Abbey" religiously but I have never been interested enough to try it. Maybe someday.....

I am in the same boat with "Fear the Walking Dead", sry. I will probably get around to it soon myself as now I have the first two episodes stored somewhere. I know I wasn't much help but I didn't want to ignore your reply.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
I saw the 1st episode of "Fear The Walking Dead" which means I will get around to watching the second. It is okay, they tried really hard to distance themselves from the "Walking Dead" formula and it showed. We will see how long that lasts. Because Zombie cinema only works if it ties into the formula that made it famous, the formula from the original two zombie hits: "Night of the Living Dead" and "Dawn of the Dead" ("The Evil Dead" sucked as a zombie movie, but it was a great way to introduce the genius of Bruce Cambell). If you are unsure of exactly what that formula is, then watch those two movies until you get it. The "Walking Dead" reeks of those two movies and is the better for it.

So I started watching "Robot", I just had to see what the fuss was all about. I could only ignore it for so long. It has the technical flaws that I expected, the writers seem real uncomfortable and out of their element there but once I accepted that I was able to overlook it....so far anyway. The social dialogue is very good, the wardrobe outstanding and realistic, the photography is crisp and very professional and the acting is, for me, mostly enjoyable. So I will see where they are going with this and if its' strengths can counter its' obvious weaknesses. I have no fault with the directing or music but some of the script should have stayed in the trash bin.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
South Park is back with a bang. I look forward to a great season and hopefully they can stir up as much fuss every episode.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
And so the new Fall Season starts, let us know if you watch anything you like.

I saw the new season of Longmire from Netflix and I actually wish I could have afforded to pay them for it, which is rare for me. They did me a big favor in picking up this show, the only show with high ratings to get cancelled because its' audience was to old. It was a great season and I hope they pick it up for Season 5. Watch Season 4 if you are able (unless you didn't like the show when it was on the Networks). One thing they did that was cool is they didn't put a time limit on the episodes so each episode was over what it would have normally been when it was on the Network.

I will likely not be watching Once Upon A Time this year as they have made some script plans public that interest me not in the least. Too bad, it was a good show with original programming and decent acting overall. But you want to watch something you feel you are going to enjoy and not about subject matter you feel you won't.

The two new most interesting shows tonight are Minority Report and Blindspot but they are both somewhat original takes on cop shows and I am really sick of cop shows(and lawyer shows and doctor shows), so I will probably give them a pass. Sick of TV trying to tell me what is right and wrong, I think I will sit back and watch some anime tonight.

Reactions: hawtdawg

hawtdawg

Jul 19, 2010
First episode of the final season of Downton Abbey is in the books. It's deterioration to being little more than a soap opera continues. There are plenty of interesting characters, but it really ran out of steam at the end of the third season. I only watch it now because Michelle Dockery turns me on, and I find the butler Carson quite funny, albeit unintentionally so.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
So, in lieu of anything decent to watch I was watching one of the episodes of Continuum (in its' last season, may it rest in peace).

I did see something interesting, a sitcom called The Grinder starring Rob Lowe. Now I am a big Rob Lowe fan, I have been ever since he started acting. That is a guy that never "phones" it in. I have seen him in some awful movies, just acting his heart out. So I thought I would try this out and I thought it was entertaining. You might want to give it a try.

Reactions: hawtdawg