µTorrent issues - Heads up Seeding hidden from CPU Processes!

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

lowleg26

non-active
Oct 25, 2009
resolved the issue finally.
Problem rooted in "Conficker UpDown"

A trojan w32 style commonly distributed from image hosts and file storage servers.

Not to pry, but how did you figure that one out? :puzzled:

At any rate, good to hear you've got the problem figured out! :cheer:

techie

SuupaOtaku
Jul 24, 2008
Not to pry, but how did you figure that one out? :puzzled:

At any rate, good to hear you've got the problem figured out! :cheer:

Elementary my dear Watson....
:)

When all other solutions are proven wrong, however unlikely, the one thing that resolves the issue upon removal must have been the cause of the same :)

Ok... in plain English. I scanned, rescanned and retested the pc, dumped 40 GB of data, cleared another 20 of junk, dumped all temp, cache and unnecessary junk, and then rescanned it again with three different utilities.

NOD32, SPybot S&D, Sophos AntiRoot kit

Finally I found the crook.

Hidden in a file which is never used, at least I have not had a use for them ever, but since I bought the machine pre-installed (which I normally never do) this little bugger should not have even been on the machine since MS update in SP3 should have removed it prior to Jan. 2007.

So I killed :evil: the little thing and no more problems of the sort has come up since.