slacker
Staff member
Super Moderator
Emperor
Nov 7, 2006
Yea, makes sense.

henri

Jun 5, 2008
Am trying to post a new torrent and while I did so once before cannot quite remember how I did it.
The link below to the Torrent Station does not work. I get a 404 error.
Can someone please advise me.
Sorry to be dense.
Henri.

Making a Torrent file is actually very simple.

Note: this tutorial is based on the bitcomet torrent creation interface, however the principles and insructions are relevant to all other torrent creation tools.

Click on the "create" button and you'll be presented with a new form

The first thing you're going to want to do is fill in the "Tracker server" list. Most torrent trackers require you to upload the torrent file you generate to their server before they will track your torrent. The benefit of this to you is you can check with the tracker how many peers and seeds are connected without having to look at your client, the benefit to the tracker is that they can choose which torrents to allow and deny, keep track of users by registration and also save tracker load.

If you are uploading the torrent to this forum, you can make use of the local tracker http://www.akiba-online.com:2710/announce Akiba-online tracker is down.

Otherwise notable sites with good closed trackers are:
among others...

If you just wish to post the torrent and seed the file with minimal bother, you can make use of open trackers and DHT.

DHT
"Distributed Hash Table" technology has been built into all major clents for a while now. What it means essentially is that a torrent should work without any trackers at all. There are a few issues with DHT such as a lack of a total bittorrent protocol standard between clients, but overall DHT is incredibly useful. Despite its usefulness it's still wise to use trackers aswell, as not all clients support DHT, and trackers update much more frequently.

Open Trackers
As stated earlier, the easiest and fastest way to go about making torrents is to use open trackers. Because they are open, they are highly trafficked and sometimes they are down. You can, however, use as many trackers as you like. You can also use open trackers as backup trackers while at the same time using a closed tracker.
(Note: Individual tracker policy on this may vary)

The following trackers are open and responsive:

Code:
[URL]http://tracker.prq.to/announce[/URL]
[URL]http://tracker.bitebbs.com:6969/announce[/URL]
[URL]http://www.torrent-downloads.to:2710/announce[/URL]
[URL]http://www.wetspunk.net/announce.php[/URL]
[URL]http://denis.stalker.h3q.com:6969/announce[/URL]
Step-by-step
  1. Paste in your tracker/trackers. If you are using a closed tracker, it is best to place it at the top of the list. You can use as many trackers as you like, but as a rule of thumb, 5 is overkill.
  2. Use browse to select the file you wish to torrent. You can also select a folder to torrent. Please note that the torrent file will be download with the name of the folder you select, so make it representative.
  3. Make sure to have enabled DHT network
  4. (optional) You can fill in the torrent information tab with data, a link to information and loosely "secure" the torrent from editing.
  5. (optinal) The Comment tab allows you to comment the torrent, perhaps with an info link or a message "created by..." or "posted on..." etc.
  6. Click "OK". After a short period (depending on size and number of files ;you can see a blue progress bar at the bottom of the client) your torrent file will be generated in the directory indicated and also queued in your bitcomet client for you to start seeding immediately.
  7. If you used a closed tracker, proceed to register the torrent at whichever site's tracker you used.
  8. Upload the torrent as an attachment to a new thread in the Torrent Station and don't forget to seed.
2.png

henri

Jun 5, 2008
I have been trying to post a new torrent and although I did so once before cannot quite figure it out this time. The link below to Torrent Station sends me to a 404 error page. Perhaps it has to do with the reincarnated site. I also have an error logging in; have to do so at least twice. Any help would be appreciated. and THANKS for the great site.

Making a Torrent file is actually very simple.

Note: this tutorial is based on the bitcomet torrent creation interface, however the principles and insructions are relevant to all other torrent creation tools.

Click on the "create" button and you'll be presented with a new form

The first thing you're going to want to do is fill in the "Tracker server" list. Most torrent trackers require you to upload the torrent file you generate to their server before they will track your torrent. The benefit of this to you is you can check with the tracker how many peers and seeds are connected without having to look at your client, the benefit to the tracker is that they can choose which torrents to allow and deny, keep track of users by registration and also save tracker load.

If you are uploading the torrent to this forum, you can make use of the local tracker http://www.akiba-online.com:2710/announce Akiba-online tracker is down.

Otherwise notable sites with good closed trackers are:
among others...

If you just wish to post the torrent and seed the file with minimal bother, you can make use of open trackers and DHT.

DHT
"Distributed Hash Table" technology has been built into all major clents for a while now. What it means essentially is that a torrent should work without any trackers at all. There are a few issues with DHT such as a lack of a total bittorrent protocol standard between clients, but overall DHT is incredibly useful. Despite its usefulness it's still wise to use trackers aswell, as not all clients support DHT, and trackers update much more frequently.

Open Trackers
As stated earlier, the easiest and fastest way to go about making torrents is to use open trackers. Because they are open, they are highly trafficked and sometimes they are down. You can, however, use as many trackers as you like. You can also use open trackers as backup trackers while at the same time using a closed tracker.
(Note: Individual tracker policy on this may vary)

The following trackers are open and responsive:

Code:
[URL]http://tracker.prq.to/announce[/URL]
[URL]http://tracker.bitebbs.com:6969/announce[/URL]
[URL]http://www.torrent-downloads.to:2710/announce[/URL]
[URL]http://www.wetspunk.net/announce.php[/URL]
[URL]http://denis.stalker.h3q.com:6969/announce[/URL]
Step-by-step
  1. Paste in your tracker/trackers. If you are using a closed tracker, it is best to place it at the top of the list. You can use as many trackers as you like, but as a rule of thumb, 5 is overkill.
  2. Use browse to select the file you wish to torrent. You can also select a folder to torrent. Please note that the torrent file will be download with the name of the folder you select, so make it representative.
  3. Make sure to have enabled DHT network
  4. (optional) You can fill in the torrent information tab with data, a link to information and loosely "secure" the torrent from editing.
  5. (optinal) The Comment tab allows you to comment the torrent, perhaps with an info link or a message "created by..." or "posted on..." etc.
  6. Click "OK". After a short period (depending on size and number of files ;you can see a blue progress bar at the bottom of the client) your torrent file will be generated in the directory indicated and also queued in your bitcomet client for you to start seeding immediately.
  7. If you used a closed tracker, proceed to register the torrent at whichever site's tracker you used.
  8. Upload the torrent as an attachment to a new thread in the Torrent Station and don't forget to seed.
2.png

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Try using utorrent. Uploading your own torrent is simple, fun and a great way to share files with others. Much of what chompy says is relevant but utorrent has their own forum and I am sure all your unasked questions are already answered there (disclaimer: you might actually have to search there for the answers but they are there).

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
sorry not sure what you mean by little boxes

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Actually I sometimes refer to a tutorial here on making torrents because I don't create that many of my own. But I do and it is easy (and yes, I have messed up before, so what? It is not like you are going to break anything.) I prefer the TORRENTS - FAQs, speed issues, whatever thread stickied in the U15 torrent section. It is full of pages containing useful information (and some not so useful). The most important thing to keep in mind is that creating a torrent is not rocket science.

(and no coolkevin, I don't know what he meant by "little boxes" either)

As far as posting the torrent you only need to upload a torrent file to your post. If you are posting in the JAV sections check out the rules so you know what is expected of you. You will also be expected to include relevant information in your initial post such as a preview picture (upload just like your torrent file), file format, torrent size and a brief description (DVD Code as well if it is JAV). Also remember to search to see if it has already been uploaded here before, no sense creating a torrent if one already exists and please post the torrent in the correct section.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
You can copy trackers from another torrent or add none at all (but make sure to enable DHT, Peer Exchange and Local Peer Discovery either way), you or others can always add trackers later.

Your bittorrent client (I use utorrent) creates the torrent file for you. It is part of what a bittorrent client does.

1. "Post new thread" in forum of my choice. (Make sure it is in the correct forum/section. Don't post an anime torrent in the JAV section or a JAV torrent in the IV section. Also do a search before you post. Double posting is an infraction, or was anyway. Also the DVD code should be in the thread title if there is one.)

The first time one does anything new there are going to be small difficulties just do to ignorance. Nonetheless, creating torrents is a simple process itself. Make sure to seed and once you get your torrent going feel free to repost it at any other sites that might accept it, if you go to any others. The more a torrent is shared the longer its' life is. I have found some torrents dead in under a year and others that are still going strong after a decade.

Reactions: chazz00

prophetomega

Smut Hunter
Apr 17, 2012
The trackers part of the torrent tut is a bit confusing. If I just copied the trackers used in another post, would that work ?

Depends on the tracker. Their are private trackers, meaning you need to be a member of their website or forum so that the tracker would work. But lets not go that route. I'll just give you the easiest way to do these. First of all trackers are like routes, they will track which pc is downloading, seeding and uploading. So what are the trackers that you should use? Here in akiba their is no specified or mandatory tracker. In other forums specially official torrent sharing website they have mandatory trackers that you should include if you are going to upload a torrent. So for starters I suggest you use public trackers such as...

udp://tracker.istole.it:80/announce

udp://open.demonii.com:1337/announce

udp://tracker.openbittorrent.com:80/announce

udp://tracker.publicbt.com:80/announce

Where does the actual "xxxxxx.torrent" file come from ?

Once you hit "Create" meaning you already done choosing which file to share and you already added trackers that you wanted. Your torrent client will ask you where do you want to save the torrent file (or your xxxxx.torrent) So once you have that file all you gotta do is share it. And don't forget to check if you are seeding the torrent you just created. If you are not seeding, double click the xxxxx.torrent that you made (open it) and go to the file(location of your torrent file) location and save it their. Your torrent should start checking and then it will start seeding.

Last edited:
Reactions: chazz00 and Ceewan