Trouble downloading a paticular torrent

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

supergoldzero

Apr 9, 2007
I started downloading a torrent on this forum [located here: http://www.akiba-online.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2502] posted by Chompy that started to download just fine but sometime between Saturday and Sunday I began getting a "Problem connecting to tracker - <urlopen error (7, 'No address associated with nodename')>" error which later evolved to a 'Critical: Aborting the torrent as it was rejected by the tracker while not connected to any peers. Message from the tracker: unregistered torrent' which does not let me even ster the torrent at all. I did as much research as I could before I posted this question both here and in the original thread but I doubt this problem relates to the 'downtime' hinted at in some threads in the help and support boards since other torrents I downloaded and tested from the teeny torrents boards work just fine. Thanks a bunch to anyone who can help me solve this problem!

P.S: If it helps to know I am currently using a PowerPC Imac G5 with the latest version of bittorrent.

Denamic

Swedish Meat
Staff member
Super Moderator
Former Staff
Dec 7, 2006
tracker.deadfrog.us seems to be down temporarily and tracker.crimsondays.com seems to have rejected the torrent, but prq still works fine, as does dht.
All you need to do is get a torrent client that supports multiple trackers and dht, such as uTorrent, BitComet or Azureus.
Since you're on a mac, Azureus would be the best pick, since it's the only multi platform client so far.
With that, I think it should work.