New bitcomet

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Igrat

hypocrite critic
Dec 9, 2006
Have you guys seen the new bitcomet, they have their own trackers now.
I've been using 0.70 version cause it's very stable but it is very slow to read the torrents when booting up the computer. I don't know about the new 0.79 but it seems very fast to me.
Once we make the torrent, is it possible just to use their trackers instead of others like deadfrog?
I wonder if other torrent clients offer that kind of service?

Ether

flaming hobo
Dec 7, 2006
Hmm...Bitcomet 0.64 serves all my needs well. Tried .7 but it kept glitching on me.

chompy

slacker
Staff member
Super Moderator
Emperor
Nov 7, 2006
Bitcomet has had its own trackers since the beginning and supported DHT (trackerless) since 0.59

I use the latest build of bitcomet. It's the best client by far. Closest contender is uTorrent which boasts fewer features and is now owned by Bram Cohen's MPAA-friendly organisation
(that's a bad thing)

Denamic

Swedish Meat
Staff member
Super Moderator
Former Staff
Dec 7, 2006
I've been using uTorrent for years.. I kinda liked it.
Not that this 'sellout' will affect us swedes in any way, I still feel almost betrayed by it.
I'll probably switch to comet or go back to az later on.

I'll have to read up on BT clients.

Igrat

hypocrite critic
Dec 9, 2006
That's strange, I gave a torrent to my friend and he told me that he can't connect to my computer....maybe I should use a different kind of tracker after all. :(
Anyone can suggest sites that provides trackers???
Edit: No matter, I can connect now...takes time to upload.

streetballbn

choked to death
Dec 11, 2006
what's the difference really? .............. o.o' ,and what's so special bout it? ....... o.o' , uhmm..i'm currently using bitlord right now.. but, if this bitcomet is better ,ima gonna use this too.. hmmm...

chompy

slacker
Staff member
Super Moderator
Emperor
Nov 7, 2006
Bitlord is bitcomet 0.56 code modified to fool trackers and infused with adware.

Igrat

hypocrite critic
Dec 9, 2006
I've been using the latest version for three days now, it's been crashing like crazy....everytime I do something wrong, the client will close by itself and a pop-up box prompt me to send the problem to the bitcomet team.
Maybe it's my computer, any of you guys have this problem?

peacius

Dec 13, 2006
i use azureus and i am completely satisfied with it! i dont think ill ever switch. i know that it runs off of java, so takes of a lot of ram, but i have 2 gigs, and i only bog it down when i run maya, photoshop, and a game or two... :D

flame_zero

Eat this !!!
Dec 13, 2006
i use azureus and i am completely satisfied with it! i dont think ill ever switch. i know that it runs off of java, so takes of a lot of ram, but i have 2 gigs, and i only bog it down when i run maya, photoshop, and a game or two... :D

god wish i had that much =/

me i actually use both bitcomet and bitlord, for the fact that yea bitload has adware but seems to be faster to me then bitcomet. personaly i kinda like how the old one was but i got into the habbit if updating it once every six months just hope the next is better -.-

pogi420

HG-gang bang announcer
Dec 13, 2006
haha peacius you spoiled brat :3

Well i have been using bitcomet after i switched from bittornado, which was a long time ago.

Its fast=more downloads=bigger penis=better.

peacius

Dec 13, 2006
OPB: flame_zero
god wish i had that much =/

OPB: pogi420
haha peacius you spoiled brat :3

its not that im a spoiled brat, its that i was smart with what i bought to build my computer... (i assembled it myself which im sure some of you did too..) i have an AMD X2 processor (bitchin!), a Radeon X1800XT 512MB graphics card (amazing!), 2GB DDR ram (wish i had DDR2 but i dont :(), micro ATX motherboard/case (perfect for college life!), a 450 watt power supply (biggest that would fit in the case, lol), 300GB hardrive for all my needs (and if i need more i just burn shit onto dvds)... umm... 16x dual-layer dvd burner.

so ya. thats my compy ^^ i love this thing! but once i get out of the dorms i am going to upgrade with more ram, a better motherboard, bigger case, and a second hard drive... ill probably throw some water cooling in there, and some other cool things :D maybe another 1800... or maybe ill put in the 1900 ^^ :D haha

Igrat

hypocrite critic
Dec 9, 2006
its not that im a spoiled brat, its that i was smart with what i bought to build my computer... (i assembled it myself which im sure some of you did too..) i have an AMD X2 processor (bitchin!), a Radeon X1800XT 512MB graphics card (amazing!), 2GB DDR ram (wish i had DDR2 but i dont :(), micro ATX motherboard/case (perfect for college life!), a 450 watt power supply (biggest that would fit in the case, lol), 300GB hardrive for all my needs (and if i need more i just burn shit onto dvds)... umm... 16x dual-layer dvd burner.

No offence to you peacius but some of us have a small specs for our computer.
I don't know if Azureus is as good as you claim it should, but does it run well on a com with the specs Pentium 3 2.00GHz and a Gig of RAM??

Denamic

Swedish Meat
Staff member
Super Moderator
Former Staff
Dec 7, 2006
It should run just fine, since it isn't cpu intensive.
While az does use relatively much ram, with 1GB or more, there shouldn't be any problem whatsoever.
I used to run az on a P4 2Ghz with 512MB of ram, and it ran just fine.

Igrat

hypocrite critic
Dec 9, 2006
I know that Az is more user-friendly and easier than bitcomet but talking bout the after-effect of the com, will it slows down the PC? I'm not running anything except for torrent and surfing the net.