New bitcomet

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Denamic

Swedish Meat
Staff member
Super Moderator
Former Staff
Dec 7, 2006
It won't slow it down at all.
It only uses a chunk of your ram memory, nothing more.
Unless you're playing a resource intensive game, like quake 4, you probably won't notice any difference.

peacius

Dec 13, 2006
OPB: Igrat
No offence to you peacius but some of us have a small specs for our computer.
I don't know if Azureus is as good as you claim it should, but does it run well on a com with the specs Pentium 3 2.00GHz and a Gig of RAM??
OPB: Igrat
I know that Az is more user-friendly and easier than bitcomet but talking bout the after-effect of the com, will it slows down the PC? I'm not running anything except for torrent and surfing the net.

ya, you should be fine. Denamic is right, it doesnt really use that much... for instance, right now its only using 46,000K so its not too bad. the only times that i have bogged down my computer were when i was running maya, photoshop, winamp, azureus, and playing guild wars with the occassional switch over to doom 3...
so as you can see i was running some pretty intense programs there, so azureus should really be fine! i hope that you like it! i know that i love it :D

Tamichi

Local Psychopath
Jan 24, 2007
I'm an Az user too and I my comp I bought 2 years ago, and even back then it was a cheappo machine, after simply upgrading my RAM from 128 to 512 I never had a problem with speed. I can run itunes, firefox, Az, Photoshop at the same time and still only use up a fraction of my comps power.

Igrat

hypocrite critic
Dec 9, 2006
My whole family is using utorrent so I've moved on to that. Lightweight and stable, I still don't know why people claiming it's not good.

tmmy_james

Feb 20, 2007
Have you guys seen the new bitcomet, they have their own trackers now.
I've been using 0.70 version cause it's very stable but it is very slow to read the torrents when booting up the computer. I don't know about the new 0.79 but it seems very fast to me.
Once we make the torrent, is it possible just to use their trackers instead of others like deadfrog?
I wonder if other torrent clients offer that kind of service?

Oh snap! I also use bitcomet 0.70 also. I feel that it suits me because of out of all the DL rates its been the best out of the rest of the versions.

V666p

Dec 24, 2006
I tryed the a new bitcomet (version .90 I think ), but had trouble connecting to remote peers. Couldnt figure out what was wrong. Now I'm using Ver .70 again and it works fine.

Igrat

hypocrite critic
Dec 9, 2006
Ver 9.0 is out? Man I'm outdated........I'll try it out

devilstar696

Feb 25, 2007
I have a pretty standard PC.. AMD Athlon 2,25 GHz, 1 Gb ram, GeForce 6600 bla bla, and have always used Azureus ever since my first torrent D/L. But there is one thing that i hate about it ...Every time i run Az and play a game at the same time (like Diablo2 or any DirectX game..modern or older) my comp hangs up on me. Would an upgrade in RAM solve that mayhaps? Personally i doubt it'd help much..
But i don't care much for other BT client these days, especially since uTorrent fucked up.

maohayato

unknown loli
Nov 8, 2006
mwahaha, I still use BC 0.56

don't feel the need to upgrade it.

randomfish

The Sake God
Mar 17, 2007
BC is good and all, but last time i tried it, it was banned on a bunch of trackers due to it being easily hacked to spoof your ratio. anyone know if this is still a problem?

maohayato

unknown loli
Nov 8, 2006
BC is good and all, but last time i tried it, it was banned on a bunch of trackers due to it being easily hacked to spoof your ratio. anyone know if this is still a problem?

not really, some trackers just like to ban certain clients.

To make your downloading experience is as hasslefree as can be either:
a) use a widely accepted and rarely-banned client
or
b) besides using BC also use a different client for those trackers that have banned it.
or
c) only use trackers that don't ban BC

Personally the whole BC is leech-client was way overhyped by certain trackers/persons and it spread like wildfire. At least I'm a pragmatic person, I just switch to bittornado if a tracker doesn't like my old version of BC.

BT-clients are only half of the leech equation. The user that only leeches/hit-and-runs is the other part. In the end it doesn't matter which client you use, as long as ppl want to share/upload its all good.

randomfish

The Sake God
Mar 17, 2007
true, might as well try it out again, my router is being stupid atm and BC might work around it, that or i have to get a new router