Things that piss you off.

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

EzikialRage

Nov 20, 2008
Stupid product warning labels. Like Caution coffee hot printed on the side of a coffee cup from a fast food establishment, warning allergy information contains peanuts on a jar of peanut butter, and the countless other stupid and blatantly obvious warning labels. I realize that these companies put these warning labels that insult our intelligence on these products is because of the money grubbing lawyers trying to get rich off the dumbasses who due to their own negligence or stupidity hurt themselves. I think companies should put one of these on top of their warning label "If you are dumbass or greedy lawyer then please read this blatantly obvious warning label." or this "In order to protect ourselves from lawyers and stupid dumb asses we have to put the following warning on our product". I would pay a few extra cents for peanut butter, box or razors or some other product just to see that on the package or device.

isityours

People don't dance no mo'
Sep 27, 2008
Stupid product warning labels

one of my favourites:

"may contain traces of nuts"

on a snickers bar sure.....but on a jar of jam? what is that? a guess?

slightly off-topic but there are some good ones here

some speak to fucked up customers:

"Do not use in shower." -- On a hair dryer.
"Do not use while sleeping or unconscious." -- On a hand-held massaging device.
"Not intended for highway use." -- On a 13-inch wheel on a wheelbarrow.
"Do not use for drying pets." -- In the manual for a microwave oven.

some speak to fucked up companies:

"Do not use near fire, flame, or sparks." -- On an "Aim-n-Flame" fireplace lighter.
"Caution: Shoots rubber bands." -- On a product called "Rubber Band Shooter."
"Warning: May contain small parts." -- On a frisbee.
"Do not recharge, put in backwards, or use." -- On a battery.

some are just fucked up:

"This product is not to be used in bathrooms." -- On a Holmes bathroom heater.
"May irritate eyes." -- On a can of self-defense pepper spray.
"Please keep out of children." -- On a butcher knife.
"Not suitable for children aged 36 months or less." -- On a birthday card for a 1 year old.
"For use by trained personnel only." -- On a can of air freshener.
"Caution: Remove infant before folding for storage." -- On a portable stroller.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Trolls

ane-san

snow queen
Sep 25, 2008
what pisses me off?the fact that I`m using my precious nerves on people who don`t deserve it at all..

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008

The Prisoner

Number Six
Mar 3, 2008
Finding a bacon bit lodged in my navel that has completely changed color. :vomit:

EzikialRage

Nov 20, 2008
American tv shows using metric pisses me off. In the US we use standard measurements. We used miles,yards,feet and inches instead of kilometers,meters and centimeters. I realize that most countries use metric. However most of the countries in the world are not as powerful as the US and standard measurements work for us so why fix what isn't broken. So I do not give a damn if the US is one of the only few countries that uses standard, we do not need to be like everyone else. I wouldn't go to a country that drives on the left side of the road and start driving on the right side, nor would I go to a country that uses specific honorifics and start using English speaking honorifics.

isityours

People don't dance no mo'
Sep 27, 2008
it is a source of confusion for me as my grandparents generation use imperial and my parents generation onward use metric. when i worked as a pattermaker my boss (an elderly guy) gave me all the measurements in imperial. i hate that there are 2 systems.
i still have no idea what fahrenheit relates to in celcius...

i didnt realise that power had anything to with it. your analogies were very descriptive but the problem lies in common ground. two people of different languages would get nowhere just speaking their own language. maybe we need a new way of expressing measurement. just look at how quickly esperanto caught on.

feverish8

feverish
Sep 11, 2007
Totally Pissed

When a man walks in on what starts out to be a great lesbian scene.

:notagain:

EzikialRage

Nov 20, 2008
Relatives who have to be all doom and gloom about a relative in the hospital when a prognoses hasn't even been made yet. The way I look at is let the doctors be the ones to say whether or not that person can or can't make it, not relatives with no back ground in medicine what so ever who have not even heard the prognoses yet. I would like to have some hope that the prognoses will be good and not have a relative trying to squash that hope.At least wait until full diagnosis have been made and a doctor delivers his prognosis before you go around saying that person isn't going to make or that person is going to die or that the situation is extremely dire.