Rapidshare-ing

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

balookoo

Oct 7, 2008
Hi all.

I am a super duper noob here, but I want to share loads of "movies" (if you get what I mean).

How does an idiot like me upload stuff from my computer to share with you all in this place? If someone could be kind enough, I will open up my dam and let the good stuff flow. =)

I apologise if I am asking a repeated question to you seasoned players.

Regards,
Balookoo.

kbryc08

Master Cheef
Super Moderator
Nov 17, 2006
You can create torrents, use this link for a tutorial.

You can also upload to filesharing sites such as megaupload, sendspace, rapidshare, etc. The most popular filesharing services seem to be rapidshare and megaupload.

There are file size limitations when uploading to filesharing sites so use a splitter like HJsplit to break up big files into more manageable pieces.

HJsplit also combines files and if ya plan to download stuff here, chances are you'll run into files that end with .001, .002, .003, etc and you use hjsplit to combine those files.

Hope that covers it!

balookoo

Oct 7, 2008
You can create torrents, use this link for a tutorial.

You can also upload to filesharing sites such as megaupload, sendspace, rapidshare, etc. The most popular filesharing services seem to be rapidshare and megaupload.

There are file size limitations when uploading to filesharing sites so use a splitter like HJsplit to break up big files into more manageable pieces.

HJsplit also combines files and if ya plan to download stuff here, chances are you'll run into files that end with .001, .002, .003, etc and you use hjsplit to combine those files.

Hope that covers it!

Thanks mate. I am presently experimenting on the rapidshare thingy. I .rar the files first, then HjSplit them, and now, I am uploading the files 1 by 1 in Rapidshare. But it sure is long uploading per file. Around 2 to 3 hours. So 1 movie takes around 15 hours. Hope I am doing it right, if not, loads of time wasted on it. =)

Thanks for your guidance.

Regards.

desioner

Sustaining L.I.F.E.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 22, 2006
I wouldn't recommend HJsplitting a rar archive. Because rar is such a good archive format you're better off just having rar split the archives as it creates them. Having to join a rar archive and then unarchive it is a pain in the ass.
desioner

balookoo

Oct 7, 2008
Thank you very much.

I've recently managed to upload 2 movies to test it here. All completed in Rapidshare. However, I have a super duper huge problem of getting the links to work.

http://www.akiba-online.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36770

Any suggestion(s) as to what I am doing wrong?

I want to share as many goodies as possible with the community here. But it sure looks like I am too noob to even embark on this simple task of getting things to work without having to turn to the Forum Mods for help.

I apologise for being such a pain in the arse mate(s).

SawLo

Sep 5, 2008
Those links work for me. If you want to make it easier to upload use the rapidshare tools. Download the manager. That works really well for me.

kbryc08

Master Cheef
Super Moderator
Nov 17, 2006
I don't think any of us have a problem helping someone who wants to contribute. :goodmood:
So with that being said make sure that you create your thread in the appropriate section, i.e. rapidshare links go in the Direct Download section (moved your thread to the appropriate section btw)

Congrats on your rapidshare post, looking forward to your contributions.

balookoo

Oct 7, 2008
I don't think any of us have a problem helping someone who wants to contribute. :goodmood:
So with that being said make sure that you create your thread in the appropriate section, i.e. rapidshare links go in the Direct Download section (moved your thread to the appropriate section btw)

Congrats on your rapidshare post, looking forward to your contributions.

Thank you. But 1 super duper silly question. My files seem to look rather different as compared to the pros.

Their's is something like "http://rapidshare.xxxxxxx.part1.rar", whereas mine is "http://rapidshare.xxxxxx.rar.001". That's the major obstacle for me, which is causing my already slow and heavily stressed brain to be dumber. Care to advise?

kbryc08

Master Cheef
Super Moderator
Nov 17, 2006
That's because you're using winrar then splitting with hjsplit. What you're seeing is people using just winrar to split the files up. Winrar lets you split up files like hjsplit and the extension will be part1.rar, part2.rar, etc.

ssb82

Feb 13, 2008
Thank you. But 1 super duper silly question. My files seem to look rather different as compared to the pros.

Their's is something like "http://rapidshare.xxxxxxx.part1.rar", whereas mine is "http://rapidshare.xxxxxx.rar.001". That's the major obstacle for me, which is causing my already slow and heavily stressed brain to be dumber. Care to advise?

That is because they just use Winrar to split their files.
Whereas, you use Winrar to compress your file first then you use HJsplit to split it.
You see the difference? They only took 1 step to split it but you took 2 steps.

Just use Winrar to split it will do. There is no need to take the extra step to compress it first then split it with another program.
There should be an option for you to split your file into volumes in Winrar when you want to create an rar file.:bingo:

kbryc08

Master Cheef
Super Moderator
Nov 17, 2006
Yea, I'd suggest one of two options.

1. If you want to rar a file then use winrar to do everything.
2. Skip winrar and just split the file.

balookoo

Oct 7, 2008
That is because they just use Winrar to split their files.
Whereas, you use Winrar to compress your file first then you use HJsplit to split it.
You see the difference? They only took 1 step to split it but you took 2 steps.

Just use Winrar to split it will do. There is no need to take the extra step to compress it first then split it with another program.
There should be an option for you to split your file into volumes in Winrar when you want to create an rar file.:bingo:

Winrar can do that? Dang. When I right click, it doesn't show. See the attachment. Am I using a wrong version of Winrar? If so, which one should I download? Where is a good site? Mine is v3.71.

And correct me if I am wrong (chances are, I am wrong), I can choose the number of bytes per file after splitting? Reason being that I cannot upload more than 200Mb per file over at Rapidshare.

I really salute you chaps for the patience in handling cavemen like me.

Ta mates. Looking forward to some enlightenment from you.
:defeat:

balookoo

Oct 7, 2008
Oh crap. Ok. I've managed to find out how to do the splitting using Winrar already. Sorry sorry. Caveman coming out of the hole in the hill. =)