Please post all forum bugs here

Electromog

Akiba Citizen
Dec 7, 2009
Not sure whether this is a bug, a change because of new software or some issue with my setup, but on the old forums if I hovered my mouse pointer over the Alerts it would show a popup with all the new alerts, but this no longer works for me. I actually have to click on it to see my alerts.

C00Lzero

Administrator
Conqueror
Aug 14, 2010
Excuse me.
Can't I always enable Toggle Width?
It is inconvenient because you have to press Toggle Width every time you change the page.
Thank you.
after you clicked on the button it will save your changes. Just wait until the load-bar (on the top) vanishes. That's it.

Not sure whether this is a bug, a change because of new software or some issue with my setup, but on the old forums if I hovered my mouse pointer over the Alerts it would show a popup with all the new alerts, but this no longer works for me. I actually have to click on it to see my alerts.
uh~ i'll take a look. Could be the new default-behaviour of xenforo2 (also i'm not sure if it's worth trying to recreate the mouse-hover action)

Reactions: granatnik

granatnik

Akiba Citizen
Sep 19, 2012
@styner7; a guess, in case you have opened multiple tabs before toggling width: these pages will use old settings before reloading; resetting switch on each of them might lead to undefined results, so do this once and then start opening tabs.

yamadakun5577

Sep 1, 2018
Hello everybody!

I currently have 2 quarrels with the new design:

1. Is it possible to re-introduce the "sort by thread creation time"-option? Currently, everything's all over the place. Using "last message time" does not have the same effect, sadly.

2. Is there a way to change the look of "read" threads? I liked the blue color of clicked threads in the past version. Could use it as a marking to where I left off last time (together with "sort by thread creation time").

Are these features missing? Yet to come?

Last edited:

C00Lzero

Administrator
Conqueror
Aug 14, 2010
I tried searching "IPVR" from the top right of the page. This used to show some results.

Edit: I think newer posts are showing but older posts aren't.
fixed!

search function should now be up2date withe the forum.
not really sure what exactly happened to the rebuild-process.

granatnik

Akiba Citizen
Sep 19, 2012
Another thing I have noticed to happen several times already - I have a notification, that someone has liked my post, yet when I look at that post, I see nothing. Post #4229385 above is an example - was it liked or not?

khanhav

Akiba Citizen
Jul 18, 2017
Hi C00Lzero!
Can you adjust the post time between two new threads to about 30s ? Currently it's 180s!
Thank you so much!

magg0t

Sep 24, 2016
Prior to the site hosting migration, when a new thread was posted or an old thread was updated, the link to that thread would be orange if unread by the user, while a read thread would be blue.

The new site simply has bold black color links for unread, while read ones are plain black.

Is it possible to bring back the different colored links feature? I feel it would make it much easier while browsing the site.

Thank you.

C00Lzero

Administrator
Conqueror
Aug 14, 2010
Prior to the site hosting migration, when a new thread was posted or an old thread was updated, the link to that thread would be orange if unread by the user, while a read thread would be blue.

The new site simply has bold black color links for unread, while read ones are plain black.

Is it possible to bring back the different colored links feature? I feel it would make it much easier while browsing the site.

Thank you.
you want to have a "I have visited this thread already" color. Do I understand this the right way?
unread threads get a (at the moment) green NEW banner as well as a light yellow background

magg0t

Sep 24, 2016
you want to have a "I have visited this thread already" color. Do I understand this the right way?
unread threads get a (at the moment) green NEW banner as well as a light yellow background
Yes, that is what I wanted, or rather what I wanted was an indication "This thread has had new posts, and I have not seen them". The implementation of the green "NEW" banner and the light yellow background suits this purpose quite well. Thank you.

McHunter

Dec 13, 2006
The link in the Torrent section to the U15 Idol Torrents does not work.

yamadakun5577

Sep 1, 2018
Is there a way to enlarge the preview images of threads? For example in the DDL JAV forum. In the old design, if I hovered over them with my mouse they would enlarge slightly. Plus, now the side appear to be cut off in the preview leading to smaller images.

C00Lzero

Administrator
Conqueror
Aug 14, 2010
The link in the Torrent section to the U15 Idol Torrents does not work.
fixed.
Thanks.

Is there a way to enlarge the preview images of threads? For example in the DDL JAV forum. In the old design, if I hovered over them with my mouse they would enlarge slightly. Plus, now the side appear to be cut off in the preview leading to smaller images.
it's still a thing i need to do:
https://www.akiba-online.com/thread...e-as-well-as-server-move.2000174/post-4227636
but i will add it again, as soon as i got some time.

magg0t

Sep 24, 2016
I have 2 issues that I'm facing now.

1. My alerts/notification icon does not automatically update like it used to. When I used to get an alert/notification, the icon would dynamically update and show me the number. It was all fine when the site first migrated, but since yesterday I have to manually refresh the page to see if I have any new alerts/notifications.

2. This is a minor one, but when I collapse the sticky threads, it stays collapsed through a few page refreshes, but after a while it will uncollapse. Is it possible to make the toggle permanent until the user chooses to reverse it?

magg0t

Sep 24, 2016
Additional question, is it possible to have the alerts menu dropdown be automatic instead of having to manually click it before it shows? I.e. is it possible to bring back the mouseover dropdown instead of having a click to dropdown?

C00Lzero

Administrator
Conqueror
Aug 14, 2010
I have 2 issues that I'm facing now.

1. My alerts/notification icon does not automatically update like it used to. When I used to get an alert/notification, the icon would dynamically update and show me the number. It was all fine when the site first migrated, but since yesterday I have to manually refresh the page to see if I have any new alerts/notifications.
mhm. it should actually update itself; but you are right. It somehow is not working at the moment... i'm going to take a look into this.
2. This is a minor one, but when I collapse the sticky threads, it stays collapsed through a few page refreshes, but after a while it will uncollapse. Is it possible to make the toggle permanent until the user chooses to reverse it?
toogle-states are stroed in your session-cookie locally.
I can also save it in the session-data on the server, but this will be wiped after 4 hours (or so)

Additional question, is it possible to have the alerts menu dropdown be automatic instead of having to manually click it before it shows? I.e. is it possible to bring back the mouseover dropdown instead of having a click to dropdown?
this was asked already. There is an add-on which i will install later on
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/uw-dropdown-hover-menu.7709/

granatnik

Akiba Citizen
Sep 19, 2012