Please post all forum bugs here

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

krkiva

Jan 24, 2009
I cannot search with Japanese term, always got this message
500 - Internal server error.
There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

Mar 28, 2008
Is there like some kind of timer on posts before u can find them in the search function?

I search for SNIS-138 and it comes back saying there are no results matching this.

But there should be some results.

http://www.akiba-online.com/showthread.php?t=1328464&p=2560585#post2560585

Thats the post for SNIS-138

So, is there a timer for when stuff starts showing up in the search or can people exempt their posts from being added to searches??

Or is this a bug .___.

EDIT: It seems to be that all the posts by the user walkins dont show up in search.
Is this on purpose :under:

EDIT EDIT: Some older ones do, tried something posted on the 9th and did it show up. IM CONFUSED

help :cry5:

Last edited by a moderator:

iwillbeban

Nov 27, 2010
I don't really mind it if I get the usual errors in loading a page, but this message:

Screenshot_2014-04-22-14-33-11~01.png

appears a lot of times lately. The page returns after a couple of "refreshes" but it's getting a bit annoying. Is there a big problem I should be concerned of? Or is this problem just "local" to a few users?

I hope I posted this on the correct thread.

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
chompy wrote in the Akiba IRC chat just a minute before that there was a problem with the cache. He disabled it. Now everything should working again, but maybe more slowly than before.

Reactions: 1 person

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
before anybody tells us about the characters, I hope they will be sorted very soon

Reactions: 2 people

quid2424

Dec 5, 2009
looks like a database restore was done with the wrong collation/character set on the original dump or on the restore.... that's why there is missing posts and jumbled UTF-8

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
Yes all posts made before the last forum crash of yesterday, have the japanese kanjis replaced with '????????'

Actually it's all special characters, not only the kanjis. Doesn't look very cool. :dizzy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 3 people

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
we are waiting to see if we can restore all the characters, and if we can, we may be able to restore back to the last back up (we are looking into this as a last resort, last one was done about 36 hours ago) but please give us 24 hours to try and sort something, before we will mass edit, you will not be able to change/edit thread titles, but you can do the main body of the post, as there are so few mods please do not report the ???????, we cannot do them all at once, and it will take a lot of time, that is why we will be leaving it 24 hours to look at the options on offer for us,

subscribe to this thread for updates

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
we are waiting to see if we can restore all the characters, and if we can, we may be able to restore back to the last back up (we are looking into this as a last resort, last one was done about 36 hours ago) but please give us 24 hours to try and sort something, before we will mass edit, you will not be able to change/edit thread titles, but you can do the main body of the post, as there are so few mods please do not report the ???????, we cannot do them all at once, and it will take a lot of time, that is why we will be leaving it 24 hours to look at the options on offer for us,

subscribe to this thread for updates

Please, take your time. I don't mind even to wait a little bit longer than 24 hours if it get fixed because it is really annoying.

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
we know about the characters problem, and we are thinking about the problem, but we will try it when the traffic flow slows down

sorry for all your problems

Mar 28, 2008
Yeah, not only that, the search function or any kind of search results is kinda wonky right now. But with due time everything goes back to normal. Been seeing akiba down a couple of times this past week. Guess it something to do with the server. ;__;

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
Yeah, not only that, the search function or any kind of search results is kinda wonky right now. But with due time everything goes back to normal. Been seeing akiba down a couple of times this past week. Guess it something to do with the server. ;__;

yes it is being looked into

Reactions: 3 people