Please post all forum bugs here

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

ezepietro

(。◕‿◕。)
Sep 7, 2008
I'm getting this error when uploading rar/zip

500 - Internal server error.

There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
Yea i know but mine was few weeks ago which still buggy, anyway good to see it works fine but still some time when i clicked submit new thread it still giving no respond, same goes to search function.
As for just now i getting another error when i visit forum.
Server Error
500 - Internal server error.
There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.
Please take a look on above issue.
Thanks.

I also got an "500 - Internal server error." error when I clicked on a result entry of a search. Maybe user get this when the server is under heavy load. But this is just a guess because AO was very slow when that happened.

I have 2 bugs:
  • Mail notification - It works only very sporadically. Most of the time I don't get any mail notification - no mail notifications about new posts in thread I've subscribed to as well as daily notification about the sub-forums I've subscribed to.
  • Mark as read - When I go into a sub-forum which is marked as having new threads / post and open all of them and then go back to the sub-forum overview the sub-forum is still shown as having new threads / posts. If I enter the sub-forum again and go back to the overview it's finally marked as having no new threads / posts.
    Maybe I should add that when I'm writing "sub-forum overview" I mean the overview of sub-forums which I have subscribed to ( http://www.akiba-online.com/usercp.php ).

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
Okay, 2 additional remarks:
  • The second point applies also to the normal forum overview ( http://www.akiba-online.com/forum.php ).
  • And there is another things about the "Mark as read" flag: If I create a thread or submit a post to an existing thread that sub-forum is also marked as unread - also it was marked as unread before and I was the only one posting in that sub-forum. If I enter the sub-forum all threads are marked as read. If I go back the sub-forums overview the sub-forum is marked as read.

gokkunfan

Jan 14, 2010
Major problem I am having is that the Search function does not work. It just hangs endlessly, never producing search results, never changing pages.

edit: problem still persisting. typing words into search box up at top right corner, then clicking the search button does not work.

I hope the forum can get back to the way it was running in the past.

Last edited by a moderator:

ezepietro

(。◕‿◕。)
Sep 7, 2008
I have a problem when attaching to many files, cant select or see my files from the attachment list when i press ▼

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

there is a white box that increase his size when i add more and more attachments

Reactions: 1 person

JPK

Jan 4, 2012
also having search issues, whenever i switch to Japanese keyboard (enter in japanese characters), it will return with zero search results. this has been happening to me since the website has been back up.

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
also having search issues, whenever i switch to Japanese keyboard (enter in japanese characters), it will return with zero search results. this has been happening to me since the website has been back up.

yes, it is a vbulletin fault, tags do work if people use them, some members do tag there posts, so please try that for the time being, I hope you will find what you are looking for

banfoosh

Forever horny !
Dec 27, 2012
Tried to upload an avatar but it keeps saying file invalid or failed upload even though image is within size limits.

Escondida

Jun 30, 2012
Weekly Update Subscriptions Broken?

I created two forum subscriptions with updates to be emailed weekly. So far I've received nothing. As an experiment, I re-created the subscriptions with updates to be emailed daily. This worked.

Before the recent outage, weekly updates worked for me. Are they broken now?

Update: Appears to be working now. Thanks! 10-29-2013

oooiooo

Dec 5, 2009
I got an "500 - Internal server error." error when I clicked on a result entry of a search ,ex:
Thread "Giga Superhero Collection (NO REQUESTS PLEASE)". My default thread display mode is hybrid mode , and i switch to threaded mode to view. It also got an "500 - Internal server error.". I change to linear mode finally, and it work ok. Why?

Please take a look on below links
Thanks.

hybrid mode "Giga Superhero Collection (NO REQUESTS PLEASE)"
threaded mode "Giga Superhero Collection (NO REQUESTS PLEASE)"
linear mode "Giga Superhero Collection (NO REQUESTS PLEASE)"

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
I got an "500 - Internal server error." error when I clicked on a result entry of a search ,ex:
Thread "Giga Superhero Collection (NO REQUESTS PLEASE)". My default thread display mode is hybrid mode , and i switch to threaded mode to view. It also got an "500 - Internal server error.". I change to linear mode finally, and it work ok. Why?

Please take a look on below links
Thanks.

hybrid mode "Giga Superhero Collection (NO REQUESTS PLEASE)"
threaded mode "Giga Superhero Collection (NO REQUESTS PLEASE)"
linear mode "Giga Superhero Collection (NO REQUESTS PLEASE)"

looking in to it, not sure how much can be done though

spikier

JAPAN:みんなのあい
Nov 13, 2008
i cant send messages. i get this message when i try: "You have reached your stored private message quota and cannot send any further messages until space has been created."

my pm box is not full!

Reactions: 2 people

ezepietro

(。◕‿◕。)
Sep 7, 2008
i cant send messages. i get this message when i try: "You have reached your stored private message quota and cannot send any further messages until space has been created."

my pm box is not full!

perhaps your "sent items" folder is full, if it is, delete some messages, or uncheck
the "Save a copy of this message in your Sent Items folder" when you want reply or sent new pms

or use your another account ;)

Reactions: 3 people

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007

my pm box is not full!

no his PM box is not full (I did check as well), as usual I have no idea why, but passed it on to Chompy

hopefully it will be rectified soon

Reactions: 2 people

spikier

JAPAN:みんなのあい
Nov 13, 2008
thanks, great mod, kevin ^__^.

@ezepietro it didn't work. but thanks anyway.

funny thing is that its not the first time i have had problems, lol; i couldn't sign in once too. idol fun had to fix it by changing my user name; which is why my name is spikier instead of ’スパイキー’. and before it was fixed, i created another account because i wasn't sure if i would ever get back into my old account. so, now i have 2 accounts.

Reactions: 3 people

bpx

Sep 19, 2009
So I've noticed this ever since the forum was turned into a zombie (not dead anymore but far from really good like it was) and every time I log in it tells me "invalid redirect URL" which obviously is no major issue but I just wanted to point it out in case for some reason I was the only one.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
I only get that when I have javascript disabled for akiba-onlne, which I do by default. Just browse to the forum and activate javascript afterwards as needed. The invalid redirect is a javascript error only.

bpx

Sep 19, 2009
I just checked and even with JavaScript enabled I get that error so I doubt it's related to that. But as it seems this isn't a common issue so properly just some optimization issue regarding different browsers or whatever. As I said, not really important. Just something I noticed.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
No, it is related to a javascript redirect. Allow javascript for Akiba-Online and then logout. Then login again in another tab and see if that does not clear it up. It is possible your borwser settings are somehow blocking the redirect (mine does) but I get a notice that it is. It could also be in your Noscript settings as it will block some redirects by default even with script allowed if you tell it to.