Please post all forum bugs here

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
It was a bit heavy handed to delete the entire thread, rather than just the posts that did not meet the requirements as there was a lot of valuable contribution that did not abuse the requirements

I gave up after 5 pages, and out of those five pages, 80% was wrong

granatnik

Akiba Citizen
Sep 19, 2012
Recent downtime has lingering effects - several image attachments don't load, connection is quickly jumping between "looking up" and "waiting", a weird behavior, looks like they are stored on a separate server that does not accept incoming requests.

C00Lzero

Administrator
Conqueror
Aug 14, 2010
mhm. perhaps some DNS mismatch?

I've tried all servers and they do answer.
if you are hitting one of the asia servers akiba could be quite slow (if not really slow) since the routing from EU to Asia is quite bad.
but we do not block any IPs etc. :/

granatnik

Akiba Citizen
Sep 19, 2012
I had a style/CSS failure after @jobjill has posted, but it's already recovered.

Is server infected with gremlins

Edit: an update - basic refresh triggers the error, full refresh resolves.

Electromog

Akiba Citizen
Dec 7, 2009
I get no such error, so it must be a local issue.

PJB

Apr 12, 2007
Problem persists here. All browsers, all connection types. But seems to go away after a few mins.

granatnik

Akiba Citizen
Sep 19, 2012
Another persistent problem - image loading can be interrupted (files load only partially, force reloading does not always fix immediately).

colweb

Jade Collector
Uploader
Sep 2, 2010
Most of the time the site looks like this for me:

IcUMSK7.png

Looks like that in an older version of Firefox and in Edge. Looks OK in the latest Firefox and Chrome.

whitepantylover

Oct 20, 2013
I can confirm the forum is looking broken for me too - and across multiple browsers - Firefox, Palemoon and Chrome. It has been like this for more than a week.

A link to the CSS as posted above also returns a 502 Bad Gateway.

Electromog

Akiba Citizen
Dec 7, 2009
For a bit it looked like that for me in Chrome and then it went back to normal. It looks to me like one of the servers is acting up and it works again once it connects you to another.

granatnik

Akiba Citizen
Sep 19, 2012
That's it - I can't force CSS to reload at all. >10 attempts and is still not available. One of the servers HAS to be dead, but load balancer thinks that it is available.

Edit: please change at least how alerts are displayed without style available, as there is nothing, I can't differentiate new from old.

Last edited:

C00Lzero

Administrator
Conqueror
Aug 14, 2010
I'm so sorry guys.

a typo in the css-replacement forced this error :/
(and of course i didn't see this at my site, because I still had them cached.

It should now be resolved - at least according to the webpagetest.

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
I'm so sorry guys.

a typo in the css-replacement forced this error :/
(and of course i didn't see this at my site, because I still had them cached.

It should now be resolved - at least according to the webpagetest.
I've fallen victim to typos that have had me scratching my head as to the issue plenty of times. Thank you so much!

Reactions: CoolKevin