not sure why i get this all time 503 Service Unavailable (1371607114)

jjjjeczalik

Where are you, Miho =(
Mar 9, 2009
Also, if I may add:

If I type just "akiba-online.com", I get the red screen.

But if I start with "akiba-online.com/forum/main.php", then there is no red screen. (Also, I don't clear the akiba cookie.)

That might help one or two of you.

SirMoMo

先生桃
Former Staff
Jan 20, 2009
Okay so today I tried to login at 09:00 am GMT+1 and for some reason it took me nearly 12 minutes to get in. This baffles me because it normally only happens around 04:00-05:00pm GMT+1. I can understand that alot of Japanese people try to connect at 04:00pm GMT+1 but not at 09:00am GMT+1 I say this mainly because this has never happened to me at this time, and I really do hope this is not going to be a 24/7 issue.

JavjavJAV

p0rnMeNow
Jul 8, 2010
Okay so today I tried to login at 09:00 am GMT+1 and for some reason it took me nearly 12 minutes to get in. This baffles me because it normally only happens around 04:00-05:00pm GMT+1. I can understand that alot of Japanese people try to connect at 04:00pm GMT+1 but not at 09:00am GMT+1 I say this mainly because this has never happened to me at this time, and I really do hope this is not going to be a 24/7 issue.

probably thats the time all spammers works

sometimes I must wait for any spammer to stop posting their old release spams before posting my topic, especially on room 203 as one spammer could posting more than 15 post on that time xD

SirMoMo

先生桃
Former Staff
Jan 20, 2009
Yeah spammers are a big issue recently, and not only here. On many more forums they are active and 8 out of 10 of those spammers are bots, and it's a major pain in the arse to get rid of them. When you ban them, they come back twice as hard.

SirMoMo

先生桃
Former Staff
Jan 20, 2009
Yeah it's obvious, most spammers/botters have the same ip range as well, that says more than enough. So I think we can safely say that the recent red screen occurances at Akiba are for 70% the cause of the spammers, well then lets hope they're going to take a break soon :pandalaugh:

JavjavJAV

p0rnMeNow
Jul 8, 2010
I do remember when one filehosting are hard to upload (having trouble to upload by ftp and remote upload)
A-O suddenly so quiet esspecially in direct download, I can browse and post easily :joker:
might be I'm the only one poster that using that filehosting that day

few hours after my post in room 203 I still can see my post still at page one (usually will be buried at page 3 :scared:

SirMoMo

先生桃
Former Staff
Jan 20, 2009
Even Super Mod Can't keep the site from getting spam, wtf? down grade that title.

Dude, you have no idea how much work it is to keep a forum clean of spammers....
With a forum the size of Akiba you need a small regiment of mods to keep control of the spamnobs.

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
Even Super Mod Can't keep the site from getting spam, wtf? down grade that title.

1 post already...

...and no clue what´s going on in this forum every day!

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
yesterday´s amount counted for a year is about 906,000 threads / posts per year...

so we are close to a million...

Milligram

Oct 2, 2007
I've had the problem with the 503 error since the site got back up from the big crash in late spring.

It's so bad at the moment that I can't access the site some days, for example this Sunday I just gave up. I live in Europe and have good connection speed, I'm using Chrome with only a few extensions activated (none of which I think should affect this).

Also before I only had the problem when I entered "akiba-online.com" and waited for the redirect to the front page. Now it's the same when I've entered the username and password.

Anyway thanks for all the hard work in keeping the site online, I'm sure this will be solved as well in the end.

SirMoMo

先生桃
Former Staff
Jan 20, 2009
Uggh, I'm having difficulties navigating the forums on more than just 1 specific time of the day, can't even properly moderate stuff when needed :notagain:

It even took me about 13 mins to post this message...and that was around 9:30am CET

Another odd thing is that it's not constant, 20 minutes ago it was utterly shite, and now 20 minutes later navigating goes smooth. I really can't figure out any logical explanation for this, especially because it seems so random.

JavjavJAV

p0rnMeNow
Jul 8, 2010
Uggh, I'm having difficulties navigating the forums on more than just 1 specific time of the day, can't even properly moderate stuff when needed :notagain:

It even took me about 13 mins to post this message...and that was around 9:30am CET

Another odd thing is that it's not constant, 20 minutes ago it was utterly shite, and now 20 minutes later navigating goes smooth. I really can't figure out any logical explanation for this, especially because it seems so random.

yes same here
some times it took few minutes for loading (browse/post)
and then suddenly the site working so smooth

SirMoMo

先生桃
Former Staff
Jan 20, 2009
I can't say I'm feeling any difference but it does tend to navigate quicker when it works smooth, although I cannot judge for the peak hours since I've been avoiding them. But I'll give them a shot as well, and let you know here.

*added info*

Well I've been browsing around de forums for the last 30-40 mins and I've been getting a couple of times the red "502 Bad Gateway" screen, abit different from the 503 screen.(9:45am CET)

*added info*