'Members List' not working.

rubiks6

No more JI - Retired from AO
Apr 2, 2008
___ :warning: ___

For some reason, I keep getting "504 Gateway Time-out" when I click the 'Members List' menu item at the top of the page. However, the rest of Akiba seems to be working fine.

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
today was Akiba-Online´s hardest day ever, the counter switched to 5,250 users active at the same time, a peak we´ve never reached before, that´s nearly twice as much as we had before the last server upgrade, so the gateway time-out just was caused by that heavy traffic load, I´ve seen it even twice myself today, but that´s nothing to worry about, it normally only can happen at late afternoon and evening until midnight in Japan. Even the best server configuration may have problem with that amount of users at the same time, perhaps our admins even can tweak it still some more...

rubiks6

No more JI - Retired from AO
Apr 2, 2008
next day ... still getting 504 ...

Wow, that's a lot of users. I'm glad to see the server is working so well, but ...

I'm not so sure the problem is server load, because then I would be getting random 504's, which I'm not. The problem seems to be isolated to only the members list page. Something is going on with that specific page. Are you able to pull that page up ?

bpx

Sep 19, 2009
Possible that it was deactivated to decrease the load of the servers a bit. If not then it's simply not available due to the already mentioned overload of the servers at times. Deactivating such list might even help decrease the server load a bit. However...a good server with a good load-balancer should normally deal with this amount of users without problems.