Is it too slow?

zlatan

Sep 27, 2009
Is there a problem with akiba-online connection? Pages are opening too slow in browser, even get "504 Gateway Time-out" error.

Sometimes the page is opened but I can not see the pictures.

I have this problem in most website these days, but akiba-online is the worst :scared:

licherpus

Oct 12, 2009
Is there a problem with akiba-online connection? Pages are opening too slow in browser, even get "504 Gateway Time-out" error.

Sometimes the page is opened but I can not see the pictures.

I have this problem in most website these days, but akiba-online is the worst :scared:

So much so that this is my 4th attempt to post this reply.

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
When the number of connected users reaches a value close to 5000, the server starts to get overloaded and produces many timeout errors. This happens more and more often around the japanese evening time (12h-18h GMT) as we are very popular there.

We are trying to find solutions to overcome this problem, hopefully we will get a server upgrade soon. :why:

f012

Oct 10, 2009
I have opinion

Set keep-alive timeout to lower ( ex . 2 ).
And Set max-connections per clients to lower ( ex . 2)

This is a solution generally.
If Stuff did so already,Please Forget it.
Thank you.

--
And for example,
2ch uses cussion link page to another site for reduce server connection.

link click -> cussion page -> another page.

sureal

Sep 22, 2009
Maybe limit the number of guest connections? Right now it's about 3 guests to one member.

Mar 27, 2008
Maybe limit the number of guest connections? Right now it's about 3 guests to one member.

Problem with that is that it is our Japanese guests who do a lot of the long-term seeding of torrents. Not wanting to upset them I just avoid their popular evening times, pretty much the only time when the site slows to a crawl.