Preview images missing in Firefox

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

rainman

Apr 30, 2007
Hi,
I'm not sure if anyone has been facing this but until recently a lot of the preview images in Akiba-online seems to go missing when using FireFox (v3.0.10) for whatever reason. If I open the same link in another browser, it appears correctly.

I wonder if anyone has the same problem?

I was using NoScript v1.9.3.3 but I've disabled it without any improvements.

Appreciate any suggestion, thanks!

guy

(;Θ_Θ)ゝ”
Feb 11, 2007
Preview images are generated via PHP scripts. While the page you're viewing might load, some of the PHP scripts that are called to load the preview images will fail because of the high server load (previously it was the FastCGI errors, now it's the 503 "Service Unavailable" errors) and your page won't be able to display the picture.

Rest assured it's not a problem with your browser or your extensions. It's just that when you load a single page, you're actually calling several dozen PHP scripts, and when the server is busy it just can't handle dozens of requests for every single active user. If you browse when AO is less busy you should have no problems loading all preview images.

rainman

Apr 30, 2007
guy... thanks

The weird thing though, it started happening on recently & this doesn't seem to be a problem with say IE8... or Safari.

So, not exactly sure if it's to do with congestion. I do get those fastCGI messages.

Anyway.. I'll give it a bit of time & see how it goes.

Thanks for the advice.

Iloveidols

Jun 3, 2007
Attachments not loading

I'm using Firefox 3.0.10 and I've noticed this recently.
I get the text link but not the image.
But a single click on the image text link and the image shows up.

rainman

Apr 30, 2007
Hi... i think I've discovered what happened here.

It's actually a setting in Firefox, under Tools - Options - Content - Load Images Automatically Exceptions

I found that Akiba-online was listed there. I'm not sure how it got there but once I removed it, the problem seems to solved.

Hope this helps you as well.