Database error

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

handyman

Super Perv
Former Staff
Nov 16, 2006
This has happened quite a few times recently when trying to access the site.

Is it just my problem?

Database Error Database error
The database has encountered a problem.
Please try the following:

* Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
* Open the www.akiba-online.com home page, then try to open another page.
* Click the Back button to try another link.

The www.akiba-online.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

DarthXeven

Sithlord
Oct 25, 2007
had the same problem almost all day yesterday(database error)....also began to redirec me to clckm.com last night.:destroy: :Quote:
Database Error Database error
The database has encountered a problem.
Please try the following:

* Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
* Open the www.akiba-online.com home page, then try to open another page.
* Click the Back button to try another link.

The www.akiba-online.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

chompy

slacker
Staff member
Super Moderator
Emperor
Nov 7, 2006
DB errors happen in the following situations:

- When the site/server uses a buttload of traffic for a sustained period (the current - shitty - datacentre punishes bandwidth extreme usage by capping it) which then means that the server's input (requests) outnumber the tasks (producing pages) it can do, so it gets overloaded by tasks (buffer is set at 9000 requests at the moment) and kills the MySQL process until it gets bandwidth back

or

- when the datacentre's pipe goes down

it's basically a 50/50 on these.

This won't be a problem after the upgrade and move in january, but for now it's basically up to me to keep the errors down to a minimum. The current traffic alone (592 as I type this) is more than this crappy server can handle efficiently.

handyman

Super Perv
Former Staff
Nov 16, 2006
.......This won't be a problem after the upgrade and move in january, but for now it's basically up to me to keep the errors down to a minimum. The current traffic alone (592 as I type this) is more than this crappy server can handle efficiently.

Upgrade? Ooh exciting!

Well chompy, until then がんばれ! :hero:

BlackSheepXL

Bishop
Apr 2, 2007
Not to criticize the forum in any way (no reason for that - on the contrary) but I do hope this upgrade and move will not affect attachments and membership data...

chompy

slacker
Staff member
Super Moderator
Emperor
Nov 7, 2006
No intention of losing the forum database or attachments again. The forum now has a regular backup cycle (e.g. if the server exploded, right now, the forum could be restored with a backup from 2 days ago with all attachments and posts)