Can't show thanks!

vintage

Mar 10, 2010
Hello,
I am new to the forum,and I am curious about the Thanks button. When I worked my way through one of Montiman's threads,I would click thanks and the entire thanks area would disappear. I'll move to another page,but when I backtrack,the thanks area is there again but my name is not there. On a previous login I was at Kirkfister's thread and all seemed fine. I would hit thanks then my name would appear. It would seem best to keep the threads tidy by simply clicking,but I can't seem to show my appreciation. Please advise,thank you.

scorres

Hetero-sapien
Apr 12, 2009
I'm pretty sure refreshing (F5) will show your thanks when it delays. Does for me.
ssss

chompy

slacker
Staff member
Super Moderator
Emperor
Nov 7, 2006
A-O used a lot (and by a lot, I mean a lot) of caching. Pages or parts of pages aren't always refreshed in realtime between page loads. The idea is that users are unaware that the page they're viewing was actually generated 3 hours ago when someone else accessed it, but there's a lot going on and it's hard to iron out all the bugs.

Stuff like that should probably be visible right away, but then, it might not. Doesn't mean the thanks wasn't made.

And yea, even if there was no serverside caching, your browser cache doesn't necessarily/always remember javascript and ajax, so going back in your browser will just give you the page as it was when it first loaded.

vintage

Mar 10, 2010
Thanks All !

Thanks all, for all the replies. I had 92 thanks before I clicked you all and the same thing happened. Just know I'm always thanking,always seeding.