Thanks button doesn't work in Opera

scrantease

Beauty Pageant Judge
Mar 23, 2007
My clicks on the 'Thanks' button don't register when I use Opera 7.11 browser. They do work if I use Mozilla.

chompy

slacker
Staff member
Super Moderator
Emperor
Nov 7, 2006
Works for me (yuck. I can't stand opera)

Nipponosaurus Rex

Mayor of Loch Ness
Apr 4, 2007

scrantease

Beauty Pageant Judge
Mar 23, 2007
I use FF too for my daily surfing and stuff. But Opera still has the best bookmark system I think, and I need a second browser for my frivolous female image surfing. I usually leave have 30+ tabs open when I shut it off too, and Opera preserves those without even needing a plugin.

As for upgrading Opera, no thanks. It keeps getting clunkier. I wish I could easily downgrade to an earlier version in fact. But Web standards keep evolving, so that is unfeasible.

How do you guys get by using just one browser? I use four. (IE occasionally, and Kmeleon for quick starts - no saving tabs rule I enforce on myself.)

Maybe I should use Windows profiles instead?

Denamic

Swedish Meat
Staff member
Super Moderator
Former Staff
Dec 7, 2006
I don't need more browsers, since firefox does everything.
With a dual core and 4 gigs of ram, everything starts up fast for me, even firefox with 500 billion tabs.

handyman

Super Perv
Former Staff
Nov 16, 2006
I don't need more browsers, since firefox does everything.
With a dual core and 4 gigs of ram, everything starts up fast for me, even firefox with 500 billion tabs.

mmmm 4 gigs of ram.....

drooling_homer.gif

beatleboy

May 30, 2007
I use FF and still have login and thankyou problems + uploading can take up to 20 times before the thread will appear (usually goes to login page?) as I said in another thread probably just me poxy getting in the way but worth the effort:happy2: I usually have 10 pages open @ a time, running a crappy 2.8 P4 with 1gig of old slow ram on a self built system, you know how bad I am at using them just think what my comp looks like having put it together myself? I hope to get one that doesn't need winding evryday.......BB

Denamic

Swedish Meat
Staff member
Super Moderator
Former Staff
Dec 7, 2006
It sounds like connection problems, which might not even be on your side.
Our server provider sucks and throttles our connection, which causes server requests to build up faster than they can be sent.
Which in turn causes stalling and even database errors temporarily.

Also.. (big picture)
[hide]
Guts.jpg

<3[/hide]