Can't view my own post

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
Hello everyone, :hihi:

I experienced something very odd a few seconds ago: I posted in the thread [THREAD=502819]Saori Hara small mkvs and picture thread[/THREAD]. After posting I was redirected to the thread. The browser showed - as expected - the last page of the thread. But it didn't automatically scroll down to my post (means it didn't jump to the corresponding HTML a tag anchor). It simply showed the beginning of the page as if I would have manually went to that last page.

More odd: Even when I scroll down I can't see my post. If I look at the forum overview the forum displays that I posted successfully. If I click on that fast forward button I see in the address field that it tries to open the thread and my post. But then the it simply opens the last page without showing my post. And if I scroll down I also don't see it.

Seems to be a bug.

Reactions: 2 people

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
confirmed on my end, I can't locate your post either:
http://www.akiba-online.com/showthread.php?t=502819&p=2463464#post2463464

I do wish some posters would use the attachment option more though, Uk21 is just linking to outside image hosts and you have to wait for the url of each link to load to see the pix he posted. It would have loaded a lot quicker if he had just directly loaded the pictures to here.

Reactions: 2 people

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
I don't know for sure but I suspect Akiba-Onlines' techno-geeks are intermittent contributors and tweek the forum when they have the time. Bless their hearts. We members cannot be thankful enough for their efforts.

Reactions: 1 person

uk21

Saori Hara Alliance
Aug 4, 2009
confirmed on my end, I can't locate your post either:
http://www.akiba-online.com/showthread.php?t=502819&p=2463464#post2463464

I do wish some posters would use the attachment option more though, Uk21 is just linking to outside image hosts and you have to wait for the url of each link to load to see the pix he posted. It would have loaded a lot quicker if he had just directly loaded the pictures to here.

Hi Ceewan

Now I just want to point out, I always used to upload all the pictures for the Saori Hara small mkvs and picture thread to akiba. But all the pictures were lost when akiba moved to this new server, If you look on the first half of the thread you can see all the pictures have gone, Except for the opening post which I have fixed. So this is why I'm using a image host for the pictures now.

I hate using a image hoster and the inconvenience it may cause sometimes for slow loading of the pages of the thread, But I'm only doing this as a precautionary measure, As I don't want to lose all the pictures again if ever in the future akiba went offline (fingers crossed), So sorry to anyone who finds it a pain.:(

Regarding CodeGeeks post, (Thanks for the post btw) I too could not see his post until recently, So it must have been a bug. But like you say Akiba-Onlines techno-geeks have done their magic once more. So kudos to them and my thanks.:D

attachment.php

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Now I just want to point out, I always used to upload all the pictures for the Saori Hara small mkvs and picture thread to akiba. But all the pictures were lost when akiba moved to this new server, If you look on the first half of the thread you can see all the pictures have gone, Except for the opening post which I have fixed. So this is why I'm using a image host for the pictures now.

I hate using a image hoster and the inconvenience it may cause sometimes for slow loading of the pages of the thread, But I'm only doing this as a precautionary measure, As I don't want to lose all the pictures again if ever in the future akiba went offline (fingers crossed), So sorry to anyone who finds it a pain.:(

Hey uk21,

I remember you. I lost a lot of uploaded images to this site myself, you may or may not recall. However this site kept some of my images for five years, which is a good deal longer than your average image host. Now I admit, you chose a good one, picload.org is a great site as far as I can tell and I wish more posters that use outside imagehosts used that one. So try as I may, I cannot fault your choice. Still, if I can't host the images I wish to share here, I would just as soon not share any here at all. The ability to host your images here is one of the privledges of being a member and I have no intention of spurning that merely because Akiba-Onlines' last host betrayed us. I am sure chompy has taken measures to ensure such future catastrophes will be avoided.

uk21

Saori Hara Alliance
Aug 4, 2009
Hey uk21,

I remember you. I lost a lot of uploaded images to this site myself, you may or may not recall. However this site kept some of my images for five years, which is a good deal longer than your average image host. Now I admit, you chose a good one, picload.org is a great site as far as I can tell and I wish more posters that use outside imagehosts used that one. So try as I may, I cannot fault your choice. Still, if I can't host the images I wish to share here, I would just as soon not share any here at all. The ability to host your images here is one of the privledges of being a member and I have no intention of spurning that merely because Akiba-Onlines' last host betrayed us. I am sure chompy has taken measures to ensure such future catastrophes will be avoided.

Hi Ceewan

Now I'm glad sombody remembers me as I don't post much on akiba as I would like these days, Plus thanks for your thoughts regarding my choice of imagehost. But I get the feeling from your post, maybe you think I am a little ungrateful to Akiba in the fact I'm using a image hoster now and not uploading my pictures here?

I know I probably have my wires crossed, But I just like to say, I'm really grateful to chompy for this fantastic site and allowing me to open that little thread called the Saori Hara small mkvs and picture thread plus it's a real honor for me that the staff have made that thread a sticky thread!

Like I say I hate using a image hoster and the inconvenience it may cause, But I thought it was the best option for the thread, anyway sorry for going on Ceewan.

Well thanks for the feed back and more importantly thanks for all your great posts on akiba were you offer your advice to so many members, it's much appreciated.;)

attachment.php

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
No worries bro, it is an understatement that I can be a little argumentitive even when the matter should be dropped. A lot of posters now are using some nasty imagehosts and it has become a sore point with a many members here at AO. I understand where you are coming from and have no problem with you whatsoever.

Best Wishes,

Ceewan

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007