Threads auto-scrolling

TraumaDoc

Is THE man!
Nov 10, 2008
In the JAV Torrent section... though I'm sure it's a "feature" everywhere.

The issue is that when opening a post/thread, the opening thread automatically scrolls to the last post in that thread. This is very annoying, inconvenient, and a waste of time.

For example, as in a thread that may have attachments (such as screenshots of a video), they are at the top of the page, but since it auto-scrolls to the last post, thus the bottom of the page, you then have to spend time scrolling back up to the top.

Seems to me that this should be considered a bug, not a feature. In forums/threads where images are the main point of the thread, then this auto-scrolling is ridiculous.

Any way to change this?

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
Are you sure it is always like that? I know that it does that if you click on the orange / yellow dot in front of the thread. This will bring you to the first unread post (which is very useful and I don't want to miss that feature).
But does that also happen if you click on the thread title?

Reactions: CoolKevin

C00Lzero

Administrator
Conqueror
Aug 14, 2010
yes. when a thread isn't marked as already read, it will automatically set the link to the last unread post.
So yes, he will be automatically scrolled down. The only thing you can use, is the small up-button on the right side of your screen. It will bring you up to the page - but not to the first page, if it has multiple.
see here:
buttonup.JPG

Since this is a froum, you normally want to jump to the lastest unread post.
So there is no option to disable this on some subsections.

Reactions: CoolKevin