What's missing from this page ?

rubiks6

No more JI - Retired from AO
Apr 2, 2008
I'm using the "Blue" theme for Akiba. Most pages (but, not all) have been loading like the image attached, in the last few days. Is it simply that the server is overloaded, or is it something of greater concern ?

Also, buttons, like "Insert Link", "Insert Image", "Manage Attachments", [noparse][More][/noparse] (for smilies), are often non-functional. Same issue, I think. I had to re-load this "Post New Thread" page 3 times before the "Manage Attachments" button would work. Also, I've learned to always copy the contents of my new posts to my clipboard before hitting the "Submit" button, knowing that often-times the post gets lost in transit.

Please advise. Thank you.

Rollyco

Team Tomoe
Oct 4, 2007
When your browser loads a page on Akiba-Online, it actually makes dozens of separate sub-requests for .GIFs, .CSS stylesheets, .JS javascript, etc. When the site is overloaded (evening time in Japan), some of those sub-requests may not complete successfully. That screenshot is symptomatic of a .CSS stylesheet failing to load.

You just have to refresh page until the stylesheet request(s) go through and the page looks right. Try a hard refresh (Ctrl-F5 in Firefox) if normal refreshing doesn't work.

scorres

Hetero-sapien
Apr 12, 2009
He's so right!

That is a screen format I see often because my modem dies and resets every 10 minutes or so. If fit dies during a page transfer, that's the screen I get. During the downtime, around new years, I fired up some saved threads from here, (work offline), and they all looked like that. Try it! ssss

ezepietro

(。◕‿◕。)
Sep 7, 2008
off topic

Wow, there is my name!
it's weird to see a friend request from the "other side" :pandalaugh: