Access Problems - AM Hours (GMT, - 7 hrs)

Sakunyuusha

Jan 27, 2008
It sorta sucks having a curfew, but at the same time I couldn't pick a better time zone to be in, I guess, 'cause the problem only really occurs on the American eastern seaboard somewhere between the hours of wake-up time (lol) and get home from school/work time, i.e. it's only a majorly-noticeable issue on Saturdays and Sundays.

I would hate to be in China or Australia, though, and trying to visit this site. Yeowch. >_<

Rollyco

Team Tomoe
Oct 4, 2007
We've been conducting tests all week. Now that we know what's wrong, we can release some performance fixes. First one just went live today, so the site should feel snappier.

snakeboy

Former Staff
Sep 13, 2007
The site is unusable to me from around 3pm-3am each day (in GMT+7). Things actually start working again at what could be called "normal" around 4am mark. During blackout-time pages will just not load at all until they eventually time out. It's been this way for about the last 3 days...

Not sure what is worse "vBulletin Database error", 404, or eternal "loading" until timeout. :(

Has load increased dramatically recently? I don't recall it ever being this bad in the past. I guess it'd be even worse of all those trying to get on WERE actually getting on during peak. I've made my recommendations before, so I won't repeat myself. Good luck with it, and if I can help out with anything, you know where to find me. ;)

-snake

buttobi

Mar 29, 2007
For the last 20 hours or so everything goes smoothly and very fast.

Thanks to everyone that is concerned. :happy::bow-pray:

mahat2_pik

Mar 4, 2009
Ahhhhh....
I thought my connection is broken or something, try to reset many times but still, akiba won't open. or maybe akiba is closing for some reason, :eek:mg:
already giving up accessing (for a few days). and here I am checking again, and find that I'm not the only one with the problem.
yahaha :evillaugh:

handyman

Super Perv
Former Staff
Nov 16, 2006
mahat2_pik are you still experiencing problems?

The site should be running smoothly now. It's fine for me

daredemonai

Retiree
Mar 19, 2009
I'm accessing from Japan (usually in the morning and night, local time), but I haven't had any problems in the last 48 hours or so. It is definitely snappier. Kudos to Rollyco, Chompy et al! :bow-pray:

fr0stbyte

Former Staff
Apr 8, 2008
Haven't had any problems since the fix was implemented (as stated by Rollyco). Thanks be to the mods and admins!

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
mods are like a circus, they need a director, they are artists / acrobats with different talents, some are dompteurs, some just are the BEASTS. Grrrrrrrrr....

I´m the clown in this ring then...(hehe...)...

buttobi

Mar 29, 2007
All of you Mods are doing a good job, not to mention Admin Chompy.

I was once a staff member on a huge forum and know well what it takes to maintain a forum like this. There are many things to do behind the scenes, which is stressful more often than not. We may sometimes look thankless and only demanding but we do appreciate your job.

I hope you guys don't forget to enjoy posting like common members. :goodboy:

mahat2_pik

Mar 4, 2009
mahat2_pik are you still experiencing problems?

The site should be running smoothly now. It's fine for me

No No No. . .
It's fine now, no more fast cgi error (what's that anyway?. . . no need to answer), no more INFINITE loading.
I really hope that those won't happen again, well thanks for your concern.

Rollyco

Team Tomoe
Oct 4, 2007
I really hope that those won't happen again
You will see FastCGI errors at times when the online user count is over 3,400, but it won't be as bad as before.

snakeboy

Former Staff
Sep 13, 2007
Just adding my 5c - Yes, things are much improved lately. Whatever you did, and whoever did it - THANK YOU :)

fr0stbyte

Former Staff
Apr 8, 2008
Fast CGI Errors are back again. I've had 5 after I logged on which approximately 5 minutes ago.

Rollyco

Team Tomoe
Oct 4, 2007
Yes, that happens periodically. Until we fix it, just hammer on the refresh key.

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
But they are not persistant anymore, normally 1 times refreshing brings the page back at once.