1. Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

meguIV: The Official Akiba-Online DVD Encoder (v1.0.1.1)

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Rollyco, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Lonsdaleite

Lonsdaleite New Member

Have you experienced sync issues with this approach?

2. SamKook

SamKook Akiba Citizen Uploader

No, the lossless encode has complete information for every single frames so as long as you join the lossless stuff back before doing the final encode, it should be perfectly synced since the number of frames won't change which is what would desync the audio(but even with a lossy encode, it shouldn't cause sync issue in MeguIVit since it loads the video with a reliable filter that won't change the amount of frames, unlike encoding softwares that load them with directshow). The only thing that might be problematic is the deinterlacing quality at the trim points since qtgmc uses a few frames ahead to do its interpolation. I always encode 50 extra frame(before and after) and cut those out when I join them back. Might not be really noticeable but I prefer not to take chances personally.

The only thing that would cause sync issues is if you mess up your trims and duplicate or omit some section of the video.