meguIV: The Official Akiba-Online DVD Encoder (v1.0.1.1)

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

CyberDancer

☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
Mar 15, 2009
I tried another DVD [SKIP-049] and still have the same problem.

Here is:

Code:
global MeGUI_darx = 16
global MeGUI_dary = 9
SetMTMode(2)
DGDecode_mpeg2source("C:\Temp\SKIP-049\SKIP-049.d2v", info=3)
ColorMatrix(hints=true, threads=0)
TempGaussMC_beta1(2, 2, 2, EdiMode="NNEDI2" ", SLmode=1, SLrad=2, sharpness=1.0)
chroma=true
ECrad=3
ECthr=128
ECmode="Removegrain(4,4)"
chr31 = chroma?3:1
smA=last
mP  = mt_edge(smA,"prewitt",0,255,0,0,V=1,U=1)
mS  = mP.mt_expand(mode=mt_square(radius=ECrad),U=1,V=1).mt_inflate(U=1,V=1)
mD  = mt_lutxy(mS,mP.mt_inflate(U=1,V=1),"x y - "+string(ECthr)+" <= 0 x y - ?",U=1,V=1).mt_inflate(U=1,V=1).removegrain(20,-1)
mt_merge(smA,Eval("smA." + ECmode),mD,luma=chroma?true:false,U=chr31,V=chr31)
crop( 0, 0, 0, 0)

trim(0,1000)
Spline64Resize(720,480) # Spline64 (Sharp)
Distributor()

Rollyco

Team Tomoe
Oct 4, 2007
You have an extra double-quote character in line 6.

CyberDancer

☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
Mar 15, 2009
Finally, I figure out what is the problem!

It is same as SamKook just mentioned in early post.

And I have killed that problem too!!:gayprance:
It's like Apollo 11 just landing on the moon successfully! Hard to explain my feeling now...

I think FAQ is a good idea for someone who never give up on trying.

Thanks Rollyco for helping!

fr0stbyte

Former Staff
Apr 8, 2008
Doesn't anyone here have an i7 benchmark for converting one-hour videos? I wanna get an i7 920 while it's still in stock (stocks are low online).

isityours

People don't dance no mo'
Sep 27, 2008
i have the 860 and i can encode 1 hour of MeguIV (on default 'one-click' settings) in about 4-5 hours under Win 7 64 (no overclock). takes a bit longer under x86. also i often rip at night and i dont time the rips but the 'estimated time to completion' (processed fps increase slowly over the duration of the rip) is usually about 4-4.5 hours when ripping at 8fps.

fr0stbyte

Former Staff
Apr 8, 2008
i have the 860 and i can encode 1 hour of MeguIV (on default 'one-click' settings) in about 4-5 hours under Win 7 64 (no overclock). takes a bit longer under x86. also i often rip at night and i dont time the rips but the 'estimated time to completion' (processed fps increase slowly over the duration of the rip) is usually about 4-4.5 hours when ripping at 8fps.

With Hyper-Threading turned on? Seems reasonable otherwise. I'd probably overclock my i7 once I get my hands on it.

isityours

Sep 27, 2008
hyperthreading is on by default i think. i tried ripping while overclocking but my skills are not sufficient to get the stability needed to maintain at 100% load over the duration of the rip. it would always fail near the end of processing. the automatic OC runs at just over 3.10Ghz but even when i crank it up i dont see big speed gains. again this is probably me, and not the computers fault.
i saw a benckmark where the 920 ripped at over 16fps (i forget where) at about 3.5Ghz while encoding H.264 but it didnt say which program was used, didnt show a sample of the quality or say what other filters etc were being used during the ripping process. i assume it wasnt using any advanced deinterlacing such as is utilized in MeguIV.
just in case there was any confusion i am referring to 'using MeguIV' in the sense that the source file is an interlaced JI vid.

Rollyco

Team Tomoe
Oct 4, 2007
The new MeguIV version I'm working on is almost 50% faster, so your 4.5 hours would be more like 3 hours. Better quality and smaller output filesizes, too.

fr0stbyte

Former Staff
Apr 8, 2008
hyperthreading is on by default i think. i tried ripping while overclocking but my skills are not sufficient to get the stability needed to maintain at 100% load over the duration of the rip. it would always fail near the end of processing. the automatic OC runs at just over 3.10Ghz but even when i crank it up i dont see big speed gains. again this is probably me, and not the computers fault.
i saw a benckmark where the 920 ripped at over 16fps (i forget where) at about 3.5Ghz while encoding H.264 but it didnt say which program was used, didnt show a sample of the quality or say what other filters etc were being used during the ripping process. i assume it wasnt using any advanced deinterlacing such as is utilized in MeguIV.
just in case there was any confusion i am referring to 'using MeguIV' in the sense that the source file is an interlaced JI vid.

@isityours

I bet we'd see speed gains at about 3.9Ghz.. But then power consumption would be really peak at that speed. And overclocking requires some after market heat sink and fan that would cost a lot more. 4.5 hours is already good enough for me for one hour video. Thanks for the input! It's very far from the 12 hours I was getting on my E6850 C2D.

@Rollyco

I'm looking forward to the new version.

:grassdance:

CyberDancer

☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
Mar 15, 2009
A pop-up message appear:

Code:
Error message for your reference: Script error: there is no function named "MSuper" (????????, line 172)
(C:\Temp\SKIP-049\SKIP-049.avs, line 5)

SKIP-049.avs:

global MeGUI_darx = 16
global MeGUI_dary = 9
SetMTMode(2)
DGDecode_mpeg2source("C:\Temp\SKIP-049\SKIP-049.d2v")
TempGaussMC_beta2(2, 2, 2, EdiMode="NNEDI2")
Trim(105000,110000)
crop( 0, 0, 0, 0)

Spline36Resize(720,480) # Spline36 (Neutral)
Distributor()

My computer doesn't support SSE3. TGMC1 just fine, but TGMC_beta2 was fail...

Rollyco

Team Tomoe
Oct 4, 2007
MSuper is part of MVTools2. You probably only have the original MVTools 1.x installed. That error has nothing to do with SSE3.

CyberDancer

☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
Mar 15, 2009
Thanks Rollyco's very helpful reply, I've deal with all problems now.

To Vitreous:

Haha, only five seconds before you post here. But many thanks! You and Rollyco were help a lot!

Vitreous

°
Former Staff
Sep 13, 2009
I just did a successful test rip with a vanilla MeguIV 0.05 and TGMC beta2. It's much faster and gives better quality. All you need to add are these plugins:
- TempGaussMC_beta2.avsi
- mvtools2.dll
- VerticalCleaner (only add one of the dlls from this rar file)

Where do they go? Find the MeguIV executable and from there the plugin folder is:
Code:
 Sandbox\Megu IV (MeGUI Mod)\0.05\Virtual\MODIFIED\@SYSDRIVE@\MeguIV\Avisynth 2.5\plugins
Create the last couple of folders if this full path doesn't exist.

[Note to Rollyco: I edge cleaned too - no stability issues - I suspect a recent MeGUI update is conflicting with MT during the final encoding step]

Rollyco

Team Tomoe
Oct 4, 2007
[Note to Rollyco: I edge cleaned too - no stability issues - I suspect a recent MeGUI update is conflicting with MT during the final encoding step]
In my case it was VerticalCleanerSSE3.dll that was causing the crashes. Reverting to VerticalCleanerSSE2.dll seems to have fixed it w/ no drop in encoding FPS.

Vitreous

°
Former Staff
Sep 13, 2009
In my case it was VerticalCleanerSSE3.dll that was causing the crashes. Reverting to VerticalCleanerSSE2.dll seems to have fixed it w/ no drop in encoding FPS.

Strange, because I just used SSE3 for the test rip - I may have just lucked out.

Rollyco

Team Tomoe
Oct 4, 2007
Are you positive? According to the plugins.zip you sent me, you have a mess in your autoload folder. You should only have one VerticalCleaner DLL in there. Same thing goes for RemoveGrain, nnedi2, MDeblock, etc.

Vitreous

°
Former Staff
Sep 13, 2009
Are you positive? According to the plugins.zip you sent me, you have a mess in your autoload folder. You should only have one VerticalCleaner DLL in there. Same thing goes for RemoveGrain, nnedi2, MDeblock, etc.
Good point, I feel stupid now :silence:

eDux

Oct 24, 2008
Hai Rollyco,
do you plan on releasing a similar 1-click encoder for progressive video sources?

Would be great if you could, since i have a bunch of vids that i want to convert to x264 with minimum troubles and best possible quality...:please:
thanks

Rollyco

Team Tomoe
Oct 4, 2007
No plans for a progressive build. You can do it yourself, simply edit out the "TempGaussMC" and "SelectEven" lines from the Avisynth template. Or install the latest MeGUI version and use the "Unrestricted (DXVA) - High Quality" x264 preset. All you have to do is edit it and set the "Tuning" to "Film", "Animation", or "Grain" depending on your source.

isityours

Sep 27, 2008
Rollyco, i noticed you edited the titles of all meguIV encoded vids (JI section) to include the word 'meguIV' in green. was this simply to raise awareness of the program and increase usage? i have nothing against it, i just wondered. and if so is it preferable that people include this in the title when they post (if you are going to edit the title later anyway). if so should meguIV come first in the sequence?
on a slight deviation:
there is no uniform standard for writing titles that im aware of. has this been discussed before?
personally i enter filetype, idols name (jap then eng) title of vid (jap then eng) and finally the serial number. unforming the way titles are written would seem to make sense......or am i just overly anal?