JavLuv JAV Browser

lock_on

Jan 22, 2023
I noticed some warning keep appearing in the log file of javluv, the content are something like this:
2/8/2023 9:28:33 AM : Warning : Command exception:: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'F:\New folder (1)\ABP-305.nfo~'.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(String path, Boolean append, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding)
at MovieInfo.MovieSerializer`1.Save(String filename, T data)
at MovieInfo.CmdSaveMetadata.Execute()
at MovieInfo.CommandQueue.ThreadRun()
I store my videos on 2 diffferent external harddrive, when I don't plug the 1 of the harddrive (F:), the log give me those warning (same warning) evey 15-20 sec.
Do you know why this happen? Is it normal for it to happen when my harddrive is not plugged in?

ao-ch987

Dec 27, 2022
I think there may have been a discussion elsewhere in the thread about not wishing to clutter the interface with too many toggles (which I understand), but I really think a toggle to show user rating would be useful. Right now, the only way to see user rating is to sort by rating or view it within the individual title. I'm sure someone might make a similar argument for other information such as movie length or resolution, but I feel that having star ratings visible in the primary view offers more benefit than other data that can also be searched for/filtered.

TmpGuy

JavLuv author, lesbian connoisseur
Jun 1, 2013
I noticed some warning keep appearing in the log file of javluv, the content are something like this:

I store my videos on 2 diffferent external harddrive, when I don't plug the 1 of the harddrive (F:), the log give me those warning (same warning) evey 15-20 sec.
Do you know why this happen? Is it normal for it to happen when my harddrive is not plugged in?
Ah, yeah. This happens when you make edits to metadata, or if it needs to update metadata with new information, JavLuv attempts to access a small number of .nfo files about every fifteen seconds or so. The reason is because reading or writing thousands of nfo files all at once could theoretically take several minutes. So, JavLuv is just trying to slowly get your external nfo files up to date, a bit at a time.

In your case, it will update your nfo files again when you plug that drive back in. The behavior is expected and not a problem at all.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
I think there may have been a discussion elsewhere in the thread about not wishing to clutter the interface with too many toggles (which I understand), but I really think a toggle to show user rating would be useful. Right now, the only way to see user rating is to sort by rating or view it within the individual title. I'm sure someone might make a similar argument for other information such as movie length or resolution, but I feel that having star ratings visible in the primary view offers more benefit than other data that can also be searched for/filtered.
Yep, it's true I'm trying to keep the interface from getting too cluttered, but I think user ratings are kind important for JavLuv - or at least, they are for my own collection. I can see an argument to be made for keeping that visible even in thumbnail view. Will consider adding that option.

weppin

Sep 11, 2008
How about the male actors? I have a few favorites and there's no good way to know about and/or keep track of them from any of the online databases.

However I have found a really good listing of male actors and their films. Is there any way it could be integrated into JavLuv? I would love to be able to sort films by male actors as well!

Ed. The previous version of that link is archived here. It's useful because it has many comments that give extra info.

I'm guessing that these lists are simply fan-made and therefore may be extremely incomplete and/or contain errors. I would be happy to find another listing of male JAV actors that is professionally done, if it exits.

Last edited:

JAVprisoner

Jan 25, 2021
Thanks so much for this great program! I just installed the JavLuv today and did the first scan on one folder with sub-folders, with several hundred movies. The scan was successful and both the Movies and Actresses tabs are populated with correct photos.
However, when I double-clicked any actress image, I will get an actress details page but with no movies listed on the page.

What had I done wrong? This is my first time using the JavLuv, I apologize for my newbie question.

Thanks so much again for you great work and for your kindness to share this wonderful program with us.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
How about the male actors? I have a few favorites and there's no good way to know about and/or keep track of them from any of the online databases.

However I have found a really good listing of male actors and their films. Is there any way it could be integrated into JavLuv? I would love to be able to sort films by male actors as well!

Ed. The previous version of that link is archived here. It's useful because it has many comments that give extra info.

I'm guessing that these lists are simply fan-made and therefore may be extremely incomplete and/or contain errors. I would be happy to find another listing of male JAV actors that is professionally done, if it exits.

Supporting male JAV actors might be difficult. The movie sites I scrape simply don't have that associated information. Any such support would have to be a dedicated scanner solely for this. And the problem is, that seems like a very small and incomplete list of actors, which means even if it works, it's going to be somewhat of a poorly supported feature. Hell, I've had a tough time finding reliable sources for actress databases. The problem is probably 100x worse with male actors, who hardly seem to get any attention at all.

I'll put this on the to-do list, but given how difficult it would be to implement and the likely outcome (a very small percentage actually found), I wouldn't get your hopes up.

For a more immediate solution, my recommendation is to put male actors in the Notes: sections of movies, and you can search for them like anything else.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Thanks so much for this great program! I just installed the JavLuv today and did the first scan on one folder with sub-folders, with several hundred movies. The scan was successful and both the Movies and Actresses tabs are populated with correct photos.
However, when I double-clicked any actress image, I will get an actress details page but with no movies listed on the page.

What had I done wrong? This is my first time using the JavLuv, I apologize for my newbie question.

Thanks so much again for you great work and for your kindness to share this wonderful program with us.

That's rather mysterious, as I haven't heard of any other similar failures. If you send me your log files, I could take a look and maybe see what's going wrong. In Settings, scroll down to the bottom and you'll see a button to zip and copy log files. You can attach that zip file to this forum, or if you prefer, send it to me privately.

If you happen to get them showing up, let me know as well.

JAVprisoner

Jan 25, 2021
That's rather mysterious, as I haven't heard of any other similar failures. If you send me your log files, I could take a look and maybe see what's going wrong. In Settings, scroll down to the bottom and you'll see a button to zip and copy log files. You can attach that zip file to this forum, or if you prefer, send it to me privately.

If you happen to get them showing up, let me know as well.
Thanks so much again.

I deleted all the metadata and image files from the folder, removed everything from the library, did some file name clean up, then re-scanned the folder, and now I can see the movies in the actress details page. Problem is resolved.

I think some of the file names that contain special characters are the cause of that problem. I removed all special characters from all file names. I hope this information may help others in preparing for new scans with file names that may cause unexpected problems.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Thanks so much again.

I deleted all the metadata and image files from the folder, removed everything from the library, did some file name clean up, then re-scanned the folder, and now I can see the movies in the actress details page. Problem is resolved.

I think some of the file names that contain special characters are the cause of that problem. I removed all special characters from all file names. I hope this information may help others in preparing for new scans with file names that may cause unexpected problems.

Glad to hear it's working. In theory, special characters in the filenames shouldn't be an issue so long as they're legal paths, but clearly something was going wrong there.

JAVprisoner

Jan 25, 2021
Glad to hear it's working. In theory, special characters in the filenames shouldn't be an issue so long as they're legal paths, but clearly something was going wrong there.
Yes, special characters shouldn't causing this other issues (e.x. pulling out one single cover image for all the files scanned in the path, even with filenames that do not contain special characters).

If you want to test it yourself, try this filename: "hhd800.com@261ARA-514.mp4", or any file names with the part "hhd800.com@###" before the {DVD-ID} in the file names.

Again, thank you very much for your great work and your support.

bestbuy

Jan 8, 2023
Hi Tempguy - I think I found a small bug when scanning file with ID that has just 1 number it will not process into database and there is no error. Example FRF-3 after scanning did not show up, had to change it to FRF-03 then it worked fine. Also at times I add actresses to the movie profile or checkmark to indicate hard subtitle, sometimes release date if missing. Alll of the changes disappear after regenerating metadata. Tried that with restoring from backup setting. Anyway those changes can be retained?

Yorin2

Dec 1, 2019
Hi TmpGuy! After some naming clean-up (first name, last name or vice versa) and merging of actresses I have now ended up with some names without movies. Is there a way to delete these entries without going in the actress XML and manually deleting the corresponding lines? I have meddled with the XML before, but as my time investment in JavLuv grows I'm ever more worried about doing something destructive. Thanks!

1676410486102.png

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Hi TmpGuy! After some naming clean-up (first name, last name or vice versa) and merging of actresses I have now ended up with some names without movies. Is there a way to delete these entries without going in the actress XML and manually deleting the corresponding lines? I have meddled with the XML before, but as my time investment in JavLuv grows I'm ever more worried about doing something destructive. Thanks!

View attachment 3160383
If you turn on Advanced options in Settings, you can delete actress entries. Right-click and select "Remove from library".

Most destructive operations in JavLuv are hidden this way.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Hi Tempguy - I think I found a small bug when scanning file with ID that has just 1 number it will not process into database and there is no error. Example FRF-3 after scanning did not show up, had to change it to FRF-03 then it worked fine. Also at times I add actresses to the movie profile or checkmark to indicate hard subtitle, sometimes release date if missing. Alll of the changes disappear after regenerating metadata. Tried that with restoring from backup setting. Anyway those changes can be retained?

Yeah, the scanner purposefully required a minimum of two numbers, because previously, I hadn't seen any movies with single digits. Most are officially ABC-01 instead of ABC-1. Anyhow, thanks for letting me know. I'll add a patch for the next version for these rare cases.

Regarding the "regenerate metadata", that's actually what it's supposed to do. It deletes the current metadata and scrapes new metadata from online sources to get a clean copy, and purposefully does NOT restore from backup.

May I ask what you were attempting to do, if not resetting the metadata to its original state? Or perhaps what you thought the command should do?

bestbuy

Jan 8, 2023
thank you for the upcoming patch. I regenerate the metadata when I find a better quality file, the challenge arises for those files that the scraper does not get a hit so basically everything is blank. Thankfully it still uses the cover image that I uploaded. Not sure if there is anything to be done,

Do have a ask, wondering whether we can paste a cover into the movie details screen the same way we can paste image into the actress details screen. This is useful if the scraper does not get a hit or sometimes scrapes wrong cover because 2 movies have the same id's. Currently I have to go in find another cover dup it paste image into that and then import it.

Really appreciate all the work that went into this tool, you are very skillful.

bestbuy

Jan 8, 2023
just thought of something when regenerating metadata, if the scraper does not get a hit from online sources it should not blow away the details except for the resolution. In other words you should not delete current metadata unless the scraper gets a hit from online sources.

bestbuy

Jan 8, 2023
Nevermind about pasting cover image as i found out that I can just save image as which downloads it and I can import it, feel silly about what I was doing before.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
just thought of something when regenerating metadata, if the scraper does not get a hit from online sources it should not blow away the details except for the resolution. In other words you should not delete current metadata unless the scraper gets a hit from online sources.
Agreed. That's definitely an oversight on my part. Will make a note to fix that.