JavLuv JAV Browser

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

TmpGuy

JavLuv author, lesbian connoisseur
Jun 1, 2013
hi I was wondering that are next major block or fitures that you plan to implement

You can see all wishlist items and bugs here: https://github.com/JavLuv/JavLuv/issues

In the short term, there are a few small bugfixes and workflow enhancements I'm going to prioritize. Additionally, I'd like to focus on better support when scraping movies and especially actress names in Japanese, but this is sort of an ongoing, long-term process.

As for the next major features, I'd like to get portable apps working, allowing users to save settings in a shared location, giving more flexibility in sharing their collections, or using multiple clients. I'm also planning to add a "Genres" tab with better genre/tag management. This will include functions to list genre tags by popularity, and easier methods for merging, excluding, or renaming genres.

DarkMask

Jul 26, 2012
I'm not sure what you define as the "best", as English language support looks extremely spotty on that site. I've put it on a potential list for Japanese language support though. I've scraped other sites with two-stage lookup before, so it's not too challenging technically, although it's always more convenient if you can look up movies by ID directly in the URL. But adding each site to scrape ends up being a good deal of work regardless. The only thing that's a real blocker for me is if the site uses JavaScript to search or display results.

Yeah, English isn't really supported, its biggest selling point is series relations as I find most English sites either don't have it or are severely lacking.

Crispy

Jul 12, 2008
This may have been asked and I'm sorry if it was. What is the best way to migrate from javinizer and has anyone done it? Is it possible to have to separate working programs - i.e. have javluv work on same movies as I have in Javinizer and create different nfo/metadata or reuse them?

I looked at https://github.com/JavLuv/JavLuv/wiki/Automatic-Move-and-Rename and I can setup the same naming scheme.

The reason is javinizer didnt find a bunch of movies, perhaps I didnt setup the right scrapers etc, a lot of times the ID lookup failed and sometimes it grabbed the wrong movie. As a result I have a bunch of movies which I dont know where the actual metadata was picked from, but I'm afraid to run again as many have been delisted, R18 is gone etc. Also the names of actresses varies a lot by the scraper.

What I want to do is run Javluv on my existing collection - which is organized as Studio\ID\ID - Title and then filenames, nfo are ID - Title.nfo/avi etc. As well as a bunch of unknown/incorrectly identified files. I'd like to keep the same structure, but then do a few things -

- I want to have a ranking system such that movies with subtitles or decensored rank higher than censored. if a movie exists in both censored and decensored, or if there are 2 copies, keep the eng/highest bitrate/decensored one, and move the others to a \dups folder with same structure. I started writing a program using nodejs and ffmpeg to identify bitrates, a lot of times javinizer will keep this in nfo already
- have actress aliases recognized and use the same for every movie
- if no movie is found can it use the existing nfo if one exists? I dont see this in 'Generate metadata from local files if no online resources are found'
- same for reusing the thumbnails already downloaded which are in extrafanart subfolders

Thanks again and any tips are welcome.

Reactions: mei2

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
This may have been asked and I'm sorry if it was.
Not at all. Happy to answer questions.
What is the best way to migrate from javinizer and has anyone done it? Is it possible to have to separate working programs - i.e. have javluv work on same movies as I have in Javinizer and create different nfo/metadata or reuse them?
JavLuv is mostly compatible with Javinizer, or at least it should be, since they both use the Kodi standard nfo file format - for exactly this purpose, I might add. Javanizer does deviate from the standard in a couple ways, and I've tried to accommodate that on import. It may be a problem if you use Javinizer does to read nfo JavLuv has generated, since I stick more closely to the standard, as I interpret it at least.

I looked at https://github.com/JavLuv/JavLuv/wiki/Automatic-Move-and-Rename and I can setup the same naming scheme.

The reason is javinizer didnt find a bunch of movies, perhaps I didnt setup the right scrapers etc, a lot of times the ID lookup failed and sometimes it grabbed the wrong movie. As a result I have a bunch of movies which I dont know where the actual metadata was picked from, but I'm afraid to run again as many have been delisted, R18 is gone etc. Also the names of actresses varies a lot by the scraper.

Yeah, missing IDs is going to happen. I know Javanizer has quite a few scrapers, and it's been around longer that JavLuv, so it's hard to say whether it's going to catch anything Javinizer missed. No harm in trying, I guess.

What I want to do is run Javluv on my existing collection - which is organized as Studio\ID\ID - Title and then filenames, nfo are ID - Title.nfo/avi etc. As well as a bunch of unknown/incorrectly identified files. I'd like to keep the same structure, but then do a few things -

- I want to have a ranking system such that movies with subtitles or decensored rank higher than censored. if a movie exists in both censored and decensored, or if there are 2 copies, keep the eng/highest bitrate/decensored one, and move the others to a \dups folder with same structure. I started writing a program using nodejs and ffmpeg to identify bitrates, a lot of times javinizer will keep this in nfo already

JavLuv can't actually keep duplicate IDs in it's database, It assumes you're only going to store one copy per movie. It does have a copy of "extra" movies, which it places in the same location, but this is meant for things like trailers, behind-the-scenes or extra videos like that.

When scanning a movie, if there's an ID that already exists, JavLuv will look at the resolution and ask if you want to replace the existing movie if it's equal or higher resolution (it doesn't utilize bitrate). This behavior is optional, though.

- have actress aliases recognized and use the same for every movie

JavLuv can do this, but it's sort of hit and miss as to whether or not this is detected automatically, since actress information varies widely depending on how it's scraped. But it does have tools to help manage this.

- if no movie is found can it use the existing nfo if one exists? I dont see this in 'Generate metadata from local files if no online resources are found'
If an nfo already exists, it will use that instead of trying to scrape movies. That other option is only when it can't find an ID online.

- same for reusing the thumbnails already downloaded which are in extrafanart subfolders
JavLuv recognizes thumbnails, but I'm pretty sure it won't will pick them up if they're in a subfolder. It assumes related files are in the same folder (either shared or one folder per movie).

Thanks again and any tips are welcome.

It's hard to say if JavLuv is going to work for you or not. What I'd recommend is to selectively scan some of your mis-identified files to see if JavLuv can identify those. Because of the minor differences in the nfo files, I'm not 100% certain Javinizer can actually read nfo files written by JavLuv, so that's probably the first thing I'd check. I'd hate for you to accidentally clobber all your nfo files with a slightly incompatible version.

makaroni1

Mar 30, 2009
You can see all wishlist items and bugs here: https://github.com/JavLuv/JavLuv/issues

In the short term, there are a few small bugfixes and workflow enhancements I'm going to prioritize. Additionally, I'd like to focus on better support when scraping movies and especially actress names in Japanese, but this is sort of an ongoing, long-term process.

As for the next major features, I'd like to get portable apps working, allowing users to save settings in a shared location, giving more flexibility in sharing their collections, or using multiple clients. I'm also planning to add a "Genres" tab with better genre/tag management. This will include functions to list genre tags by popularity, and easier methods for merging, excluding, or renaming genres.
with all do respect I like to say that genres possible studio and separation tabs are the most needed ... with lib 1000 movies it is really hard to find anything mine now 11000 ..... but anyway we all will wait

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
with all do respect I like to say that genres possible studio and separation tabs are the most needed ... with lib 1000 movies it is really hard to find anything mine now 11000 ..... but anyway we all will wait

Genre and Studio tabs I get, but what do you mean by "separation"? Also, could you explain some situations in which you find it difficult to find something you're looking for? Understanding the issues people are having help me to design and prioritize new features.

makaroni1

Mar 30, 2009
Genre and Studio tabs I get, but what do you mean by "separation"? Also, could you explain some situations in which you find it difficult to find something you're looking for? Understanding the issues people are having help me to design and prioritize new features.
well separation tab is just any possible way to devide big part of movies like 10000 movies in to the smaller parts leke 50 to 100 in broad terms all of those tabs (implemented one actress tab ... and not inplemeted yet studio and genre) are all very much simular as I named "separation" tabs .. the other possible useful separation tab might be director or just manual defined playlist (or hopefully multiple playlists (collections of videos) ) that you can put any movies in and name however you want ..

Not2srius

Jul 5, 2022
I might have asked this before...I see that I can sort by ID, Title, Actress, User Rating, Newest and Oldest.

I assume Newest and Oldest refer to date released? Would it be possible to sort by date added, newest to oldest? I'm continually adding new Jav so it would be nice to see the ones most recently added.

Keep up the good work!

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
I might have asked this before...I see that I can sort by ID, Title, Actress, User Rating, Newest and Oldest.

I assume Newest and Oldest refer to date released? Would it be possible to sort by date added, newest to oldest? I'm continually adding new Jav so it would be nice to see the ones most recently added.

Keep up the good work!

There's a "recently added" option for sorting, and it sorts most recently added at the top. If you don't see it, download the latest version, should be at 1.1.22

Not2srius

Jul 5, 2022
Crap. I tried to remove all the older versions of JavLuv and then reinstall latest version and now I can get it to open at all. Suggestions?

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Crap. I tried to remove all the older versions of JavLuv and then reinstall latest version and now I can get it to open at all. Suggestions?

Are you installing using msi version or doing it manually using zip?

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Are you trying to open it using a preciously created shortcut?

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Okay, one thing that uninstalling and then reinstalling does is invalidate any shortcuts to the old version. If you just install without uninstalling first, this shouldn't happen.

So, delete that shortcut, and run JavLuv by pressing the Start key on keyboard, then typing "JavLuv". If that starts up, you can then create a new shortcut.

Not2srius

Jul 5, 2022
Still can't get it to open. I can see it in the program files, but even when I click on the executable file and press "open" it will not initiate. What if I downloaded and stored on an external drive and tried to operate it from that drive?Screenshot (176).png

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Still can't get it to open. I can see it in the program files, but even when I click on the executable file and press "open" it will not initiate. What if I downloaded and stored on an external drive and tried to operate it from that drive?View attachment 3155352

If there's an old version of JavLuv that's still running, like the process hung somehow, that will flush it. On startup, JavLuv only allows one process to run. Press CTRL-SHIFT-ESC to see if JavLuv is running somewhere, and if so, you can forcibly close it. Or you can reboot your machine.

Also, if you have any anti-virus running, shut that off. I know of at least one AV program that's screwed up JavLuv before.

I have no idea what else to suggest, to be honest.

Not2srius

Jul 5, 2022
th
If there's an old version of JavLuv that's still running, like the process hung somehow, that will flush it. On startup, JavLuv only allows one process to run. Press CTRL-SHIFT-ESC to see if JavLuv is running somewhere, and if so, you can forcibly close it. Or you can reboot your machine.

Also, if you have any anti-virus running, shut that off. I know of at least one AV program that's screwed up JavLuv before.

thanks, i'll reboot and see what happens and go from there.

Not2srius

Jul 5, 2022

Rebooted and working again! Latest version too. I was panicking, I love JavLuv!