JavLuv JAV Browser

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Not2srius

Jul 5, 2022
Just installed the latest version and JavLuv will not open either from the menu or when I go into its folder on Program Files. Any ideas?

Thanks

Gaara9449

Lost in JAVslation
Mar 25, 2010
Just installed the latest version and JavLuv will not open either from the menu or when I go into its folder on Program Files. Any ideas?

Thanks
That's will not really resolve your problem with the version you have instaled but i personally use the portable version of the software and everything goes fine for me.

@TmpGuy
I have found another "issue", but it's not a bug or error.... In fact I have the movie [MIDV-023] with Shoko Takahashi how is pretty recent, So JavLuv keep the good cover, but only get the info about another [MIDV-023] how is much older (and the wrong one in my case). But, as i said this is totally legit technically. Is there something i can do to get the right movie on my JavLuv catalog or did i found an insolvable problem ? :oops:

Attachments

• [MIDV-023].jpg
    [MIDV-023].jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 52
  • Old [MIDV-023].jpg
    Old [MIDV-023].jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 41

TmpGuy

JavLuv author, lesbian connoisseur
Jun 1, 2013

Thanks

No error message or anything at all?

If not my guess is that JavLuv has somehow hung on exit. JavLuv will, by default, not open a second copy of itself, but will attempt to re-open the previous instance. Press CTRL-SHIFT-ESC to bring up list of running programs and see if you can spot it there, and right-click and force it closed.

Or, just reboot your machine to make sure, then try opening JavLuv again.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
@TmpGuy
I have found another "issue", but it's not a bug or error.... In fact I have the movie [MIDV-023] with Shoko Takahashi how is pretty recent, So JavLuv keep the good cover, but only get the info about another [MIDV-023] how is much older (and the wrong one in my case). But, as i said this is totally legit technically. Is there something i can do to get the right movie on my JavLuv catalog or did i found an insolvable problem ? :oops:

Yeah, to be honest, I'm not sure how to deal with movie ID collisions. The whole premise of JavLuv is retrieving metadata from a unique ID code, so duplicate codes really throw a monkey wrench into the gears.

It's a pretty uncommon occurrence (with MIDV being one of those cases) so my general advice is to go to JavLibrary.com and just copy the correct metadata manually. And if you happen to have both, you'll need to rename one of the IDs to something unique.

Moxy

JAV Archiever
Dec 22, 2009
Can anyone point me in the direction of a decent site they use other than JavLibrary for info on actresses or any resource like that so I can fill in missing data. Any suggestions?

Edit: I also use JavDatabase and I finally got it to recognise Hibiki Ootsuki as Hibiki Otsuki and now she scrapes better info, full info.
Misa Yuuki Scrapes info has: Misa Yuki. Just set has her alternate name and update her via right click.

Its a shame that all the effort we put into all the corrections and missing info that we cant have someway to upload a database or save the database somehow so others could import the info, a kind of exchange. not sure if any of you have any thoughts.

Last edited:

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Can anyone point me in the direction of a decent site they use other than JavLibrary for info on actresses or any resource like that so I can fill in missing data. Any suggestions?

First off, since JavLuv added a new scaper recently, try right-click on actresses in browser view and select "Update actresses". You'll probably see some new actresses updated. And yes, I know it's inconvenient to have to navigate back to the browser view to do this. I've got a to-do item regarding this.

JavLuv itself uses the following sites for scraping actress info:
JavDatabase.com
JavModel.com
JavRave.club

But obviously, if JavLuv can't find it, it may not be there, or there may be an alternate spelling.

A few things I do myself:

Check to see if there is an alternate name spelled slightly differently. Double vowels are often alternate spelled with a single vowel, for vice-versa. ie. Ootsuki -> Otsuki, Yuu -> Yu, or, sometimes ou simply because o, like Touka -> Toka. Japanese to English translation isn't always precise.

Perform a Google Search directly for the information you want, like actress name's birthday. Google will sometimes tell you less salacious info like this directly. In the case of cup size or measurements, it may point you to a website with that info.

Perhaps try finding the Japanese name and searching on that.

Some sites I've been tracking with an eye to adding additional scrapers for:
For better portrait images, I'll either copy and paste directly into JavLuv from a Google Search results, or use the built-in Windows Snipping Tool to grab a nice headshot.

If you find a good site or technique for finding this information, tell me about it, and I might be able to incorporate it into JavLuv.

Reactions: Moxy

Moxy

JAV Archiever
Dec 22, 2009
First off, since JavLuv added a new scaper recently, try right-click on actresses in browser view and select "Update actresses". You'll probably see some new actresses updated. And yes, I know it's inconvenient to have to navigate back to the browser view to do this. I've got a to-do item regarding this.
Thanks. Yeah I remember you adding it a few versions back. Ive just rescanned them but as I have 4k actress to scan, its taking a while :)

YThanks for the sites btw and like you say, I just add all alias I can find and that usually does it or just manual if I can find it.

Not2srius

Jul 5, 2022

If not my guess is that JavLuv has somehow hung on exit. JavLuv will, by default, not open a second copy of itself, but will attempt to re-open the previous instance. Press CTRL-SHIFT-ESC to bring up list of running programs and see if you can spot it there, and right-click and force it closed.

Ok, will try rebooting since the task manager did not show JavLuv in operation. BTW, it's a PIA to reboot since I have to detach and then reattach two external drives to do so. Any solve for that?

Not2srius

Jul 5, 2022

I rebooted and it opened, but...when I tried to scan new files, instead of the usual dialog box, I got the attached screen. When I went into settings, I saw the version wasn't the current one? See attached upper right corner.

Ideas?

Attachments

• Screenshot (172).png
    Screenshot (172).png
    206.7 KB · Views: 62
  • Screenshot (173).png
    Screenshot (173).png
    896.4 KB · Views: 50

Moxy

JAV Archiever
Dec 22, 2009
Ok, will try rebooting since the task manager did not show JavLuv in operation. BTW, it's a PIA to reboot since I have to detach and then reattach two external drives to do so. Any solve for that?
It could be a corruption in a configuration file thats force closing when you attempt to start it. I havent really looked to much into JavLuvs use of files except app data and so forth for backup reasons. Personally, I would remove the app data folder for Javluv but first make sure you back it up. Restart and if it works then close and re-add the back up. If it fails again then its prolly a process of elimination to find out whats happening but Im sure TMPGUY will know way better so Id wait for another reply as m method may cause issues but as most stuff is stored inside Appdata and inside your Jav folders then I cants see issue myself.

Be cautious posting pics of your file structure without blanking out your desktop ID and such :) I would be cautious as all info is sensitive these days.

Also. From your images, it looks like you are using version 0.8?

I just read your message properly. Sorry was tired. Thats weird that its saying 0.8. Have your tried just re-installing the new version?

Last edited:

Not2srius

Jul 5, 2022
I rebooted and it opened, but...when I tried to scan new files, instead of the usual dialog box, I got the attached screen. When I went into settings, I saw the version wasn't the current one? See attached upper right corner.

Ideas?
And being the impatient sort I am, I uninstalled JavLuv, and created a new installation folder and reinstalled latest version. Working fine now.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
And being the impatient sort I am, I uninstalled JavLuv, and created a new installation folder and reinstalled latest version. Working fine now.
The pre-release version you were showing was pretty weird. Not sure where that came from, but it's months old. My guess is that you had an old copy of JavLuv stored somewhere and you subsequently launched that, especially possible if you've ever installed manually installing instead of using the msi installer. I'd try searching for JavLuv.exe and see if you get more than one result.

Anyhow, glad it's working now.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
It could be a corruption in a configuration file thats force closing when you attempt to start it. I havent really looked to much into JavLuvs use of files except app data and so forth for backup reasons. Personally, I would remove the app data folder for Javluv but first make sure you back it up. Restart and if it works then close and re-add the back up. If it fails again then its prolly a process of elimination to find out whats happening but Im sure TMPGUY will know way better so Id wait for another reply as m method may cause issues but as most stuff is stored inside Appdata and inside your Jav folders then I cants see issue myself.

Be cautious posting pics of your file structure without blanking out your desktop ID and such :) I would be cautious as all info is sensitive these days.

Also. From your images, it looks like you are using version 0.8?

I just read your message properly. Sorry was tired. Thats weird that its saying 0.8. Have your tried just re-installing the new version?

FYI, all the files JavLuv uses are in the AppData folder, aside from the external media files and metadata, of course. So backing up the JavLuv folder is not a bad idea to protect your movie metadata (although the .nfo files act as a backup there too), as well as the actress database, which doesn't really have a backup at the moment.

When testing new features, I'll sometimes create a backup of that folder manually to ensure I don't mess my own collection up, so that's a safe thing to do... so long as you don't accidentally delete it or anything.

At some point, I'm planning to add functionality to export and import movie and actress data, which could both act as a backup, as well as be used to share movie info and actress data among JavLuv users.

Last edited:

Moxy

JAV Archiever
Dec 22, 2009
FYI, all the files JavLuv uses are in the AppData folder, aside from the external media files and metadata, of course. So backing up the JavLuv folder is not a bad idea to protect your movie metadata (although the .nfo files act as a backup there too), as well as the actress database, which doesn't really have a backup at the moment.

When testing new features, I'll sometimes create a backup of that folder manually to ensure I don't mess my own collection up, so that's a safe thing to do... so long as you don't accidentally delete it or anything.

At some point, I'm planning to add functionality to export and import movie and actress data, which could both act as a backup, as well as be used to share movie info and actress data among JavLuv users.
Ive noticed in appdata that it creates a backup of the data itself. I was wondering which isnt a priority but a backup button with HD or something set to back up to. Wouldn't even need a button but have it create one at set intervals or when it boots or something. I know its not a huge thing and I just manual backup but maybe it could be a thing.

weppin

Sep 11, 2008
Just want to check in with a good report for a change! I don't know if the "tags" data has gotten improved lately, or whether I'm just noticing it more, but I used it to quite a good effect the other day.

I was searching for a movie I had lost track of, and in the course of vainly trying to locate its poster, I started noticing the tags on other films.

So I searched for "molester" and "single", and lo, there was the film! Along with about 25 other "single actress" molester themed movies! What a nice surprise! (Serial molest/r@pe of a single actress through the course of a day is a fetish of mine.)

So I just wanted to point out to users not to neglect the tag feature! Granted, it's nowhere near as granular as I make my own categorizations, but I can imagine many scenarios where I would use it - to search for a particular character or theme I'm in the mood to watch, and also to help me refine my own folder sorting. Another nice aspect of having a dedicated JAV file magager!

One bug (?) to report, as well. When sorting in random mode (I love it!), right- clicking to select "regenerate metadata" on a single film cover will refresh the random sort order. However, using "rescan files" will not! Just to mention if it's useful info.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
One bug (?) to report, as well. When sorting in random mode (I love it!), right- clicking to select "regenerate metadata" on a single film cover will refresh the random sort order. However, using "rescan files" will not! Just to mention if it's useful info.

You'll note the sort order only changes while the metadata is being regenerated, after which the movies are listed in the same order. This is because the movie is temporarily removed from the list, which affects the randomization. "rescan files" does not remove the movie, so it doesn't have the same side effect. A little weird, but technically not a bug, just a side effect of randomization. The same thing will occur if you add or delete movies in any other way. I can't really think of an easy solution for that, so I'm willing to live with it.

Edit: Aaaand of course, just now I think I might have figured out a way to fix that side-effect. Will experiment a bit and see...

Last edited:
Reactions: weppin

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013

Well, what the heck... I actually came up with an elegant way to solve this. The next version will keep the random list stable even when adding or removing movies.

weppin

Sep 11, 2008
I'd love to see a (maybe user-switchable?) feature that enables a primary program data set that is accessible over a network.

Since I am now using JavLuv on two different LAN connected laptops, as well as on a primary desktop PC, it would be great to be able to have the networked versions go and get updates to the program data. And maybe even make updates to the primary dataset with their own changes? Actress thumbnails and info, and movie ratings specifically would be nice to have consistent across usable versions.

Thanks again, JavLuv redefines my JAV collection in any case!

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
I'd love to see a (maybe user-switchable?) feature that enables a primary program data set that is accessible over a network.

Since I am now using JavLuv on two different LAN connected laptops, as well as on a primary desktop PC, it would be great to be able to have the networked versions go and get updates to the program data. And maybe even make updates to the primary dataset with their own changes? Actress thumbnails and info, and movie ratings specifically would be nice to have consistent across usable versions.

Thanks again, JavLuv redefines my JAV collection in any case!

Yep, it's on the to-do list: https://github.com/JavLuv/JavLuv/issues/73

As always no promises about when I'll get to any particular task.

lock_on

Jan 22, 2023
Yes, I've had this idea for a while: https://github.com/JavLuv/JavLuv/issues/2

The ability to both export and import would be useful both as a personal backup, and as a way for the community to build a shared set of movie and actress metadata and images.

It's a little tricky as a shared set of data, because of the problem of what one considers "authoritative/authentic". For instance, how one filters genre tags can be very personalized. Same with titles. So, I'm still thinking about how that works. Kind of a lower-priority feature, though, but hopefully I'll get to it someday.

As for subtitles, I already wrote a tool to organize subtitles, and added it to JavLuv. If you enable "show advanced options" in Settings, you'll see a tool on the left panel for doing this. I've collected most of the previous subtitles posted in Akiba's subtitle forum over the last decade and consolidated it here (30K+ subtitles):

The tool will rename files, detect language and file format, and organize them alphabetically. JavLuv can then use this organized collection to see if you have any movies which have subtitles available for it. Select all movies, right-click, and select "Find subtitles"
If I have ten or more subtitles in one folder, and my videos are not sorted at all (only sorted in folders by the month of the released videos), I will have difficulty to search the videos one by one and move the subtitles to those specific folder of the videos. Is it possible to move the subtitle files automatically to the target video folders? I see that the feature of the Organize Subtitle only move/copy the subtitle in one folder specified in the Setting only.