JavLuv JAV Browser

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Yorin2

Dec 1, 2019
Hi TmpGuy. In the latest version of JavLuv I have to scan a folder twice to have a newly added movie visible in the JavLuv database. After the initial scan the movie doesn't appear in the list. When I check the folder I can see the the .nfo file has been created correctly, but it will only show in JavLuv after a repeated scan.

TmpGuy

JavLuv author, lesbian connoisseur
Jun 1, 2013
Hi TmpGuy. In the latest version of JavLuv I have to scan a folder twice to have a newly added movie visible in the JavLuv database. After the initial scan the movie doesn't appear in the list. When I check the folder I can see the the .nfo file has been created correctly, but it will only show in JavLuv after a repeated scan.
I tried and couldn't reproduce this. I've seen on rare occasions that JavLuv fails to refresh, so maybe it was just that. Let me know if you can manage to reproduce this. If anyone else sees this behavior, let me know.

weppin

Sep 11, 2008
I tried and couldn't reproduce this. I've seen on rare occasions that JavLuv fails to refresh, so maybe it was just that. Let me know if you can manage to reproduce this. If anyone else sees this behavior, let me know.
This happens to me semi-regularly. It always self-corrects in a very short while. I've stopped paying it any mind.

mei2

Dec 6, 2018
Hi @TmpGuy , I saw your earlier post in subs thread (JavLuv_Subs). Great work! It makes me to want to migrate to JavLuv.

What would be a clean/robust way to migrate to JavLuv? My collection is so far re-named by Javinizer, and organised manually by actress. Should I revert back to simple/standard names for each file, and then run JuvLuv on each actress directory separately? Any best practices to fillow?

Thanks.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Hi @TmpGuy , I saw your earlier post in subs thread (JavLuv_Subs). Great work! It makes me to want to migrate to JavLuv.

What would be a clean/robust way to migrate to JavLuv? My collection is so far re-named by Javinizer, and organised manually by actress. Should I revert back to simple/standard names for each file, and then run JuvLuv on each actress directory separately? Any best practices to fillow?

Thanks.
Well, you're free to give it a try. If it doesn't work as you like no harm done.

JavLuv should be nominally compatible with nfo files created by Javanizer, although I don't regularly test this out. When scanning, JavLuv looks for an nfo and movie file with a DVD-ID contained anywhere in the filename or containing folder. So, as long as the ID is somewhat obvious, for instance, [ABC-123] Some Movie Name.mp4, as an example, it shouldn't have too much problem finding the ID for your movies. Aside from that, JavLuv doesn't care what the filenames are.

I'd recommend first copying some folder to run a quick test to see how it works for you. If all goes well, you can continue scanning your actual library.

Later, if things go well, you can check out JavLuv's automatic naming/sorting features if you'd like to dip your toe into that.

Reactions: mei2

huntr212

Mar 16, 2023
Has anyone else run into an issue where the same cover image is used for multiple movies? If so, how can this be resolved?

quay2

Nov 28, 2009
Is there any possibility this could be made compatible to older versions of Windows, or is W10 the absolute minimum?

Moxy

JAV Archiever
Dec 22, 2009
Has anyone else run into an issue where the same cover image is used for multiple movies? If so, how can this be resolved?
Have you tried going to the one with the wrong cover and then manually changing it by getting the correct cover then right click on the wrong cover and select add cover and then point it to the right image.

huntr212

Mar 16, 2023
Have you tried going to the one with the wrong cover and then manually changing it by getting the correct cover then right click on the wrong cover and select add cover and then point it to the right image.
I haven't tried to manually fix them because there's so many of them >_<

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Is there any possibility this could be made compatible to older versions of Windows, or is W10 the absolute minimum?
I listed Windows 10 just because I haven't tested on anything earlier. It might work on earlier versions of Window, but I can't make any promises. Just give it a try and see.

quay2

Nov 28, 2009
I listed Windows 10 just because I haven't tested on anything earlier. It might work on earlier versions of Window, but I can't make any promises. Just give it a try and see.
On Windows 7, it just crashes before doing anything.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
On Windows 7, it just crashes before doing anything.
JavLuv uses the .NET 4.7.2 framework. I'm not sure if it's installed on Windows 7 by default, but you could try installing it from here, and see if it makes a difference:

Aside from that, probably not much I can realistically do, sorry.

weppin

Sep 11, 2008
What happened to all my custom actress images?! I hand-curated those and now they're all back to the stock images! :(

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
What happened to all my custom actress images?! I hand-curated those and now they're all back to the stock images! :(

You're using JavLuv across multiple machines, correct? Keep in mind those are all stored locally, so they're not going to propagate unless you manually copy them from one machine to another.

I hope you find a backup copy somewhere. I know it's a lot of work to clean up all your actress images. In addition to adding true network share support, I also want to add better mechanisms for backing up and restoring data, which maybe could even be used to share among JavLuv users as well. It's kind of hard to find extra time, as I've been a lot busier at work recently, and I've also got a few home improvement projects going on... Hopefully I'll find some more time to do some more work on it soon, but life sometimes gets in the way.

Reactions: Moxy and weppin

weppin

Sep 11, 2008
You're using JavLuv across multiple machines, correct? Keep in mind those are all stored locally, so they're not going to propagate unless you manually copy them from one machine to another.

I hope you find a backup copy somewhere. I know it's a lot of work to clean up all your actress images. In addition to adding true network share support, I also want to add better mechanisms for backing up and restoring data, which maybe could even be used to share among JavLuv users as well. It's kind of hard to find extra time, as I've been a lot busier at work recently, and I've also got a few home improvement projects going on... Hopefully I'll find some more time to do some more work on it soon, but life sometimes gets in the way.
No, this is on my main machine!

In the grand scheme of things, it's not the WORST thing that could happen. I guess I'll have to start making copies of all the new profile pics from now on.

But I was pretty shocked to see it happen. I was wondering why Javluv was taking so much time to download actress images! I've been doing a good deal of file moving, partly with Javluv but mostly manually myself.

On an up note I can report that I've been using Javluv to remove hundreds of gigabytes of duplicate movie files, I've developed a nice little method utilizing the read-only second instance.

Last edited:

deat123

Mar 24, 2023
hihi, wondering if you can make FC2-PPV movie type scannable? not sure if this was mention before. thank you!

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
hihi, wondering if you can make FC2-PPV movie type scannable? not sure if this was mention before. thank you!

Added to wishlist.

Moxy

JAV Archiever
Dec 22, 2009
Can you not use some program to do periodic transfers from one to another or back up religiously. I have multiple drives but not on a network as such. I just have a link to appdata type: %appdata% into search bar if you dont know, prolly do.

Then find Javluv which is in Local directory of appdata. I Archive it every time I am adding or amending the database.

Mines about 1.7gb uncompressed. Because most are highly compressed Jpegs, the archive is only compressed minimal so I just do a uncompressed archive or do it on fast compression.

lock_on

Jan 22, 2023
When I edit information in the movie detail, why did it sometimes not update the nfo file? I just noticed it these last few days. Sometimes when I fixed the title, rating or merge the actress, I couldn't do it from javluv, instead I need to edit it manually from the nfo file.