JavLuv JAV Browser

julian102

Feb 16, 2022
amazing apps, big props. is there a way to manually include movies that werent detected by the software?

Also is there a way to use the metadata javluv gave the movies within its own library in another software that has the capability to search thru genres and etc if the movie has its own meta data? im not sure

Last edited:

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
amazing apps, big props. is there a way to manually include movies that werent detected by the software?

Also is there a way to use the metadata javluv gave the movies within its own library in another software that has the capability to search thru genres and etc if the movie has its own meta data? im not sure

Thanks! In Settings, there's an option near the top "Generate metadata from local files if online resource is not found" which is off by default. Check that, then use the Scan Movies option again, and those movies should be added. You'll then have to edit the metadata yourself.

As far as searching, JavLuv has decent searching capabilities, and will search through title, actress names, genres, and a few other fields. Just try typing in what you're looking for. If you're wanting to search for something in your movie collection but can't figure out how to do it, let me know. I've already added some sorting and search capabilities based on user feedback.

The metadata format is actually Kodi compatible and is stored in external .nfo files next to the movies themselves, so there should be some other programs like that and Javinizer that could potentially search or use the metadata, although I haven't tried this myself. The format itself is well-documented XML/text, so you don't have to worry about that data getting locked into a proprietary format or anything.

Reactions: julian102

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Did you know that JavLuv can concatenate movies split into multiple parts? This occurred with JAV movies often enough I added this functionality to JavLuv for my own convenience.

1649138426543.png

Just click "Concatenate movies..," then select the movie parts to join, and click "Concatenate". Wait a few minutes, and you've got a single movie file.

1649138361446.png

maload

Jul 1, 2008
please do sort by " actress name " if you have time.
i always want to see the actress in the first place and then i start to check the ids of their movies

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
please do sort by " actress name " if you have time.
i always want to see the actress in the first place and then i start to check the ids of their movies
The latest version of JavLuv already supports this. I always update the first post in this thread with the latest links, so you can download it from there.

1649510926003.png

You can also auto-rename your collection using actress name as a parameter, like making a folder for each actress, etc..

maload

Jul 1, 2008
The latest version of JavLuv already supports this. I always update the first post in this thread with the latest links, so you can download it from there.

View attachment 2896846

You can also auto-rename your collection using actress name as a parameter, like making a folder for each actress, etc..
thank you

headcrusher

Oct 21, 2021
This is even better than I expected. The Play button feature is simply amazing.

Just one doubt. When I scan the files... is there a way to select the folder so it gets scanned from time to time? Like music players do. You select some folders where you have the music and the program checks if there's something new when you initialize it. If not I imagine I have to do it manually.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Scanning can only be done manually. However, the program does remember which folder you scanned last, so it should be a fairly painless process to quick re-scan when you have new movies.

I'll give some thought as to how automatic scanning might work, but no promises.

Reactions: headcrusher

dud

Mar 22, 2007
Trying to move movies to a different drive but getting this error.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    7 KB · Views: 2