JavLuv JAV Browser

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Not2srius

Jul 5, 2022
Did as you suggested and works great! I notice sometimes when right-clicking and choosing to import image, the image is actually there and just didn't import when scanning. And it's easy to search for missing cover images and import. Finally have a complete collection! Thanks again for your hard work.

Reactions: TmpGuy

weppin

Sep 11, 2008
Hi, I'm interested in a GUI-based JAV organizer and I'm eager to give yours a try. However after installing the latest version and upon running the program, I get an error message box saying "Fatal error. unhandled exception: the method or operation is not implemented."

The program GUI is open and visible, but not accessible, and closes upon clicking OK on the error message.

Any advice? Thanks.

TmpGuy

JavLuv author, lesbian connoisseur
Jun 1, 2013
Hi, I'm interested in a GUI-based JAV organizer and I'm eager to give yours a try. However after installing the latest version and upon running the program, I get an error message box saying "Fatal error. unhandled exception: the method or operation is not implemented."

The program GUI is open and visible, but not accessible, and closes upon clicking OK on the error message.

Any advice? Thanks.
Well, that's... not good. Shoot, I'm going to need more info than that. I'll let you know when I have an experimental build for you to download and try out, which should hopefully at least tell me which function it's crapping out on.

What version of Windows are you running, incidentally? This app relies on .NET 4.7.2, which should be available on all Windows 10 machines with the April 2018 Update applied. If you're running an older version of Windows, you might need to download and install that .NET runtime.

Yorin2

Dec 1, 2019
JavLuv has been updated with a few minor fixes and features:
  • Updated title censor filters
  • Auto-trim movie ID from front of titles
  • Improve consistency of initial folder selection
  • Add option to always show ID in thumbnail view
  • Fixed incorrect default actress filter (sorry Nonoka)
  • Added director filter

If you want to get the latest default filters, you'll need to Reset Settings to their default values (button at bottom of settings page), as JavLuv doesn't update your settings by default.

At some point, I'll probably add a special button to merge the latest filters, so you don't have to worry about losing any of your own filters, nor worry about resetting all the other settings to default values. It's on the to-do list with a bunch of other future improvements.

For existing titles, when you select all in thumbnail view and FilterMetadata, it will also trim IDs from front of titles. I noticed a few recent titles I scraped were doing this, so added this particular fix.

Latest installers are available here.

Thanks for your continued work on JavLuv! Have been using it for months now and I'm still super happy with it. The option of always showing the ID in the thumbnail is something I had been thinking about as well. Nice to see it implemented. I had also noticed that releases in 2022 often had the IDs in the title, been deleting it by hand until now. JavLuv just made managing my video library a bit easier again.

Perhaps you could consider adding tooltip info on mouse-over in the thumbnail view. On mouse-over you could display basic information on the movie that would otherwise only be accessible on the movie page. Like Actress Name/Release date/Label/Rating.

Yorin2

Dec 1, 2019
A peculiar issue has popped up after updating to the latest version. If I scan a certain directory, JavLuv insists on downloading metadata for 21 of the hundreds of video files in the folder, even though metadata (.nfo and .jpg) already exists for these videos (and JavLuv should only have generated metadata for the new files I copied to that directory).

If I then scan immediately again, the same thing happens for the same 21 videos. I can see in the video folder that the "Date modified" has changed for the .nfo files. Strangely enough any changes to metadata I have made myself are retained. So I guess the metadata was restored from backup (I have that option enabled in the settings). I just don't understand how and why JavLuv appears to download metadata for videos for which metadata already exists.

I am contemplating deleting the local cache, but I'm worried about losing metadata changes I have made (although the backup feature should prevent that from happening)

Below a part of the log for one of the videos for which metadata was unnecessarily downloaded (and will continue to be downloaded every time I scan):

overrideAddToLibrary=False

01/08/2022 21:50:42 : Info : Scanner automatically detected movie ID SOE-489
01/08/2022 21:50:42 : Info : Movie: Kurokawa Kirara - SOE-489.mp4
01/08/2022 21:50:42 : Info : Cover: Kurokawa Kirara - SOE-489.jpg

01/08/2022 21:50:54 : Info : Attempting to scrape metadata for SOE-489
01/08/2022 21:50:54 : Info : Scraping website for metadata and cover art: https://www.javdatabase.com/movies/soe-489/
01/08/2022 21:50:54 : Info : Scraping website for metadata and cover art: https://www.javlibrary.com/en/vl_searchbyid.php?keyword=SOE-489
01/08/2022 21:50:54 : Info : Scraping website for metadata and cover art: https://www.javlibrary.com/en/./?v=javliprftu
01/08/2022 21:50:54 : Info : Metadata for SOE-489 successfully downloaded

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
A peculiar issue has popped up after updating to the latest version. If I scan a certain directory, JavLuv insists on downloading metadata for 21 of the hundreds of video files in the folder, even though metadata (.nfo and .jpg) already exists for these videos (and JavLuv should only have generated metadata for the new files I copied to that directory).

If I then scan immediately again, the same thing happens for the same 21 videos. I can see in the video folder that the "Date modified" has changed for the .nfo files. Strangely enough any changes to metadata I have made myself are retained. So I guess the metadata was restored from backup (I have that option enabled in the settings). I just don't understand how and why JavLuv appears to download metadata for videos for which metadata already exists.

I am contemplating deleting the local cache, but I'm worried about losing metadata changes I have made (although the backup feature should prevent that from happening)

Below a part of the log for one of the videos for which metadata was unnecessarily downloaded (and will continue to be downloaded every time I scan):

overrideAddToLibrary=False

01/08/2022 21:50:42 : Info : Movie: Kurokawa Kirara - SOE-489.mp4
01/08/2022 21:50:42 : Info : Cover: Kurokawa Kirara - SOE-489.jpg

01/08/2022 21:50:54 : Info : Attempting to scrape metadata for SOE-489
01/08/2022 21:50:54 : Info : Scraping website for metadata and cover art: https://www.javdatabase.com/movies/soe-489/
01/08/2022 21:50:54 : Info : Scraping website for metadata and cover art: https://www.javlibrary.com/en/vl_searchbyid.php?keyword=SOE-489
01/08/2022 21:50:54 : Info : Scraping website for metadata and cover art: https://www.javlibrary.com/en/./?v=javliprftu
01/08/2022 21:50:54 : Info : Metadata for SOE-489 successfully downloaded

I've got a hypothesis about what might be happening here. I think there's a bug in how JavLuv deals with scanning files when they're all in a single large folder. The original design assumed that each movie and all related files were in their own folders. Later, I added support for multiple movies per file, but I don't think the solution ended up being very robust (I think some previous issues Not2srious was having might be related).

And, you're correct, the auto-restore feature is fortunately preserving whatever changes you made to the metadata (which is exactly why I added that feature). I don't think this is an issue with the cache, since you're seeing the movie in JavLuv. It actually uses the cache data for display, not the .nfo file data.

I'm going to have to add some more logging in a new version to confirm my hypothesis, and if you don't mind, I'll have you install that, then scan that folder again and send me the logs. Once I've confirmed what the issue is, I can figure out the best way to fix this.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013

I've added a small fix that I believe may improve the reliability of the scanner, as well as speeding up the scanning process for larger collections.

Would you mind installing this experimental build and seeing if this fixes the issue you're having?

Setup_JavLuv.msi
JavLuv.zip

Not2srius

Jul 5, 2022
I've added a small fix that I believe may improve the reliability of the scanner, as well as speeding up the scanning process for larger collections.

Would you mind installing this experimental build and seeing if this fixes the issue you're having?

Setup_JavLuv.msi
JavLuv.zip
Do I need to uninstall first or simply run new version?

Not2srius

Jul 5, 2022
You can just install or run the new version.
okay. Will try. a nice feature would be a count of the total number of movies. That way, I could compare with my directory to make sure all are being imported.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
okay. Will try. a nice feature would be a count of the total number of movies. That way, I could compare with my directory to make sure all are being imported.
Count is displayed in lower right corner.

weppin

Sep 11, 2008
Well, that's... not good. Shoot, I'm going to need more info than that. I'll let you know when I have an experimental build for you to download and try out, which should hopefully at least tell me which function it's crapping out on.

What version of Windows are you running, incidentally? This app relies on .NET 4.7.2, which should be available on all Windows 10 machines with the April 2018 Update applied. If you're running an older version of Windows, you might need to download and install that .NET runtime.
My Windows ver is 10 Pro 21H1 build 19043.1826. I do have NET 4.7.2 ("or better", according to the installer) installed.

FWIW I installed the newest experimental build linked just above, and I get the same error.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
My Windows ver is 10 Pro 21H1 build 19043.1826. I do have NET 4.7.2 ("or better", according to the installer) installed.

FWIW I installed the newest experimental build linked just above, and I get the same error.
I'm still trying to figure out what's going on there. So, yeah, there should no issues with your pre-requisites. I'll let you know when I have a build that gives a bit more info as to what you might be experiencing at startup.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013

I've got a new build for you to try. Hopefully it should give a bit more info about the error we're seeing, so maybe that will spark some ideas. Also, in case it's not a fatal error, I don't force the app to close in this build. It may or may not crash anyhow, but worth a try.

Setup_JavLuv.msi
JavLuv.zip

Anyhow, run it and let me know what it says (a screenshot might be needed to capture it all).

Reactions: weppin

weppin

Sep 11, 2008
I've got a new build for you to try. Hopefully it should give a bit more info about the error we're seeing, so maybe that will spark some ideas. Also, in case it's not a fatal error, I don't force the app to close in this build. It may or may not crash anyhow, but worth a try.

Setup_JavLuv.msi
JavLuv.zip

Anyhow, run it and let me know what it says (a screenshot might be needed to capture it all).
OK it runs perfectly and no crash! I've only scanned a teensy folder with 75 titles and it seems to be working as expected. Hurray!

So my only question now is, what exactly are the features of your program? I see I can sort by title, ID, or actress, which is nice.

But what I've been after since forever is the ability to sort by *tag*. Especially perhaps, JAVLibrary tags, and possibly even customized user tags.

Also some sort of sidebar menu would be useful, with lists of the sorted data, so, a clickable list of all actresses names, and multi-selectable, to find titles with any two actresses, for example.

Any options for that? At least it's working, though, that's the first step, and thank you for that.

Not2srius

Jul 5, 2022
OK it runs perfectly and no crash! I've only scanned a teensy folder with 75 titles and it seems to be working as expected. Hurray!

So my only question now is, what exactly are the features of your program? I see I can sort by title, ID, or actress, which is nice.

But what I've been after since forever is the ability to sort by *tag*. Especially perhaps, JAVLibrary tags, and possibly even customized user tags.

Also some sort of sidebar menu would be useful, with lists of the sorted data, so, a clickable list of all actresses names, and multi-selectable, to find titles with any two actresses, for example.

Any options for that? At least it's working, though, that's the first step, and thank you for that.
I was thinking the same thing. When JavLuv goes out and "scrapes" metadata, what fields are included? I've attached a representative movie listing and I see all the various fields including tags/genres. Just curious as to how hard it would be to search with that info. Click on Rika Fujishita and JavLuv would list all her movies in my collection, for example. And, as mentioned by weppin, adding searchable tags of our own.

Attachments

• Screenshot (87).png
    Screenshot (87).png
    1.6 MB · Views: 75

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013

Erk. To be honest, I don't understand why this new version is working for you. I literally didn't do anything except to report a bit more information in the error dialog. I'm a little worried that the next version I release may not work. I mean, I'm glad it's working, but I really need to know WHY. For now, hold onto the current installer, since this version is working for you. So, fair warning that the underlying issue may not really be solved yet.

JavLuv determines ID from your file names, and then scrapes Title, Release Date, Studio, Label, Director, Actress Names, and Genre tags from several websites. These are then all filtered according to custom substitution rules which you can adjust in Settings. If you want to change any of these or add to the set of rules, they will be applied to any new titles you scrape. You can also run these filters manually by selecting all movies in the browser view (Ctrl-A selects all), then right-clicking and selecting Filter Metadata from the menu.

The closest I have to general-purpose "tags" is the "genre" field. Anything you want can be added there, and can be searched for, either by itself or in combination with anything else. In fact, ALL metadata in the detail view is editable (and searchable). Just click and edit. Any changes you make will both be stored in the associated .nfo file, as well as a backup file, in case you either accidentally delete or regenerate the .nfo data.

If you'll note the search bar on the left side of the program in browser view, you can just type in any title, actress name, genre tag, studio, or even ID you want to search for. If you need an exact search of multiple words, just put them in double quotes. Like, you can search for all movies with "Yui Hatano". Or, just type in any combination of words to search for movies that have all of those words in part or whole. Or if you want to find movies with two actresses, just type them both in.

A few other quick tips. You can launch a movie from the browser view by right clicking on a single selected movie, right-click and select play. Even easier, just hit spacebar to launch a selected movie.

Play around with what's there, and let me know if you have any suggestions. I've still got a list of features I'm hoping to add at some point, and will work on JavLuv as I have time and energy to do so.

Last edited:
Reactions: weppin

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
I was thinking the same thing. When JavLuv goes out and "scrapes" metadata, what fields are included? I've attached a representative movie listing and I see all the various fields including tags/genres. Just curious as to how hard it would be to search with that info. Click on Rika Fujishita and JavLuv would list all her movies in my collection, for example. And, as mentioned by weppin, adding searchable tags of our own.

The info you see in the detail view is everything that's been scraped and then filtered by the substitution tables in the Settings. You can change any or all of those freely, as well as manually editing any of the metadata yourself.

To search by any of that info throughout your collection, just type in the Search bar off to the left. It searches through all metadata in all your movies. As you type, it will display all the matches in the browser view. If you want to search by more than one criteria, just type in multiple words. Put double-quotes around any set of words you want to search for as a group.

weppin

Sep 11, 2008
I'm getting the hang of your program. First let me say it's fabulous simply because it works, automatically, like computer programs are supposed to! I had struggled with Javinizer which had WAY too many roadblocks, and I am by no means a noob. Definitly a power user.

Additions I'd like to see in Javluv are these :

- clickable content in the info panels - i.e. click a name of an actress and instantly jump to a search of all titles including her. This could be a toggleable on/off feature maybe, to still enable simple select/copy functionality

- export results to a Javlibrary/JavDB/etc account. This would be HUGE.

- ability to display and search contents of local folders. This would be another VERY big addition to file management.

- Would LOVE a "play random movie" button!!!!

Bugs to report:
- some labels seem to be unscannable, "SHE" label, for instance, seems to consistently report as unscrapable

Overall though I'm still very satisfied with your program! I've only catalogued a fraction of my collection - maybe 20% - and it already shows as 1,000+ titles. So once again thank you for making a program that actually works doing this!!