JavLuv JAV Browser

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

TmpGuy

JavLuv author, lesbian connoisseur
Jun 1, 2013
JavLuv actually does make an attempt to store aliases if they're known by the websites being scraped. At the moment, though, they're not actually displayed in JavLuv, but you can still search by them. At some point, I'm hoping to implement an actress database and viewer in JavLuv, which will make it a bit easier to manage aliases, as well as show other information about each actress.

For the moment, one thing you can do is set up Actress filters, to help automatically rename old aliases to an actress' current name. Put the alias name first, then an equals sign, and what you want it to be renamed to last. Each filter should be separated by a semicolon. You can set up any number of these filters yourself, and manually filter them any time you wish. Just select all thumbnails, right-click, and choose Filter metadata.

If you set up any of these filters, feel free to send me a list, and I can add them to the JavLuv default filters. Speaking of which, I think I actually have one of those filters reversed. It appears Momoka Katou is an old alias for Nonoka Sato (real name, currently in use). Better get that fixed.

maload

Jul 1, 2008
JavLuv actually does make an attempt to store aliases if they're known by the websites being scraped. At the moment, though, they're not actually displayed in JavLuv, but you can still search by them. At some point, I'm hoping to implement an actress database and viewer in JavLuv, which will make it a bit easier to manage aliases, as well as show other information about each actress.

For the moment, one thing you can do is set up Actress filters, to help automatically rename old aliases to an actress' current name. Put the alias name first, then an equals sign, and what you want it to be renamed to last. Each filter should be separated by a semicolon. You can set up any number of these filters yourself, and manually filter them any time you wish. Just select all thumbnails, right-click, and choose Filter metadata.

If you set up any of these filters, feel free to send me a list, and I can add them to the JavLuv default filters. Speaking of which, I think I actually have one of those filters reversed. It appears Momoka Katou is an old alias for Nonoka Sato (real name, currently in use). Better get that fixed.
thank you

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
JavLuv has been updated with a few minor fixes and features:
  • Updated title censor filters
  • Auto-trim movie ID from front of titles
  • Improve consistency of initial folder selection
  • Add option to always show ID in thumbnail view
  • Fixed incorrect default actress filter (sorry Nonoka)
  • Added director filter

If you want to get the latest default filters, you'll need to Reset Settings to their default values (button at bottom of settings page), as JavLuv doesn't update your settings by default.

At some point, I'll probably add a special button to merge the latest filters, so you don't have to worry about losing any of your own filters, nor worry about resetting all the other settings to default values. It's on the to-do list with a bunch of other future improvements.

For existing titles, when you select all in thumbnail view and FilterMetadata, it will also trim IDs from front of titles. I noticed a few recent titles I scraped were doing this, so added this particular fix.

Latest installers are available here.

Not2srius

Jul 5, 2022
Please help with JavLuv install. I had installed it and scanned and had two issues: 1) cover art was (mostly) absent, maybe 40 covers out of 700 files; 2) It was listing some deleted and/or incomplete files as well.

I cleaned up that directory by deleting old files and also deleting all the .ngo files that were created. I deleted the local cache.I then reinstalled JavLuv and did a scan of that directory on my external drive. Now nothing at all is showing up.

Any suggestions? I would love to use your software.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Could you post your JavLuv log file? There's a button down near the bottom of the Settings page which zips it up and copies the file to a destination folder. You can then attach it here or send it to me via private message, and I'll help try to figure out what's going on.

JavLuv still has plenty of bugs to work out, so it may not be necessarily anything you did wrong. That should at least give me a clue to start with.

Not2srius

Jul 5, 2022
Could you post your JavLuv log file? There's a button down near the bottom of the Settings page which zips it up and copies the file to a destination folder. You can then attach it here or send it to me via private message, and I'll help try to figure out what's going on.

JavLuv still has plenty of bugs to work out, so it may not be necessarily anything you did wrong. That should at least give me a clue to start with.

Attachments

• JavLuv.log.zip
    125.4 KB · Views: 74

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Thanks for the log.

I had previously thought I spotted what was going on in the log, but when testing, I'm having no trouble downloading images for a selection of the movies I saw being scanned in your log file. I'm not quite sure why you're not seeing cover images. I may need to add some more logging to see what's going on.

I can at least reproduce the issue where if you clear everything and rescan, nothing shows up. It appears the movies do show up if you close and reopen JavLuv, but that's still kind of weird.

I'll let you know when I figure out what's going on.

Last edited:

maload

Jul 1, 2008
i use to have this problem.
at that moment, its because i have some .nfo file in the folder ( its create by some program such as javnizer )
i play with lots for program for fun.
when i delete the ,nfo file then javluv do workig with scraping image from the net

Not2srius

Jul 5, 2022
Thanks for the log.

I had previously thought I spotted what was going on in the log, but when testing, I'm having no trouble downloading images for a selection of the movies I saw being scanned in your log file. I'm not quite sure why you're not seeing cover images. I may need to add some more logging to see what's going on.

I can at least reproduce the issue where if you clear everything and rescan, nothing shows up. It appears the movies do show up if you close and reopen JavLuv, but that's still kind of weird.

I'll let you know when I figure out what's going on.
Not sure if this is useful, but this is how I've been storing files. And a screen shot of my JavLuv.

Attachments

• Screenshot (22).png
    Screenshot (22).png
    359 KB · Views: 107
  • Screenshot (23).png
    Screenshot (23).png
    419.1 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Oh, that's intersting. Have you noticed that it's only showing the movie covers in sub-folders? I'll see if I can replicate what's going on here and figure out a solution.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
i use to have this problem.
at that moment, its because i have some .nfo file in the folder ( its create by some program such as javnizer )
i play with lots for program for fun.
when i delete the ,nfo file then javluv do workig with scraping image from the net
Yeah, that's a known issue I plan to fix at some point. If you've already got .nfo metadata, JavLuv won't download covers for them. It will only do it at the same time it's scraping metadata from the web.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Not sure if this is useful, but this is how I've been storing files. And a screen shot of my JavLuv.

I'm still working on the issue, but haven't quite figured out what's going on. I did find and fix one bug that was preventing display of titles when the cache was not available on startup. I've got a new version of JavLuv listed on the first post, so go ahead and download from there if you want to keep trying to figure this out.

From what I can see, JavLuv is successfully downloading both metadata and cover images. If you open those cover images, do they look valid? If so, I just can't figure out at the moment why the covers aren't showing. It's rather frustrating.

I'd try a few different things.
  • Turn off "automatically restore from backups" in Settings.
  • Select all thumbnails, right-click, and Regenerate Metadata (available with Advanced Options checked)
  • After deleting cache, try turn off Scan Recursively before Recanning Movies
  • Try make a new folder with a small subset of your movies, and see if scanning those works.
If nothing else works, we might try deleting the App's settings directory completely and retrying a scan. It's in C:/Users/YourUserName/AppData/Local/JavLuv. Note that AppData is a hidden folder. You can safely delete this folder, and JavLuv should just revert to default values.

Let me know if anything you try has any sort of effect. I'm hoping we spot something that at least gives me a clue. After you try things out, feel free to post a new log, and I'll take a look again.

Last edited:

Not2srius

Jul 5, 2022
I'm still working on the issue, but haven't quite figured out what's going on. I did find and fix one bug that was preventing display of titles when the cache was not available on startup. I've got a new version of JavLuv listed on the first post, so go ahead and download from there if you want to keep trying to figure this out.

From what I can see, JavLuv is successfully downloading both metadata and cover images. If you open those cover images, do they look valid? If so, I just can't figure out at the moment why the covers aren't showing. It's rather frustrating.

I'd try a few different things.
  • Turn off "automatically restore from backups" in Settings.
  • Select all thumbnails, right-click, and Regenerate Metadata (available with Advanced Options checked)
  • After deleting cache, try turn off Scan Recursively before Recanning Movies
  • Try make a new folder with a small subset of your movies, and see if scanning those works.
If nothing else works, we might try deleting the App's settings directory completely and retrying a scan. It's in C:/Users/YourUserName/AppData/Local/JavLuv. Note that AppData is a hidden folder. You can safely delete this folder, and JavLuv should just revert to default values.

Let me know if anything you try has any sort of effect. I'm hoping we spot something that at least gives me a clue. After you try things out, feel free to post a new log, and I'll take a look again.
I've had success with JavLuv. I segregated files from my big directory into sub-directories and that did the trick. Now I'm trying to clean up metadata issues. Great product! Thanks for all your hard work.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
I've had success with JavLuv. I segregated files from my big directory into sub-directories and that did the trick. Now I'm trying to clean up metadata issues. Great product! Thanks for all your hard work.
I'm really glad to hear it's working for you now.

If you ever figure out exactly which combination of files or folders were confusing JavLuv, let me know. in theory, it's supposed to be able to handle just about any combination of files and folder, no matter how they're organized (as long as the movie IDs are embedded in the names), but it clearly got thrown off by something.

Not2srius

Jul 5, 2022
I'm really glad to hear it's working for you now.

If you ever figure out exactly which combination of files or folders were confusing JavLuv, let me know. in theory, it's supposed to be able to handle just about any combination of files and folder, no matter how they're organized (as long as the movie IDs are embedded in the names), but it clearly got thrown off by something.
My guess is the combination of videos within separate folders vs the standalone video files was the issue. Not sure. One issue I still have is that while 95% of the covers are now displaying, 5% aren't and being the completist I am, I would like to know how to add the necessary photo/metadata to cure that?

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
So the metadata was found and the movies were added, but only the cover isn't shown? Did you notice if the covers were actually downloaded or not?

I typically just download the covers myself, and if they have the name "cover", "title", or "poster" in the filename (adjustable in Settings), JavLuv should recognize them as a cover image. If more than one movie/cover is in the folder you're scanning, of course you'll need the ID in the name as well.

There's actually a function to import covers in the detail page, which was designed to replace an existing cover. But to activate that, you have to right-click on an existing cover. I didn't think about the case of importing a new cover.

I'll make a change tonight to allow you to import a new cover if the image doesn't exist yet. Then you should be able to just right click and import.

Not2srius

Jul 5, 2022
So the metadata was found and the movies were added, but only the cover isn't shown? Did you notice if the covers were actually downloaded or not?

I typically just download the covers myself, and if they have the name "cover", "title", or "poster" in the filename (adjustable in Settings), JavLuv should recognize them as a cover image. If more than one movie/cover is in the folder you're scanning, of course you'll need the ID in the name as well.

There's actually a function to import covers in the detail page, which was designed to replace an existing cover. But to activate that, you have to right-click on an existing cover. I didn't think about the case of importing a new cover.

I'll make a change tonight to allow you to import a new cover if the image doesn't exist yet. Then you should be able to just right click and import.
Cool thanks. Yes, I searched for the cover and have renamed it with the same code as the movie.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
I've added an option to manually import cover images from the browser view.

You must have Show advanced options checked in Settings. Right-click on a single image and you should be able to import a new image. The image you select will be moved next to and renamed identically to the associated movie. Be aware that any existing cover image will be deleted in favor of the new imported image.

Not2srius

Jul 5, 2022
I've added an option to manually import cover images from the browser view.

You must have Show advanced options checked in Settings. Right-click on a single image and you should be able to import a new image. The image you select will be moved next to and renamed identically to the associated movie. Be aware that any existing cover image will be deleted in favor of the new imported image.
Does this feature necessitate downloading the latest version of JavLuv, deleting current version, and reinstalling?

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Yes, you need to download the latest version. If you used the installer, you can just install on top of the current version. It will upgrade appropriately for you.