JavLuv JAV Browser

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

TmpGuy

JavLuv author, lesbian connoisseur
Jun 1, 2013
Thanks for the updated version of JavLuv. Was eager to test it out, but unfortunately it crashes immediately on start-up. It installs no problem, but on start-up it doesn't even make it into the main page. There is also no error message displayed other than the generic "JavLuv has stopped working". This message only appears on first start-up after installation. Every subsequent start-up results in a short flash on the screen and then nothing. Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Oh, damn. This is the first time you've installed and run it, right? I'm pretty sure I know what's going on. Anyone who just upgraded an existing installation (like me, obviously) should be fine.

Ironically enough, it's crashing because of the new logging system I put in, which is designed to let me track down errors more easily. I think it crashes before the global error handler is initialized, so it bleeds out and causes the entire app to crash.

Thanks for reporting this - that event viewer log was extremely helpful. I should have a patch for this available shortly.

Reactions: Yorin2

hampalang

Sep 20, 2010
Here's my log and I'm using my laptop now with my office connection. Somehow still unable to scrape from these websites. Looking at the log, something is preventing my connection to the website which is weird because I have no problem accessing into all 4 websites. My ISP is not blocking them though.

Attachments

• JavLuv.txt
    19.6 KB · Views: 111

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Here's my log and I'm using my laptop now with my office connection. Somehow still unable to scrape from these websites. Looking at the log, something is preventing my connection to the website which is weird because I have no problem accessing into all 4 websites. My ISP is not blocking them though.

Okay, thanks. That at least gives me a place to start looking. I figured it was some sort of net connection failure, but now I have a specific place to start searching. I'll let you know if I have a new experimental build for you to try.

Thanks for helping me to debug this issue.

hampalang

Sep 20, 2010
Okay, thanks. That at least gives me a place to start looking. I figured it was some sort of net connection failure, but now I have a specific place to start searching. I'll let you know if I have a new experimental build for you to try.

Thanks for helping me to debug this issue.
I found out the issue haha. I think these website were blocked by my ISP and I am able to access them via DNS. So...yeah. Sorry for the trouble caused.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
I found out the issue haha. I think these website were blocked by my ISP and I am able to access them via DNS. So...yeah. Sorry for the trouble caused.
No problem. Glad you figured it out. Besides, no harm in adding more diagnostics to Javluv.

Yorin2

Dec 1, 2019
That did the trick. Works beautifully again! I'm really liking the new features.

I did in fact upgrade from an existing installation, just not from the "experimental/test build" you put out with the logging system. I upgraded from the version before that, without any logging in it. When that didn't work I uninstalled and tried a clean install, but this obviously didn't work either. I never thought about installing the test build first and upgrade from that, but I understand from your explanation that that would have been the way to go. In any case, thanks for sorting it out so quickly!

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
I found a bug in the automatic move / rename feature. If you're using this feature, I'd recommend you delete your cache and rescan your files to fix a small discrepancy in the way folder names are stored in the cache. The discrepancy may cause other functions to fail (for instance, using the "move to folder" commend), but only affects the cache data, not your files or metadata.

TL;DR If you're using move / rename, please delete your cache and rescan your files after you upgrade to this version.

Windows installer:
https://filejoker.net/ta5r7skgniby/Setup_JavLuv.msi

Portable/zipped:
https://filejoker.net/ty2cj41p2cnu/JavLuv.zip

Alternate download:
JavLuv.zip
Setup_JavLuv.msi

dud

Mar 22, 2007
Is it possible to add a "Play Video" option when right clicking on an image on the main screen? Instead of having to double click into the image and click on play video from there?

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Is it possible to add a "Play Video" option when right clicking on an image on the main screen? Instead of having to double click into the image and click on play video from there?
Good idea. I've already added this to the next update.

Reactions: dud

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Added a few new features, UI cleanup, and some bug fixes for this update.
  • Movies can now be played from thumbnail view via right-click context menu or by selecting a movie and hitting spacebar
  • All metadata is now automatically backed up in the AppData folder, and is automatically restored if the option is selected to do so in Settings
  • UI updates
    • Several destructive operations are now hidden behind the "Show advanced options" checkbox in Settings
    • Removed the "Overwrite metadata" option for scanner.
    • Added "Scan recursively" option for scanner.
    • Move / rename feature must now be explicitly be enabled via a checkbox in Settings. If not checked, all move / rename settings fields are disabled.
    • If move / rename is not enabled, the "Move / rename after scan" checkbox is hidden
  • Bug fixes
    • Fixed another folder-related bug in cache after using move / rename
    • Fixed a bug related to move / rename after scan while image thumbnails are refreshing
    • Fixed potential crash in logger on shutdown
    • Movie resolutions are now preserved after rescanning movies

Windows installer:
https://filejoker.net/45ocnmdf1v71/Setup_JavLuv.msi

Portable/zipped:
https://filejoker.net/bfu8a5zyx9uu/JavLuv.zip

Alternate download:
JavLuv.zip
Setup_JavLuv.msi

Edit: There was a small mistake that prevented the move / rename settings from being visually disabled. It doesn't really affect anything, so I'm just updating the binaries with a fixed version.

Last edited:

Yorin2

Dec 1, 2019
Being able to start a movie from the main screen is an improvement I didn't know I wanted. I did know I wanted a backup of metadata and I'm happy you were able to implement it so quickly. JavLuv keeps getting better and better!

Just one question, what does "Scan recursively" do exactly?

By the way, is it just me that notices the scrolling on the main page to be very sensitive? I'm on a laptop and use the trackpad. Compared to scrolling in Explorer, the scrolling in JavLuv is much more sensitive. This trips me up every time I switch between Explorer and JavLuv,

Last edited:

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Being able to start a movie from the main screen is an improvement I didn't know I wanted. I did know I wanted a backup of metadata and I'm happy you were able to implement it so quickly. JavLuv keeps getting better and better!

Just one question, what does "Scan recursively" do exactly?

By the way, is it just me that notices the scrolling on the main page to be very sensitive? I'm on a laptop and use the trackpad. Compared to scrolling in Explorer, the scrolling in JavLuv is much more sensitive. This trips me up every time I switch between Explorer and JavLuv,

I agree - until someone mentioned it, I didn't think of playing from the browser either. I'm also looking into implementing a manual backup of metadata and cover images as well, but between this and the ability to turn off destructive options, I think metadata is now a lot safer. I'm also still investigating the idea of keeping metadata and images hidden as an option.

When "scan recursively" is checked, it scans all subfolders below the current selected folder. Would it be easier to understand as "Scan subfolders" perhaps? This was the feature you requested earlier, I believe.

As for scrolling sensitivity, I think I set the scroll speed to scroll down a bit less than half the height of a thumbnail per tick of the mouse wheel, which felt about right to me. I'm not really sure how that relates to scrolling with a trackpad. I think I could probably just add a slider in Settings if people would like to adjust the scroll speed.

Yorin2

Dec 1, 2019
I did make that request, but didn't make the connection based on the naming of the option. "Scan subfolders" would be less ambiguous to me.

If I make a conscious effort to scroll minimally using my trackpad (which is a standard Windows precision trackpad) the scroll speed is the height of 3 to 4 thumbnails. So I move down at least 3 thumbnails for any scrolling I try to do. I notice myself reaching for the arrow keys when I am navigating the main page, to avoid unexpectedly landing far down the overview and losing my bearings. A slider to manage scroll speed would be welcome.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Sounds good. I'll go ahead and rename the option then. "Recursive" is a bit of a programmer-ish term, I guess.

I'm not really why you're scrolling is so fast. That's almost as far as when you click in the scrollbar below or above the thumb control, which is supposed to jump a page at a time. Will investigate if that's a known issue, or what. Maybe there's a different scroll value used exclusively for touch controls? If not, I'll perhaps put a scroll sensitivity slider on the to-do list as well. Should be fairly straightforward to do that, I think.

Last edited:

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
standard Windows precision trackpad) the scroll speed is the height of 3 to 4 thumbnails.
It turns out the Windows precision trackpad is an "ultra precision device", and the UI framework JavLuv uses doesn't support those, so had to implement a bit of a workaround. I've created an experimental build for you to try. Could you test it out and see if scrolling using your trackpad feels better?

https://filejoker.net/ahapfmei8bil/JavLuv(experimental).zip

Yorin2

Dec 1, 2019
The trackpad scrolling feels much better now. This workaround you implemented makes all the difference!

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
The trackpad scrolling feels much better now. This workaround you implemented makes all the difference!
Excellent, thanks for testing that out. I'll make sure that patch is part of the next update.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013

kuakuizt

Mar 17, 2022
this app is helpful, but maybe we need database in folder pack and downloadable, so we can download latest cover and description faster than direct download to sites.
thank you.