JavLuv JAV Browser

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

hampalang

Sep 20, 2010
Thanks for this. Downloading it to give it a try.

Just a suggestion. If you can make it similar to JAVmovieScraper, you will find a lot of ppl getting it even if it is not free. We all love JAVmovieScraper because it's easy to use with friendly GUI and not some coding scraper. Shame its not maintain. If you can have similar product, put a small fee on it and I'm sure you can make a small fortune out of it.

hampalang

Sep 20, 2010
Unexpected error when generating metadata
Exception: One or more errors occurred.
Folder: D:\Download\MP4\New folder
Files: JUL-851.mp4

Hmmm what am I doing wrongly?

TmpGuy

JavLuv author, lesbian connoisseur
Jun 1, 2013
Unexpected error when generating metadata
Exception: One or more errors occurred.
Files: JUL-851.mp4

Hmmm what am I doing wrongly?
I don't think you're necessarily doing anything wrong. I tried duplicating the movie you were scanning, and even the folder structure, and it worked fine for me.

Based on the error, I think maybe the web scraper is throwing an error I haven't seen before. Looking at the code, I think I need to handle that better so a single error from one site doesn't necessarily cause the rest of the scraping operation and metadata to fail. I'll see if I can improve the error handling, and will post a new build for you to try when that's ready.

Also, just FYI, I have no interest in charging money for JavLuv. I earn plenty of money at my day job. This is just a hobby project, so I don't mind sharing it with everyone for free.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013

hampalang

Sep 20, 2010
I don't think you're necessarily doing anything wrong. I tried duplicating the movie you were scanning, and even the folder structure, and it worked fine for me.

Based on the error, I think maybe the web scraper is throwing an error I haven't seen before. Looking at the code, I think I need to handle that better so a single error from one site doesn't necessarily cause the rest of the scraping operation and metadata to fail. I'll see if I can improve the error handling, and will post a new build for you to try when that's ready.

Also, just FYI, I have no interest in charging money for JavLuv. I earn plenty of money at my day job. This is just a hobby project, so I don't mind sharing it with everyone for free.
Oh thanks. I don't mean charging to earn a living but more of a motivation to keep improving the app. If people willing to pay for JavLuv, it's also a testament how good it is.

I still get the same error even with diff files.

Unable to find online metadata for SSIS-317
Files: SSIS-317.mp4 SSIS-318.mp4

Unable to find online metadata for SSIS-318

Do I need to adjust any settings first before I scan?

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Oh thanks. I don't mean charging to earn a living but more of a motivation to keep improving the app. If people willing to pay for JavLuv, it's also a testament how good it is.

No, there are no settings that should affect this. It appears that something is throwing an error when attempting to scan websites for metadata. Is there anything unusual about your internet connection that would block access to websites like:

https://www.javlibrary.com/en/?v=javme4aa4u
https://www.javdatabase.com/movies/ssis-317/
https://www.jav.land/en/movie/javp10e06v3.html

Maybe some firewall, anti-virus software, anything like that you can think of? I'm seeing JavLuv download metadata and cover images for those files with no problems or errors.

1645351658844.png

Clearly, it's experiencing some error in your case. Notice how the error is slightly different, indicating that I'm at least catching the error in the scanners, even if I don't know what it is. It's falling back to the standard "I couldn't find that movie online", which clearly shouldn't be happening. I think I'm going to have to log more detailed information about what the error is before I can even begin to figure out what's going on. In general, it seems like I'm simply not able to access anything online.

I did notice that JavLuv did download particularly small thumbnails for all three movies, which is odd, considering there are better quality images available. Will have to look into that.

If you're willing to help me keep debugging this, I'll work on another build that reports the correct error more precisely, which may offer a clue as to why you can't access this information online.

hampalang

Sep 20, 2010
No, there are no settings that should affect this. It appears that something is throwing an error when attempting to scan websites for metadata. Is there anything unusual about your internet connection that would block access to websites like:

https://www.javlibrary.com/en/?v=javme4aa4u
https://www.javdatabase.com/movies/ssis-317/
https://www.jav.land/en/movie/javp10e06v3.html

Maybe some firewall, anti-virus software, anything like that you can think of? I'm seeing JavLuv download metadata and cover images for those files with no problems or errors.

View attachment 2855542

Clearly, it's experiencing some error in your case. Notice how the error is slightly different, indicating that I'm at least catching the error in the scanners, even if I don't know what it is. It's falling back to the standard "I couldn't find that movie online", which clearly shouldn't be happening. I think I'm going to have to log more detailed information about what the error is before I can even begin to figure out what's going on. In general, it seems like I'm simply not able to access anything online.

I did notice that JavLuv did download particularly small thumbnails for all three movies, which is odd, considering there are better quality images available. Will have to look into that.

If you're willing to help me keep debugging this, I'll work on another build that reports the correct error more precisely, which may offer a clue as to why you can't access this information online.
I can open the website on my browser. Not sure what's the problem. Added the program into firewall exception, changed cloudflare dns and tried both installer and portable. I dont use anti virus either. I'll try with my laptop later.

Yorin2

Dec 1, 2019
Yeah, this can be a little tricky due to JavLuv caching the cover art. I've been thinking that maybe it would be good to have functionality on the detail page to browse for and replace cover files. Like: "Import new cover art" menu if you right-click or something. This would be especially important if I add an option to store cover art in a somewhat hidden location.

I haven't figured out a good way to deal with DVD-ID collisions. That may be a long-term projects, as it will likely involve a substantial bit of reworking the web-scraping code. But for now, on those rare occasions, people can just manually edit the metadata.
I agree, manually updating the metadata in the rare case of a DVD-ID collision is fine. It would already be an improvement if you could update the coverart from within JavLuv, I also had a few more cases where JavLuv scraped postage stamp size coverart that I wanted to replace with something more high-res and I expect other users to run into this as well.

So I think something similar could be done for the Genre tags as well. I could store them in a backup file, and if you ever re-download metadata and there are already genre tags in that backup file, then it would replace them with the backup data.
This would be an improvement, but ideally this should apply to all metadata because of for instance these DVD-ID collisions (a re-download re-introduces these errors). I also updated for instance titles or release dates, when there was wrong or missing data even if JavLuv initially identified the movie correctly.

I do appreciate how easy it is for someone like me to shoot off ideas and how quickly things get complicated when it needs to get turned into robust code. Especially considering that you are sharing JavLuv out of kindness and don't owe us anything. So I'm happy to save my metadata in a back-up folder so I can restore manually should the need arise.

Sure, simple enough. Is this an option you'd want to set and leave set (like in Settings)? Or do you want a toggle above the Scan button? I'd prefer not to let the side-panel get too busy, but will consider this.
I had a sub-folder in one of my movie folders where I saved scenes that I wanted to keep, from movies that I didn't want to keep as a whole. I had to move this folder to avoid JavLuv from adding the scenes to the library. Taking into consideration that I am not the only user of JavLuv, I think having it as a toggle above the Scan Button makes for the most predictable behaviour of the tool, at the expense of a slightly busier side-panel.

In case it wasn't already clear. I went from checking out JavLuv real quickly, fully expecting to delete it immediately afterwards, to being a committed fan. All in the space of a few days. It is amazingly easy to use with a very quick and responsive UI.

The only feature I haven't used is the "move/rename" option. I have already organized my collection just the way I like it. Thank you TmpGuy for not judging people who keep hundreds of movies in a single directory. Be assured, there is method to my madness ;-).

What I hope can be added in the not too distant future is an option to sort by actress and a confirmation dialog in case a re-download is about to happen. Everything beyond that is a bonus as far as I'm concerned.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
I can open the website on my browser. Not sure what's the problem. Added the program into firewall exception, changed cloudflare dns and tried both installer and portable. I dont use anti virus either. I'll try with my laptop later.
Okay, no obvious errors I can think of then. Very mysterious... clearly, most other people (including myself) are not experiencing this, so I can't think of why you're the only one. I think the next step is for me to create a more robust logging system. I've been wanting to do this for a while, since I currently just silently trap many non-fatal errors. So this seems like a good time to start building something like that out.

I hope you'll be willing to work with me a bit more to help see if I can track down (and maybe even fix) whatever is going on here. I'm also curious to hear if you have any different results with your laptop.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
I agree, manually updating the metadata in the rare case of a DVD-ID collision is fine. It would already be an improvement if you could update the coverart from within JavLuv, I also had a few more cases where JavLuv scraped postage stamp size coverart that I wanted to replace with something more high-res and I expect other users to run into this as well.

There seems to be some issue where JavLuv is downloading very small cover images, even when higher quality images are available. I previously used a very simply heuristic where I rejected any image below a minimum file size, but clearly that's not working very well. I think I'll need to buckle down and write a more robust system that loads the image and actually checks it by dimensions, or something like that, and picks the best one available.

I'm definitely going to add an option to import new cover art. I agree it's entirely too difficult to do this now, especially when the image download code is not working very optimally yet.
This would be an improvement, but ideally this should apply to all metadata because of for instance these DVD-ID collisions (a re-download re-introduces these errors). I also updated for instance titles or release dates, when there was wrong or missing data even if JavLuv initially identified the movie correctly.

Agreed. I think I should be able to create a system similar to user ratings where if you do redownload metadata, whatever changes you've originally made are re-applied automatically. It really makes more sense to just do that for everything. If someone wants to reset the data, they can just turn that option off in the settings. At the moment, it's far too easy to accidentally blow away a large amount of work with just a single click.

Originally, I had not really considered that people might be spending a large amount of time fine-tuning metadata, except for user ratings, which by definition are personalized. That's because it's simple enough to create filters to automatically convert genre keywords or correcting actress names, and I personally wasn't all that interested in renaming titles or other metadata.

So, it's definitely good to get a different perspective on use cases. It's similar to how since I keep all my movies in individually named folders, I didn't really consider a use case of all movies in a single folder, or the desire to keep that folder clean-looking.

I do appreciate how easy it is for someone like me to shoot off ideas and how quickly things get complicated when it needs to get turned into robust code. Especially considering that you are sharing JavLuv out of kindness and don't owe us anything. So I'm happy to save my metadata in a back-up folder so I can restore manually should the need arise.

To me, that's one of the most fun parts of small-scale development like this - seeing it rapidly improve and mature into a really useful project. As for the future, I'll eventually be publishing it as open source on GitHub, so it will always be freely available and maintained by whoever wants to do so.

I had a sub-folder in one of my movie folders where I saved scenes that I wanted to keep, from movies that I didn't want to keep as a whole. I had to move this folder to avoid JavLuv from adding the scenes to the library. Taking into consideration that I am not the only user of JavLuv, I think having it as a toggle above the Scan Button makes for the most predictable behaviour of the tool, at the expense of a slightly busier side-panel.

Okay, good to know the reasoning behind it. You make a good case.

In case it wasn't already clear. I went from checking out JavLuv real quickly, fully expecting to delete it immediately afterwards, to being a committed fan. All in the space of a few days. It is amazingly easy to use with a very quick and responsive UI.

Appreciate that. I worked pretty hard to make it simple to use, snappy, and functional, so it's good to hear positive results from that.

The only feature I haven't used is the "move/rename" option. I have already organized my collection just the way I like it. Thank you TmpGuy for not judging people who keep hundreds of movies in a single directory. Be assured, there is method to my madness ;-).

Yep, no need to use ALL features, especially as I add more and more. The most important part really is the fast browser and keyword search, which I still love playing around it. Like, an actress catches my eye in a new movie, and I wonder how many other movies I have with her in them. And then I can sort those movies by date to see her career progression... Stuff like that is kind of fun once you have the tools to do that.

What I hope can be added in the not too distant future is an option to sort by actress and a confirmation dialog in case a re-download is about to happen. Everything beyond that is a bonus as far as I'm concerned.

I've currently got a few more features added in my development branch, which I'm currently testing myself, including:
  • Sort by Actress
  • Show folder name in tooltip
  • Show movie resolution in detail view (this has been surprisingly complicated because it's so slow, so still working on improving this)
I'm still planing:
  • Storing metadata and cover images in hidden settings location
  • Improvement of cover art downloading algorithm
  • Cover art importer
  • Automated backup and restoration of all metadata customization
  • Optional recursive scanning of folders
Given that, by default, customized data may be automatically restored after being deleted, I may only show confirmation dialogs if this option is turned off. I'm still considering whether it's even necessary at that point.

That being said, at the moment, my priority is trying to figure out why hampalang seems to be having problems simply downloading metadata. So I'm working on a new branch that will log more error and diagnostic information to help me figure this out.

Reactions: Yorin2

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013

Okay, I've got a build that should log more detailed information. Once you run and get those same errors, go to Settings, and look down at the bottom of the page for a button called "Copy Log to...".

Press that button and choose a directory to copy the log to, which will be called JavLuv.log.zip. If you attach that file to your post, I'll take a look and see what I can see.

https://filejoker.net/1vww3zl4wbcp/Setup_JavLuv_(test).msi
https://filejoker.net/7azelwmxmmt6/JavLuv_(test).zip

maload

Jul 1, 2008
i want to ask some bad question here .
if i dont wrong i remember that you have some suggestion on " improving sound or clearing sound of movies for better machine translator "
can you explain it again ? or link me to your post ? thank you

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
i want to ask some bad question here .
if i dont wrong i remember that you have some suggestion on " improving sound or clearing sound of movies for better machine translator "
can you explain it again ? or link me to your post ? thank you
Maybe you're talking about this post?

https://www.akiba-online.com/thread...not-a-sub-request-thread.1466451/post-4383006

Keep in mind I haven't had very good luck auto-translating Japanese text from speech in JAV for subtitles. So I ended up just translating existing Chinese subs to English instead. I just haven't been able to get good enough initial translations otherwise, since my Japanese isn't good enough yet. That being said, here's what I tried:

pyTranslator seems to crash when it deals with an entire unedited movie waveform, which is really annoying (I actually considered writing a replacement for it instead of JavLuv). So to get around this, I've ended up making sure that the audio file is set to zero volume during non-speaking parts. I split out the audio soundtrack using TMPGEnc Video Master Works 7 (a commercial product). Then I use Sound Forge 15 (commercial product) to silence audio in non-speaking parts, and use a Nomalize filter on dialog to boost volume, since that seems to help translation. As a last step, use the Acon Digital Extract Dialog (commercial plugin) filter in Sound Forge to help isolate the dialog from surrounding background noise, if it's particularly noisy.

Obviously, all of these products cost money to buy and use. However, except for the noise reduction filter, there are free alternatives available. I'm pretty sure you can use the FFMpeg command-line tool (the same one JavLuv uses to losslessly concatenate movies) to extract a wave file from a movie. And I know Audacity is a free-to-use audio editor that should be able to perform the silencing and normalize operations on the waveform, but I can't give you specifics on how to do that because I don't use those tools myself.

Hopefully that can give you enough information to start with. I'm hoping that someday speech-to-text will improve enough for it to be much more effective, without having to do so much pre-processing of the the audio file, but for now, I found that seems to give the best results (as bad as they are).

Let me know if you need additional information, and I can try to help explain what I mean in more detail.

Last edited:

maload

Jul 1, 2008
Maybe you're talking about this post?

https://www.akiba-online.com/thread...not-a-sub-request-thread.1466451/post-4383006

Keep in mind I haven't had very good luck auto-translating Japanese text from speech in JAV for subtitles. So I ended up just translating existing Chinese subs to English instead. I just haven't been able to get good enough initial translations otherwise, since my Japanese isn't good enough yet. That being said, here's what I tried:

pyTranslator seems to crash when it deals with an entire unedited movie waveform, which is really annoying (I actually considered writing a replacement for it instead of JavLuv). So to get around this, I've ended up making sure that the audio file is set to zero volume during non-speaking parts. I split out the audio soundtrack using TMPGEnc Video Master Works 7 (a commercial product). Then I use Sound Forge 15 (commercial product) to silence audio in non-speaking parts, and use a Nomalize filter on dialog to boost volume, since that seems to help translation. As a last step, use the Acon Digital Extract Dialog (commercial plugin) filter in Sound Forge to help isolate the dialog from surrounding background noise, if it's particularly noisy.

Obviously, all of these products cost money to buy and use. However, except for the noise reduction filter, there are free alternatives available. I'm pretty sure you can use the FFMpeg command-line tool (the same one JavLuv uses to losslessly concatenate movies) to extract a wave file from a movie. And I know Audacity is a free-to-use audio editor that should be able to perform the silencing and normalize operations on the waveform, but I can't give you specifics on how to do that because I don't use those tools myself.

Hopefully that can give you enough information to start with. I'm hoping that someday speech-to-text will improve enough for it to be much more effective, without having to do so much pre-processing of the the audio file, but for now, I found that seems to give the best results (as bad as they are).

Let me know if you need additional information, and I can try to help explain what I mean in more detail.
Thank you so much.
Hmm
Why you need to "silent" part that no one talk in the movies?
If you have a time. Thank again

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Thank you so much.
Hmm
Why you need to "silent" part that no one talk in the movies?
If you have a time. Thank again
That's strictly to help pyTranslator. It tries to break up the single, large audio file into much smaller pieces, and inserting silence helps with that process. I've found it has a tendency to crash otherwise, since it apparently chokes on larger uploads without doing that. You can experiment on your own, and if works without doing that, you can of course skip that step.

maload

Jul 1, 2008
That's strictly to help pyTranslator. It tries to break up the single, large audio file into much smaller pieces, and inserting silence helps with that process. I've found it has a tendency to crash otherwise, since it apparently chokes on larger uploads without doing that. You can experiment on your own, and if works without doing that, you can of course skip that step.
got it. thank you so much

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Another JavLuv update with a few fixes and new features:
  • Added "Sort by actress" option
  • Tooltip on folder button in detail view displays folder path
  • Fixed some issues in website scraper causing low-quality image covers to be downloaded
  • Added logger to help track down errors (with button in Settings to copy log file)
  • Fixed some issues with extra subtitle files in movie folder
  • Fix file move/copy code to handle case changing
  • Movie resolution is displayed in detail view
  • Improved image cache / display performance

Windows installer:
https://filejoker.net/duleesvn1aqc/Setup_JavLuv.msi

Portable/zipped:
https://filejoker.net/gxvu396jjgi8/JavLuv.zip

Alternative download:
JavLuv.zip
Setup_JavLuv.msi

Yorin2

Dec 1, 2019
Thanks for the updated version of JavLuv. Was eager to test it out, but unfortunately it crashes immediately on start-up. It installs no problem, but on start-up it doesn't even make it into the main page. There is also no error message displayed other than the generic "JavLuv has stopped working". This message only appears on first start-up after installation. Every subsequent start-up results in a short flash on the screen and then nothing. Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

I had a look at event viewer and found this:
.NET runtime EventID 1026

Application: JavLuv.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: System.ArgumentNullException at System.Threading.Monitor.ReliableEnter(System.Object, Boolean ByRef) at Common.Logger.WriteToFile() at Common.Logger.ThreadRun() at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(System.Object) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object) at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Event 1000, application error

Faulting application name: JavLuv.exe, version: 0.6.0.0, time stamp: 0x621586c1
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.22000.434, time stamp: 0x78dc11b6
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x0013ec52
Faulting process id: 0x241c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d828f48b52b560
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\JavLuv\JavLuv.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 45fe97cf-1933-48bf-9ca9-b3014a363c6f
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

I have the latest .NET framework installed on my machine running Windows 11 Pro.