Japanese-to-English dictionary for JAV

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

fruxano

Nov 1, 2008
Quite unrelated, but I've usually translated オナニー as masturbation, instead of onanie. But just today I came across an explanation the background of onanie is actually the Biblical story of Onan (Genesis 38), who was ordered to fuck his widowed sister-in-law but he pulled out before impregnating her, which displeased the God and got himself killed. Not exactly masturbation, but very curious that Japanese adopted this story to name masturbation. Anyway the point is that if オナニー has a Western root, than is it more appropriate/precise to translate オナニー as onanie than as masturbation? Of course there's no absolute answer, but interested to hear opinions.

Finally... while we are on single kana, what about single letters like "W" and "M" (and others?). AFAIK, "W" is slutty or nympho, "M" is Masochist or (sometimes) S&M, correct?

lol, that's a pretty amusing story.
As for the translation, think about it: if you write "onanism" or "onanie," no English speaker would understand what it meant unless they knew the Japanese, but everyone knows the word masturbation.
So there's no reason to translate it like that.

"W" means double, like in those W-Fellatio movies.

Reactions: ding73ding

fenton

Feb 10, 2017
How are real and fake creampies described in Japanese? Obviously you have 中出し, but what phrase is used for when they are real and when they offer proof by having the guy pull out, cum on her and go back in again?

fenton

Feb 10, 2017
ippai kimochi o kushitetageru...... hear this a lot

is there a better translation than this:

I will give you lots of feeling

Whenever kimochi is mentioned in JAV it's more like "pleasure", as in "I will give you lots of pleasure".

It's kind of innuendo I guess, it does just mean "feeling" and they often get the gravure idols to talk about "ii kimochi" in relation to the weather or something, nudge nudge wink wink

Reactions: robbus

Joker6969

Sep 3, 2014
chij00008pl.jpg

I was about to ask about the meaning of the name of this series, INVIDAYS, but I think I found the answer.

On Digital Ark's website, a couple of early movies in the series have it written as インビデイズ (inbideizu) and 淫靡Days (inbiDays). インビ seems to give Google hits with "invitation", but 淫靡 is "impure" or "obscene". Google translate gives "dirty". So, "Obscene days" or "Dirty days"? Does "deizu", デイズ, have some alternative meaning?

Joker6969

Sep 3, 2014
Another question: 超絶倫, cho zetsurin? There are two videos called 嫁の連れ子が超絶倫, R18 has MIAE-255 translated as "My Wife's Daughter Is An Ultra Orgasmic Girl" and MIAE-331 as "My Wife's Kid Looks Amazing". Google translate gives "super amorous" for "cho zetsurin" but translates zetsurin as "good luck", "extraordinary", "unequaled" or really pretty much any positive term you can imagine depending on context.

Given the role of the stepdaughter in the movies, where she's the one actively seducing the stepdad, I'd imagine "horny" could work but what does 超絶倫 really mean?

Seedlovers

Provehito In Altum
Jun 30, 2015
I have a question, what is "sasaru" means? I sometime heard that word when they do intercourse.

Makkdom

Mar 4, 2019
Google translate tells me "sasaru" means "to stick"or "be stuck", so I assume it means something like "stick it in me" or "I will stick it in you."

Reactions: Seedlovers

Seedlovers

Provehito In Altum
Jun 30, 2015
hmm... I think it doesn't make sense, because it already stuck, I mean she says it not before the penetration, it happens during the intercourse. the girl be like, "moto.. moto.. ah.. sasaru.. sasaru.."

highr

Nov 4, 2016
Didn't see it in the glossary and I skimmed the thread but another word is "shigoite". Means to "draw through one's hand". Heard some guy say it to a girl when she was giving him oral and he was close to busting. Basically, use your hand[to finish me off].

Last edited:

Seedlovers

Provehito In Altum
Jun 30, 2015
Didn't see it in the glossary and I skimmed the thread but another word is "shigote". Means to "draw through one's hand". Heard some guy say it to a girl when she was giving him oral and he was close to busting. Basically, use your hand[to finish me off].
another word of what word?

highr

Nov 4, 2016
My bad I meant to write "shigoite" the te form of "shigoku"「しごく」 meaning to draw through ones hand.

smallbird

Mar 7, 2019
Another term for stroking is "shiko shiko", which is like the Japanese equivilant of fapfap. Sometimes used like "shiko shiko shite" which is a request to stroke, or it's being said multiple times like "shiko shiko shiko shiko". You can hear the actress say this when telling someone, the audience or an actor, to stroke themselves or when asking if they're stroking.

Reactions: Seedlovers

Seedlovers

Provehito In Altum
Jun 30, 2015
Another term for stroking is "shiko shiko", which is like the Japanese equivilant of fapfap. Sometimes used like "shiko shiko shite" which is a request to stroke, or it's being said multiple times like "shiko shiko shiko shiko". You can hear the actress say this when telling someone, the audience or an actor, to stroke themselves or when asking if they're stroking.
ah, I heard that a lot, thanks

Joker6969

Sep 3, 2014
MUDR-075 街で噂のWアナルソープ マ○コ&アナルとお口の6穴使い放題の生中出しオプションも無料の超優良店 しかもWパイパン!

I think I finally know the meaning of all the words in context here, but I have no clue about the sentence structure. Is it just a list of stuff, like
- Rumors of a 2-girl anal soapland in the city (街で噂のWアナルソープ)
- pussy, ass and mouth, unlimited use of six holes (マ○コ&アナルとお口の6穴使い放題)
- free creampie option (生中出しオプションも無料)
- super high-class establishment (超優良店)
- also both girls shaved (しかもWパイパン)

or am I missing something? On the cover, the last three rows are written together, without line breaks or spaces.

ding73ding

Akiba Citizen
Oct 25, 2009
MUDR-075 街で噂のWアナルソープ マ○コ&アナルとお口の6穴使い放題の生中出しオプションも無料の超優良店 しかもWパイパン!

I think I finally know the meaning of all the words in context here, but I have no clue about the sentence structure. Is it just a list of stuff, like
- Rumors of a 2-girl anal soapland in the city (街で噂のWアナルソープ)
- pussy, ass and mouth, unlimited use of six holes (マ○コ&アナルとお口の6穴使い放題)
- free creampie option (生中出しオプションも無料)
- super high-class establishment (超優良店)
- also both girls shaved (しかもWパイパン)

or am I missing something? On the cover, the last three rows are written together, without line breaks or spaces.
The way I look at "title" in JAV is:
"title" is an afterthought. They don't sit around sat, let's make a vid called "xxx yyy zzz", "ok what's the story", "and how to promote it" ...
They sit around and say "let's make a vid with theme/genre/plot" ... make the vid... "now we need a cover" ... hire some guy to do a cover ... "now ship it", ... "hey DMM wants to know the title of the vid", "ahh... I don't know, just give them some or all the wordings on the cover art". Done a new title is born.

So to decipher/translate the title, I always eye the cover art:
MUDR-075.jpg
The placement, font size and sentence/phrase breaks tells you how to interpret the title. So in a word, yes, it's closer to a laundry list of phrases than to a structured sentence.

So based on placement and font size, I'd break it up to two disconnected pieces, each with semi-connected parts:
Piece 1: (a) 街で噂の (b) Wアナルソープ
Piece 2: (a) マ○コ&アナルとお口の (b) 6穴使い放題 (c) の生中出しオプションも無料の超優良店しかもWパイパン
with 1(b) and 2(b) being the most important parts, and 2(c) being very insignificant, as if a nervous salesman (pimp?) keep sprouting words to keep you (potential customer) from walking away.

So if I were to translate it I would just use "W (Double) Anal Soap - Six Orifice Buffet" and snip all the small font phrases as tagline. (like you say "Alien" instead of "Alien in Space No One can Hear you Scream")

Reactions: Joker6969