Is there anything special about the AV actress RYU?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

vietbub

Dec 6, 2008
Her debut video cover was different from most AV Debut video covers and most of her videos have a different quality from other AV videos. By quality I mean by the technique its filmed and the resolution of her movies. Was she famous before going to AV?

paparoach408

Akiba Citizen
Jun 14, 2012
Her debut video cover was different from most AV Debut video covers and most of her videos have a different quality from other AV videos. By quality I mean by the technique its filmed and the resolution of her movies. Was she famous before going to AV?

She is a former Gravure Bikini idol that started in 07, and was also a round girl for K-1 fighting. Also she started at age 29 and has nude modeled before so maybe that's why it seems different

paparoach408

Akiba Citizen
Jun 14, 2012
Post the cover of the video u are referring to OP.

If this is the same Ryu then here is her debut star-322
attachment.php

jugulear

Akiba Citizen
Jan 20, 2012
Paparoach408, you are a fountain of knowledge! If Ponce de Leon were alive today, he would be looking for you.

I can see from Ryu's multi-page DMM listing that she has been hyperactive since her late 2011 hardcore debut, appearing in many movies by different manufacturers. It's hard to believe most would be giving her special treatment, offering fancier cinematic techniques and better-quality resolution. (That is, she may have been considered as royalty at one point, given her prestigious background, but I can't imagine such a preferential attitude would last long.)

paparoach408

Akiba Citizen
Jun 14, 2012
^She was one of the faces of SOD while she was there, but since her leaving she has been working for many different companies and not all offered the "beest cinematics", and her background is probably one of main reasons her debut felt "Special" like with many former Gravure idols, most don't follow the typical debut style and just jump right into the action, so that may be it

Mar 28, 2008
If this is the same Ryu then here is her debut star-322
attachment.php

Yes, I found that, but im waiting for OP's confirmation on what it is. Amateur AV viewers tend to get things mixed up.

If the cover u posted is the one he refers to. Then I have no clue what OP is talking about, the cover looks like ur typical debut cover.

vietbub

Dec 6, 2008
She is a former Gravure Bikini idol that started in 07, and was also a round girl for K-1 fighting. Also she started at age 29 and has nude modeled before so maybe that's why it seems different
Ah ok the gravure model part and K-1 fighting makes sense now.

Sorry if my words seemed exaggerated, at the beginning of her career (I think it was SOD/Star) her videos seemed different from most of the av's i have seen, just wanted to know if her background was special.

That was the cover I was talking about. For me, most AV covers dont show such a provocative pose, especially debut dvds, as RYU's cover (as shown above).