Same Named JAV Actresses

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

jugulear

Akiba Citizen
Jan 20, 2012
It's confusing enough when a JAV actress has three hundred different monikers, but what happens when the same name is shared by more than one actress? Why do JAV actresses want to make our lives so difficult?

So for absolutely no reason whatsoever, I thought I'd begin a thread that lists Same Named JAV Actresses.

Before I begin with my one example, I'd like to throw in another example that I had mentioned on this thread.

Yurie Matsushima is one of my favorites.

Yurie Matsushima  SPRD-679 - played withk.jpg
SPRD-679 (One of my favorite movies.)

And yet there is a whole different Yurie Matsushima:

Yuri Matsushimai DVDPS-943.jpg
DVDPS-943

(The latter's first name is sometimes spelled without the "E.")

Today I found myself at one of our resource sites (Minnano-AV), and in a section where they put up a row of different portraits, I ran into this face:

Hitomi Hoshino.jpg

I was intrigued... she looked very endearing to me... and then I threw that Japanese name into Google Translator, and came up with:

Hitomi Hoshino

(That's a famous name, isn't it? I know I have run into it before...)

Wishing to find out more about her, I now threw the English name into Asian Screens. The search came up with two different Hitomi Hoshino's.

First one featured this Hitomi Hoshino, from the cover of Taken With the Husband's Boss 10 [NATR-076]:

Hitomi Hoshino 2 Taken With the Husband's Boss 10 -NATR-076.jpg

Well, that looks like somebody different, all right. Another look:

Hitomi Hoshino Taken With the Husband's Boss 10 -NATR-076.jpg

Second one was identified as H.H. #2, and her only listed movie was Married Woman Torture Orgasm 17 - Cruel Revenge Against High Society, Woman of the Upper Class Stained With Disgrace! Led to the Highest Highs in a Climax Hell [DDHG-017]; from one of the shots on the cover:

Hitomi Hoshino DDHG-017.jpg

I suppose that would be the one who attracted my attention... although... they look kinda similar, really; the first one, however, has a bigger nose...

Here is Number Two's Minnano-AV page. (They may say she is Number Two, but for now, she is Number One in my book.) Another of her aliases is Hitomi Yamabuki, and from this filmography, she really has not been in all that many movies.)

I could not find the page for the first H.H., but here is her DMM page...

HUH?

Why, they are one and the same!! (What kind of nonsense is THAT?)

(Guess I should have conducted my research before writing this thread; but can you blame me? Those photos did look different... and Asian Screens DID say they were two different women, and... and...)

(According to her DMM page, Hitomi Hoshino has been around, off and on, since 2002. Wow. She has not had too many starring roles, apparently, usually appearing in multi-actress movies.)

Anyway, do I have egg on my face. Imagine beginning a thread about actresses with the same name, only to discover we were talking about the same woman. (At least you have my first example of Yurie Matsushima, so the thread did not begin completely under false pretenses.)

I am sure you will come up with further examples of Same Named JAV Actresses... and do a much better job of it than me.

Reactions: Supmop and mago

Supmop

Akiba Citizen
Oct 23, 2012
same name but different person ?

there are 2 actresses that used Ren Aizawa as their stage name

MVSD-136.jpg

IPTD-907.jpg

I like this thread, sometimes its really confusing when we found different actresses with similiar name or same name. so I think this thread can be very useful ;)

Reactions: mago

jugulear

Akiba Citizen
Jan 20, 2012
Just a day ago I read something of yours (Edit: Oh! It was right here) where you pointed out the confusion behind numerous aliases (which is a different problem)... so I'm not surprised a JAV Master as yourself would find a thread such as this helpful, Supmop.

Ren Aizawa is a name I've come across a billion times. (Although she has not registered with me. I think I am more familiar with "Number Two.") Further elaboration:

Ren Aizawa - XV-708.jpg Ren Aizawa - HBAD-221.jpg
Ren Aizawa No. 1 - XV-708.............................Ren Aizawa No. 2 - HBAD-221

Asian Screens pages for Number One, and for Number Two

According to the always unreliable birth years (as supplied in the above two pages), both actresses were born around the same time, Number One being four years older.

R.A. Number Two emoting in her role as Superlady [GDSC-11]:

Ren Aizawa - GDSC-11.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Supmop and mago

jugulear

Akiba Citizen
Jan 20, 2012
I learned this one by accident. Member Djemba was gracious enough to solve part of an old I.D. thread of mine, the answer being Eri Suzuki (鈴木えり). When I traveled to the Minnano-AV site to see if Eri Suzuki had other aliases, I came face-to-face with the face of a different Eri Suzuki... a younger lady active from 2012-2014, who has only uncensored movies in her Minnano-AV filmography.

SHE-025-Eri Suzuki.jpg gachi-706-Eri Suzuki.jpg
Eri Suzuki #1 from SHE-025 (DMM and R18 pages), and Eri Suzuki #2 from gachi-706 (Minnano-AV page)

jugulear

Akiba Citizen
Jan 20, 2012
And another:

Yui Misaki

Yui Misaki  GSZ-022.jpg Yui Misaki  MIDD-632.jpg
Yui Misaki No. 1 - GSZ-022 ...................................... Yui Misaki No. 2 - MIDD-632

If the provided birth years are to be accepted, the two women are almost the same age... with No. 1 one year older. No. 2 has been way more prolific.

For comparison, Asian Screens pages for No. 1 and No. 2, Minnano-AV for No. 1 and No. 2, and DMM for No. 1 and No. 2.

jugulear

Akiba Citizen
Jan 20, 2012
False alarm...?

Rio Aihara

Rio Aihara - DWB-01.jpg Rio Aihara - HNB-043.jpg
Rio Aihara No. 1 - DWB-01 ............................................................ Rio Aihara No. 2 - HNB-043

Here is what I wrote, before the similarity of the two photos hit me:

"No. 1 goes back a ways, career spanning maybe from 2002-2005. No. 2 has not done all that much, working from 2010-2013. DMM for No. 1 and No. 2. Minnano-AV mixed both ladies up."

Well, maybe Minnano-AV was smarter than the rest. What made me fall for this was, once again, Asian Screens. See, they have a page for No. 1, and another one for No. 2. When DMM also treated both as two different actresses, I thought I had my confirmation. But then I looked at the faces in those photographs... I think the ladies are one and the same.

If so, this turned out to be a repetition of my first post, where Hitomi Hoshino turned out to be only one actress. And that one was also because of Asian Screens.

So if there is only one Rio Aihara, did she scoot the industry in 2005, come back in 2010, and is now probably gone for good? How do ya like that.

jugulear

Akiba Citizen
Jan 20, 2012
No mistaking these two!

Mayu Kawai

Mayu Kawai - ABS-024.jpg Mayu Kawai - MOND-045.jpg
Mayu Kawai No. 1 - ABS-024 ................................................... Mayu Kawai No. 2 - MOND-045

No. 1 has these pseudonyms, according to Minnano-AV: Mikoto Himeno, Miko Himesawa, Yumi Takano and Mai Kawasumi

No. 2's alias, according to DMM, is: Mayu Ichinose. Action JAV reveals another, Asuka Okamoto.

Minnano-AV has a page for a THIRD Mayu Kawai (A.K.A. Mayu Kasiwagi):

Mayu Kawai.jpg

But it's confusing. For example, one movie (NRE- 007, "New Rec Case-07") is also featured on the Minnano-AV page for No. 1. At any rate, Asian Screens has a separate page for this third one, under the spelling of Mayu Kashiwagi.

For comparison, Asian Screens pages for No. 1 and No. 2, Minnano-AV for No. 1 and No. 2 (mixed with others, it seems), and DMM for No. 1 and No. 2.

Last edited:

jugulear

Akiba Citizen
Jan 20, 2012
Miku Hasegawa

Thanks to Hans Kowalski, I have learned there are two different actresses with this name.

JUC-323-1.jpg ... shkd-534.jpg
No. 1, from JUC-323 (A.K.A. Ritsuko Sawada) ............................ No. 2, from SHKD-534

Based on their R18 pages, I am gathering Miku-1 spent ten years in the racket, from 2004-2014, while Miku-2 followed close behind, from 2008-2014. Asian Screens pages for Miku-1 (and for her A.K.A.) and Miku-2. Minnano-AV has made a distinction in the spelling of their names, going for an "A" instead of an "E" for the first one (that is, "Miku Hasagawa"); Miku-1 and Miku-2.

Last edited:

kharo88

Akiba Citizen
Sep 13, 2015
So these two girls don't exactly have the same name, but they're still easy to mix up. For example, javfor.me has both of them under the same name. One of them is Takikawa Kanon, the other one is Takigawa Kanon.

pp_170049.jpg
pp_161572.jpg

Reactions: Supmop

jugulear

Akiba Citizen
Jan 20, 2012
Excellent, Pukimai; more clarification on Rin Aoki...

Rin Aoki-1.jpg ... Rin Aoki-2.jpg
Rin Aoki No. 1 - PPPD-035 ................................................... Rin Aoki No. 2 - MDS-807

As you may see, there is a big difference between both Rins below the neck! If the provided birth years are accurate, No. 1 has eleven years on No. 2.

For comparison, Asian Screens pages for No. 1 and No. 2, and Minnano-AV for No. 1 and No. 2.

For goodness sakes, Kharo88... is there a Kira Kira Black Girl (i.e., as termed for BLK-099) you are not an expert on?

A little more clarification on Kanon Takigawa...

Kanon Takigawa VEC-076.jpg ... Kanon Takigawa-1 DXTM-001.jpg
Kanon Takigawa No. 1 - VENU-326............................. Kanon Takigawa No. 2 - DXTM-001

In point of fact, according to our most popular English-language reference sites, both ladies' names are spelled exactly the same, with the "G." If the provided birth years are accurate, No. 1 is two years younger than No. 2.

For comparison, DMM pages for No. 1 and No. 2, R18 for No. 1 and No. 2, Asian Screens for No. 1 and No. 2, and Minnano-AV for No. 1 and No. 2.

As we may read from Minnano-AV, No. 1 is also known as Mariko Kamiuma. No. 2 has a million aliases, including Nami Ookawa, Kanon Imai, Nao Kinoshita, Mai Imai, Rina Hositsuki, Tomo Fuji, Ruka Aomi and Arisa Sanjyo.

This is the only reference I came across with the "K" spelling for No. 2, that is, Kanon Takikawa; another variation is Kanon Takizawa.

Reactions: kharo88

Supmop

Akiba Citizen
Oct 23, 2012
Just a day ago I read something of yours (Edit: Oh! It was right here) where you pointed out the confusion behind numerous aliases (which is a different problem)... so I'm not surprised a JAV Master as yourself would find a thread such as this helpful, Supmop.

Ren Aizawa is a name I've come across a billion times. (Although she has not registered with me. I think I am more familiar with "Number Two.")

I like number two more, she still active but not productive, and rare to appear for big studios

So these two girls don't exactly have the same name, but they're still easy to mix up. For example, javfor.me has both of them under the same name. One of them is Takikawa Kanon, the other one is Takigawa Kanon.

yes very similiar name can be confusing like Koharu Suzuki and Kokoha Suzuki

needs more loli

Don't underestimate lolis!
Apr 30, 2015
There's are two actresses named Nana Minami, one is loli the other isn't. Pretty annoying when you see a name you like only to realize its a different actress.
h_491love175pl.jpg
wanz459pl.jpg

jugulear

Akiba Citizen
Jan 20, 2012
Elaborating on Needs More Loli's discovery...

Nana Minami - NDRA-014.jpg ... Nana Minami - LOVE-169.jpg
Nana Minami No. 1 - NDRA-014............................. Nana Minami No. 2 - LOVE-169

The good news (as far as reducing confusion) is that No. 2 often goes by her other pseudonym, Hina Makimura; some sources list Hina Makimura as her prominent name.

DMM, R18 and (of course, the not-reliable) Asian Screens treat No. 2 and Hina Makimura as two different actresses. JavLibrary lists both as one and the same, but JavLibrary is not always reliable, either. Minnano-AV has also made no distinction between the two, and that (as well as other clues) is what I'm going by.

If the provided birth years are accurate, No. 1 is seven years older than the loli, No. 2. (Now loli-challenged, having hit the age of twenty-one this year.)

For comparison, DMM pages for No. 1 and No. 2 (and for No. 2.5), R18 for No. 1 and No. 2 (and for No. 2.5), Asian Screens for No. 1 and No. 2 (and for No. 2.5), and Minnano-AV for No. 1 and No. 2; also, JavLibrary for No. 1 and No. 2.

Reactions: Supmop and kharo88

jugulear

Akiba Citizen
Jan 20, 2012
But you have contributed to this thread, Kharo88; you certainly make a great effort to keep things here on "Discussion" a lot more interesting.

Yuria Ashina

Yuria Ashina JUX-116.jpg ... Yuria Ashina ONE-013.jpg
Yuria Ashina No. 1 - JUX-116 ................. Yuria Ashina No. 2 - ONE-013

If the provided birth years are accurate, No. 1 is five years younger than No. 2. The latter has only popped by for only a couple of times in 2011, and according to Minnano-AV, appeared in three multi-actress movies two years later. I had trouble recognizing her from the covers of these three movies (NFDM-307, REAL-487 AND SILK-029). R18 shows her to have appeared in more movies, and they are different ones.

For comparison, DMM pages for No. 1 and No. 2, R18 for No. 1 and No. 2, Asian Screens for No. 1 and No. 2, and Minnano-AV for No. 1 and No. 2.

Reactions: Supmop and kharo88

kharo88

Akiba Citizen
Sep 13, 2015
But you have contributed to this thread, Kharo88; you certainly make a great effort to keep things here on "Discussion" a lot more interesting.

Thank you, but I meant that comment specifically! :)

.The latter has only popped by for only a couple of times in 2011, and according to Minnano-AV, appeared in three multi-actress movies two years later. I had trouble recognizing her from the covers of these three movies (NFDM-307, REAL-487 AND SILK-029).

I think that's because it's not her but the other girl! :D Even though I haven't seen NFDM-307, but I'm pretty sure that it features the first one, and JavLibrary has every film that you listed to be the second one's works under the first one. According to R18, the second one is the one in KUSR-006 too, but again, I'd say it's the first one.

I guess this is why this is such a good thread. When even the "official" sources mix certain actresses up, you need a place to sort them out for yourself and everyone else! :)

Reactions: jugulear

jugulear

Akiba Citizen
Jan 20, 2012
Ladies most of us probably don't even know about.

Hikari Hoshino

Hikari Hoshino 1.jpg Hikari Hoshino 2  TOP-036.jpg Hikari Hoshino 3  WFS-011.jpg
H. H. No. 1 .......................................... H. H. No. 2 (TOP-036) .................. H. H. No. 3 (WFS-011)

Asian Screens for No. 1 and No. 2 and No. 3; Minnano-AV for No.3, and R18 hodgepodge.

As Kharo88 so correctly reminded us above ("the 'official' sources mix certain actresses up") it can be hard to figure things out. For example, from R18's "hodgepodge" page (all the H.H.'s mixed together, linked above), I clicked on a cover that wasn't present in the others, SBM-031 (from 2009).

Hikari Hoshino SBM-031.jpg ... Hikari Hoshino SBM-031-2.jpg
SBM-031

Who is that? Looks closest to H. H. No. 1 to me. Yet I was not able to uncover anything on No. 1 beyond her Asian Screens page, which only references an ancient hour-long JAV called "House Keeper." Regardless, No. 1 is the oldest actress of the three. When I clicked on the H. H. name on SBM-031's R18 page, I got this R18 page for that particular H.H. ... and the most recent title was from last year (2015), for Strap-on Lesbian Lawyers [TMHK-018], starring Reiko Kobayakawa (someone most of us are familiar with).

TMHK-018.jpg

Now it would take me hours to sort out the H. H. from that multi-actress movie (I'm even having trouble recognizing Reiko, an actress who has a pretty distinct-looking face), and my raw guess is that Reiko is the standing woman with the strap-on; I'm going to eliminate the students who are on their knees because of their age, and I'm going to pick the lady on the right as H. H. (the first H. H. was supposedly born in 1979). Not that the lady on the right looks that much older from the rest, thanks to accursed Japanese genes.

Anyway, if the lady on the right is H. H. No. 1, I am fascinated, because that would mean the oldest H. H. we have no information about (besides "House Keeper") has returned from a million years ago to be in one fairly "modern" production?

Here is the Minnano-AV page for the H. H. from TMHK-018... listing only one other movie from 2012 (A "r*** Heroine" four-hour compilation, which hardly counts). The portrait for this H.H. that they selected is from 2003's hour-long God, Just One More Thrust [KA-1905]. I ask you, does that make sense? (At least they are confirming my theory this H. H. is the oldest one, but it's very weird that a JAV actress from years past would be returning for just one movie. Perhaps there is a Hikari Hoshino No. 4?)

Others...

Aya Sakurai

Aya Sakurai 1.jpg ... Aya Sakurai 2 SDMU-047.jpg
Aya Sakurai No. 1 (distorted image) ...................... Aya Sakurai No. 2 (SDMU-047)

For comparison, Asian Screens for No. 1 and No. 2.

From R18's "hodgepodge" page, I guess this would be their page for No. 1. Many of you are probably familiar with No. 2, who got started in 2012 and is still going strong. Her R18 page.

Two actresses I'm not sure will ring a bell with many:

Mai Sakurai

MAI SAKURAI -BND-29.jpg ... MAI SAKURAI -SPRD-345.jpg
Mai Sakurai No. 1 (BND-29) .............. Mai Sakurai No. 2 (SPRD-345)

That is a terrible picture for No. 1, but it was the only one from her A. S. page. For comparison, Asian Screens for No. 1 and No. 2.

Further digging revealed R18's page for No. 1, where her name of preference is "Imai Sakurai." R18's page for No. 2, where her name of preference is "Mari Sakurai." (I've now put her up on the "One and Done" thread... she has not been in too many movies.) Looks like all of No. 1's other movies are multi-actress ones, and it would be hard to single her out (to get a good photo) without much research.

Last edited:

Supmop

Akiba Citizen
Oct 23, 2012
I've found sometimes Hikari Hoshino number 2 mixed with the much more famous Miyu Hoshino when I tried to search her movies, but I don't noticed there are 3 Hikari Hoshino until you mentioned it here Mr Jugulear, thanks for the infos :)