Immersive 3D Content and Enthusiasts (oh boy...)

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
that rule is:

THE RULE

The rule is the same as for other sponsorships in the past:

"All posts for any download links on Akiba-Online must contain a FileJoker link. You can post other hosts too, but it must include FileJoker link(s). This includes reposts of dead files."

https://www.akiba-online.com/threads/filejoker-sponsorship.1504840/
You missed it.

"What this means is that Akiba-Online expects all Direct Download posters to include FileJoker links in their posts."

You’ve been here long enough to be familiar with the posted rules. FileJoker links are required for all posts in the Direct Download section and sub-sections. Those areas are specifically for uploaders to flatly post links and nothing more. This is the Discussion threads. Read from post #1 in this thread. We talk(ed) about how this form of JAV evolves, gains traction and becomes more popular, how, if, and when the Studios will adopt it, and how to use the various headsets, apps, systems, to enjoy the VR experience. The posts here are for people to try VR titles so they can get them excited about it.

Reactions: nguonggg

xuhhep

Señor Baka
Oct 8, 2007
i didn't miss that, that´s the sentence above the rule. One doesn't cancel the other, and especially not when the latter is presented as "the rule". You don't think the fact they expect posters in ddl threads to keep to the rule, that exempts all others?

When you choose to regularly put a whole bunch of download links in the discussion threads, you muddy the waters and create a precedent.
In other discussion threads people link to the downloads in their appropriate section.

Last edited:

xaoeu

Feb 21, 2016
i didn't miss that, that´s the sentence above the rule. One doesn't cancel the other, and especially not when the latter is presented as "the rule". You don't think the fact they expect posters in ddl threads to keep to the rule, that exempts all others?

When you choose to regularly put a whole bunch of download links in the discussion threads, you muddy the waters and create a precedent.
In other discussion threads people link to the downloads in their appropriate section.

The DDL rules are for the DDL section. If there was a problem with this thread, surely someone (mod) would have said something by now since this is now 112 pages long (with almost 3 million views).

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008

I’ve read what you said a number of times and it sounds right. Yes, they expect posters in the DDL threads to keep to the rule. Again, this is not the DDL threads. This thread is not an exemption, it simply does not apply because this is not the DDL section. I appreciate your opinion and interpretation, friend, but really, “the rule” is for the DDL section. It always has been. This VR thread has been around since September of 2016. As @xaoeu points out, any thread or even single post going against a board rule would surely have been addressed in some form over the course of almost two full years.

At any rate, let’s get back to the reason for this thread JAV VR!

Reactions: Saren

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
When it comes to VR apps I’m sure we all have our favorites. I use, interchangeably, the stock Samsung VR app in Gear VR, the stock Video player in Gear VR, that’s just the theater but can also handle 3D VR titles, and Sky Box. From time to time, as you can imagine, these apps get updated SURELY for the sole purpose of making the app better. Well, sometimes not. I recently acquired a nice Gravure title, MMR-AK089, and was anxious to throw it into the VR Theater so I can adjust the picture size to just slightly more than what I would see looking at my monitor.

<< Oh, that’s my trick. I get an SD title, view full screen on my monitor, and, well…it looks like an SD title stretched to full screen on my monitor. Not exactly HD quality (obviously!). Ah…but in VR, an SD title scaled to what my viewing size would be if I were sitting in that same chair looking at my monitor, it looks way better. Still, not a true HD experience, but very close to it! Kind of like watching a 720p title stretched out to 1080p as opposed to 480p to 1080p. >>

Unfortunately, the Samsung VR app no longer allows me to scale the screen size. And neither does the stock Video player. Luckily Sky Box does, so, I had to use Sky Box. Which is no big thing, but, I would think developers would make their apps better by adding features and not taking them away. Unless, for phone apps, the lighter the app the better, I suppose. Perhaps they do away with features they think aren’t as important?

SIDE NOTE TIME: The two stars in MMR-AK089 are very pretty and look great on the box cover art. But, as is almost always the case, their legs, in the video, look beat to hell and back. Small scrapes, scratches, bruises. They should be more careful!

Last edited:

Lonsdaleite

May 15, 2018
The rules are somewhat unclear though. This thread alone has been pruned of 20+ pages of posts of banned users and nobody said why.

Reactions: n3wus3r

xuhhep

Señor Baka
Oct 8, 2007
I’ve read what you said a number of times and it sounds right. Yes, they expect posters in the DDL threads to keep to the rule. Again, this is not the DDL threads. This thread is not an exemption, it simply does not apply because this is not the DDL section. I appreciate your opinion and interpretation, friend, but really, “the rule” is for the DDL section. It always has been. This VR thread has been around since September of 2016. As @xaoeu points out, any thread or even single post going against a board rule would surely have been addressed in some form over the course of almost two full years.

At any rate, let’s get back to the reason for this thread JAV VR!

You are repeating your statement i replied to without addressing the argument i made because....reasons.

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
You are repeating your statement i replied to without addressing the argument i made because....reasons.
Sorry, friend, there is no argument. This is not the DDL section, hasn't been ever, and in the last almost two years hasn't been treated as such by anyone on staff here for that very reason. I don't know what else you want said or want to happen. Please, let's not fill this discussion thread with this off-topic volley.

Runa_Fan

Apr 23, 2017
Wonder if it's possible for anyone to share this VR ? It's only sold at this website.

http://amemiyaluna.c2ec.com/

27143aab6d5d4a845230798b5cf0e5fb.jpg

f15e9103cb8bda37b21a829a9e96e54f.jpg

doggyfong

Dec 15, 2008
Wonder if it's possible for anyone to share this VR ? It's only sold at this website.

http://amemiyaluna.c2ec.com/

27143aab6d5d4a845230798b5cf0e5fb.jpg

f15e9103cb8bda37b21a829a9e96e54f.jpg

For cosplayers they usually sell their goods as roms at events, not possible for overseas fans to get stuff like this.

Can't find her digital rom on DL Getchu.
Your best hope is that someone buys her rom set and uploads it later on.

I will keep my eyes peeled when I go for Comiket(Mid August) if no one has uploaded it by then.

Runa_Fan

Apr 23, 2017
For cosplayers they usually sell their goods as roms at events, not possible for overseas fans to get stuff like this.

Can't find her digital rom on DL Getchu.
Your best hope is that someone buys her rom set and uploads it later on.

I will keep my eyes peeled when I go for Comiket(Mid August) if no one has uploaded it by then.

She does has a few in DL Getchu, but they were released in 2016.

http://order.getchu.com/search/sear...arch_keyword=%B1%AB%B5%DC%CE%B1%BA%DA&x=0&y=0

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
Regarding Discussions And Downloads

I could quote and reply to many posts, which would make this post very long and unreadable after a few lines

this is a discussion thread only, no downloads should be posted here either DDL or Torrents ( and that is for all discussion threads and for individual idol threads). Links to posts in either DDL or Torrents can and should be posted to aid finding the posts

as for anyone using discussion threads as a get around not to post filejoker links, will be treated as spam

as a gentle reminded, the one thing about having a sponsor like filejoker, you only have to have 1 premium account

Reactions: Casshern2

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
Regarding Discussions And Downloads

I could quote and reply to many posts, which would make this post very long and unreadable after a few lines

this is a discussion thread only, no downloads should be posted here either DDL or Torrents ( and that is for all discussion threads and for individual idol threads). Links to posts in either DDL or Torrents can and should be posted to aid finding the posts

as for anyone using discussion threads as a get around not to post filejoker links, will be treated as spam

as a gentle reminded, the one thing about having a sponsor like filejoker, you only have to have 1 premium account
:pusing: ...and yet...for almost two full years........but...that's okay! If @CoolKevin says, it shall be done!

:qustion:So, I guess I misinterpreted the rule in a big way, although, I don't blame myself :fufufu: because to me, it still reads as I first interpreted it, plus, unless I've just never happened up on it, I didn't think there was anything that stated Discussion threads couldn't have links.

As for the comment about getting around FileJoker links, I'll take that as being directed to all in general because all of my posts, even quite recent ones, that were specifically meant as DDL offerings in the DLL sections of course hold FileJoker links first, foremost, and respectfully as the top links in the post as per the rules. :ehem::top:

Going forward I will place only links to the DDL section here if I happen to share anymore VR titles. Thanks for your patience, CoolKevin! :peace:

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimmyd666

Lonsdaleite

May 15, 2018
This is very confusing, considering there are 100 pages of subyshare links in this thread. Very selective enforcement!

For what it's worth, when I tried to open a filejoker account just to upload so I could post them here, I saw that there is no way to sign up for a free account, at least as far I can see on the signup page.

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
This is very confusing, considering there are 100 pages of subyshare links in this thread. Very selective enforcement!

For what it's worth, when I tried to open a filejoker account just to upload so I could post them here, I saw that there is no way to sign up for a free account, at least as far I can see on the signup page.
They can't be everywhere (mods) and can easily not see something for quite some time unless it is reported. Probably just as in this case. We certainly appreciate their work, though. Isn't easy!

javr

Dec 3, 2009
RIP
Reasons I rarely reply to reupload request or whatever. I doubt others are more willing to if you make things more troublesome instead of less.
Want to build a healthy community of people with same interests and sharing links and resources, akiba is not the place.

Last edited:

tjones262

Sep 16, 2009

I saw that they offer slight speed bump to their super slow download speed if you register for a free account. But I couldn't see how to register anywhere on their website. I used their 'contact us' link several times to ask them where it was, but they never responded. The ONLY time they answered any questions was when I tried to buy some time, THEN they answered immediately. Anyway, I eventually found the 'register' page somehow without their help.
https://filejoker.net/registration
I needed the registration because I was trying to download a 2.4gb file using the regular super-super-slow free download and it would go for like over 13.5 hours and then filejoker would stop and the download failed in the home stretch. I did this over and over for 3-4 days, filejoker always failing it near the end. After I 'registered' the file downloaded at super-slow speed , instead of super-super-slow, so it took a little less time and it actually finished after 10hrs, I think. One additional 'free' hurdle filejoker throws in is now that your 'registered' they limit your downloads to 5000MB. Once you hit the limit, they don't let your 'registered' login download anything 'for free' until some clock expires, maybe a few days, I'm not sure how long they lock you out. It might be a week.
Hope this helps.

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
Thanks to xuhhep...
I really do not understand the point he had to insist so much about the rules, apart from making everyone pissed off.
Well, his insistence helped uncover the fact I had apparently misunderstood what I read in the rules all this time, if anything.

xuhhep

Señor Baka
Oct 8, 2007
Thanks to xuhhep...
I really do not understand the point he had to insist so much about the rules, apart from making everyone pissed off.

When you have a filejoker premium, and by doing so contribute to keeping this forum online, you should be able to download all
content on the forum. That is the idea of that rule. All that needs to be done is to include those links, you are still free to post any other links
with them. So you can still use suby and all others, and members having a premium can download faster. In the end, that doesn't make it harder for
anyone, but makes it easier for some.