What's Mine is Yours and Back Again...

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
We all collect JAV. That’s why the vast majority of us are here. As a slightly skewed analogy I’ll go with Comic Books. I used to collect them. I spent a good deal of money over the years on them. Now, that sounds like a LOT of money when I mention “years” but really I never bought anything that was in mint pristine condition. I was just happy being able to hold and own old comics. The grade didn’t matter much so long as it didn’t look like a tattered mess. I think the most I paid for any one comic was like $21 if that tells you anything. At any rate, there isn’t any form of sharing in the Comic Book collecting world like there is for JAV. But, there are those out there that have great collections that will just never give anyone an opportunity to buy what they have. They just don’t ever plan to sell, for any number of reasons. And that is perfectly their right.

That got me thinking. I post things on here (as you know). I’m curious of a few things. Please, for those who don’t mind answering some or all of this, it would be very intriguing to me to find out how the great members here run their shop, so to speak. No pressure, certainly no judgement. What you have is what you have, and that’s not to say other should be given the opportunity to have the same. Nothing wrong with that.

1. If you share/post titles often or now and then, about what percentage of your collection do you share or are even willing to share?

2. If you don’t share/post titles, what’s the reason? Just don’t want to? Never thought about it? Don’t want the hassle of signing up for a host? Scared to?

3. Much like Comic Book collectors, do you trade up older/lower quality titles for better quality ones you find later?

Thanks for your time!

Hans Kowalski

Feb 27, 2007
1 & 2: Most of the movies in my collection are still available elsewhere, so there's not much reason for me to share them here. I do have a couple of movies that I bought myself and originally shared via Maxjav.com, when he was still able to simply strip away DMM's DRM. Since his site and whatever filehost he uses is pretty much the only source to get those movies, I wanted to share them here and over at Javlibrary.com recently, started with TYOD-199, but a mod deleted the thread and acted kinda dickish about it so I didn't feel like sharing more.

3: Depends. I'll trade an SD file for a better SD file, but not for an HD file, because I still value space over image quality, unless it's only available in HD or the quality of the SD file is *really* bad, like the recent 400-600mb files.

Reactions: Casshern2

vincent_z

Low Angler
Nov 27, 2007
I have (probably) over 1,000 JAVs on DVD {no Blu-Ray®}. But, and I figure this is a stunning admission to most of you out here on Akiba-Online, I am on a V.92 connection at this house. :eek:
To upload or download any content of mass weight, I have to leave here, with my Windows® 8.1 laptop, and go somewhere else with wi-fi to transact.
I am non-plussed by commercial download hosts. I can still find hosts which do not discriminate against those who have not bought "premium" accounts. Back in the not-too-recent days, I knew about Korean-hosted uploaders. If I was spend any money for advantageous downloading, it would be to one of those debrid sites which supposedly unrestrict all the premium links from a paid host.
But, I have no qualms about giving away or trading the JAVs I do not especially enjoy to other people. If you look through the master list of the JAVs I have brought back from Japan, you will spot entries where I indicate I gave it away.
But I prefer to do this in public, and with people whom I know and who know me.
I would like to upgrade to a broadband connection here at the house, but I am contemptuous about the corporation(s) from which I would have to order it. Each engages in all sorts of stealthy tracking schemes, and would resort to throttling the connection speed if it decides it doesn't like the web site I am visiting.:p
So that is my reason for not exactly sharing here on A-O. I think you understand.

Blade Runner

Sep 12, 2015
1. If you share/post titles often or now and then, about what percentage of your collection do you share or are even willing to share?
I've probably posted/shared less than 5% (estimated).

2. If you don’t share/post titles, what’s the reason? Just don’t want to? Never thought about it? Don’t want the hassle of signing up for a host? Scared to?
The majority of my collection has not been either digitized or cataloged, network/hardware issues, and time constraints. I have attempted to purge watermarked (yellow and white graphics) videos while replacing with preferably 720p/1080p/HD versions.

3. Much like Comic Book collectors, do you trade up older/lower quality titles for better quality ones you find later?
Yes, even if I have to spend money.

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
Thanks for the great responses.

Hans, you make a very good point. Why share what has already been shared. And I’m with you, better SD is how I would go, not so much of a fan of HD for your exact same reason. Anything over 2.5 GB or so scares me off.

vincent, I had to Google V.92 because I forgot all about it! Interesting concept of only trading/sharing what you don’t like (if I understood you correctly). I think I like that idea! About tracking your traffic (and sites), I’ve been at this for years and my ISP has yet to tell me anything. I really don’t think they care, so long as you pay your bill. Sure, every now and then I get a notice saying I’ve used a whole bunch of bandwidth for the month, but it is always in the form a notice on their site, I’ve yet to receive anything in an email, which they have on file because it is their domain! I’ve had three notices in maybe eight years, all of which I discovered at once when I noticed the red message indicator.

Blade Runner (2049!) less than 5% is about right for me, as well, if I’m doing the math right. Again, mostly because of the reason Hans sites, things have already been shared. They’ve been shared with horrible watermarks, mind you, but they’ve been shared. It seems with those FileJoker Exclusive posts with watermarked content, there’s no room for non-watermarked versions of those titles. They are fast to post them, aren’t they!

pikuseru

Jul 27, 2015
I download non-watermarked HD files but I don't share these, I keep them on external HDD as backup. For watching and sharing, I make my own SD versions with Handbrake that I keep on the main HDD. I also have a few SD files made by other people of titles that are not available in HD. Altogether, these SD files (no watermarks) take up 168GB and I have uploaded 4.68TB of them on eMule in the past 2137 days, 20:09 hours.

I find it hard to justify keeping the HD files on my computer hard drive 24/7. Even the unDRMed 6000kbps WMVs aren't really that high quality considering their huge size, and uploading them would take too long. But at the same time, I dislike the quality of the SD files other people make. So I still find it worthwhile to download HD files to make better quality SD files in Handbrake. Sometimes I also download DVD ISOs if it is the best quality available.

Blade Runner

Sep 12, 2015
I use FreeNAS to archive my collection.

I would trade my collection for a complete Ai Himeno catalog. She retired years before I discovered JAV. Torrents and filehosts primarily show active performers.

Quick review...Blade Runner 2049 is acceptable not groundbreaking.

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
I use FreeNAS to archive my collection.

I would trade my collection for a complete Ai Himeno catalog. She retired years before I discovered JAV. Torrents and filehosts primarily show active performers.

Quick review...Blade Runner 2049 is acceptable not groundbreaking.
I heard of that, studied a bit long ago, but didn't go with it. Nice, though.

If you ever post anything of hers in the Request threads I can check if I have it. Specific titles, I mean.

Reactions: Blade Runner

Hans Kowalski

Feb 27, 2007
Blade Runner (2049!) less than 5% is about right for me, as well, if I’m doing the math right. Again, mostly because of the reason Hans sites, things have already been shared. They’ve been shared with horrible watermarks, mind you, but they’ve been shared. It seems with those FileJoker Exclusive posts with watermarked content, there’s no room for non-watermarked versions of those titles. They are fast to post them, aren’t they!

I mean, if the rip you have is better than the one commonly shared, then it's a different story.

Also, looking through my collection got me thinking, pretty much all the movies I have were obviously shared at one point but some of the older ones are actually pretty difficult to find nowadays. And I don't even mean like 10 years old, but even lots of commonly available stuff before Ryushare went down, stuff you found on about every JAV blog back then, can sometimes be hard or impossible to find nowadays.

princeali692

Jav is love... Jav is life...
Jun 29, 2012
I have a 3TB collection of SD rips. But now that I buy most jav its DRM anyway. But I do buy movies from certain studios that. don't come in a DRM format. I do not share what I buy though because I bought it and I encourage others to buy it as well. I am mainly here for discussion.