Idol torrents purged?

jallastar

Dec 29, 2009
This has probably already been asked and answered, but please repeat it to someone who's been absent for a while...
I noticed there are a lot less on the Idol-torrent board, and was wondering what's happened? Has it been cleared-out, if so why and after what criteria? Or is it just a simple matter of the oldest post being routinely deleted? (Has that always been done?)

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Some posts may also have been condensed or merged with others.

lowleg26

non-active
Oct 25, 2009
Some torrent specific sites will automatically erase content based on periods of inactivity.

It doesn't seem like there would be an automated system for that here, but its possible that someone may check a posted torrent and erase the post if it comes up 0(0) seed/peers.

Or, more likely, its closer to what Ceewan said, condensing and routine housecleaning.

BudEWiser

Dec 24, 2008
With 193 pages in IV torrents
3 pages in Idol Pictures (which has never been all that popular from what I can remember)
and 86 pages in the U15 IV section (Yes these are PAGES, not posts)
I do not understand what you are complaining about. Maybe some house cleaning happened to get rid of torrents older than a couple years or something, who knows. But that stuff rarely sees seeds after about a year, so you aren't missing out on much.

bigjoeyboy

Mar 4, 2007
There were several hard disk crashes that wiped out large parts of the forum. Chompy did his best to restore what he could, other forum members contributed missing items.