Media Library Purge?

ReiOtaku

Rei Kuromiya Till I Die!
Apr 2, 2015
Hello Administrator's and Mods of Akiba-Online,

Has there recently been a purge of the media library, I only ask as an album of mine has disappeared as well as i would say about a thousand images?

If so, why? And if I and others have done wrong could you kindly direct me to some rules governing what is and isnt allowed?

Thankyou in advance,

R.O

C00Lzero

Administrator
Conqueror
Aug 14, 2010
as posted in at least 2 other threads:
Please don't use this to upload whole Sets of Pictures. Please create an upload-Thread for this.

Since we host the pictures on our Server, the DMCA will sent to us directly and forced us to delete the set.
but they haven't touched galleries where there are only a few images of one set

C00Lzero

Administrator
Conqueror
Aug 14, 2010
you don't have to apologize
it's not a real problem. just a few emails and a few minutes deleting some Galleries. :)

Reactions: CoolKevin

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Is this just the "media library" we are talking about?

Akiba-Online has been hosting galleries as long as I have been a member here and I would assume since its' conception. We actually still have sections dedicated to it. It takes time and effort to share a set here. I would not want to waste my time or yours if it is better that I shouldn't share any here at all. However, a warning should be stickied to the appropriate sections warning members not to upload full sets. It would seem, if this is indeed the case, that would be the proper thing to do.

Of course that would just leave sets shared via the direct download sections where the greedy uploaders prey off our members without giving anything away for free. At least Akiba-Online gets its' "cut" from that. Sigh. A sad state of affairs where freely shared material is deleted because of DMCA requests and the pay filehosts sections are the benefactors. I am not sure what I expect anyone to do about it, I am just saying it is depressing what this site is becoming. That would make AO more like the spam sites and much less than Akiba-Online once was.

Reactions: ReiOtaku

C00Lzero

Administrator
Conqueror
Aug 14, 2010
i'm only deleting things they requested to remove.
and only if i think the DMCA is valid (and really necessary - we are ignoring more than 3/4 of the reuqests sent to us, but a few know how they can force us to remove content)
(same goes for chompy)

so, i had to remove the galleries in the first 5 Pages (i would say).
Older pictures are still availalbe.
as well does the threads here, since there wasn't any valid requests for them.

you can, of course, try to start reuploading them, but i will have to remove them, if the right dmca-request is coming again.
(although this is the first one, that demands more than a few pictures in a long time. And since it's also limited to the media-galleries it was probably a specific idiot trying to harm us. )
So uploading in the Threads itself isn't affected at all. If you upload them there i don't see a problem.

The Media-Gallery wasn't introduced for uploading whole sets - because of the rel. shitty search functions etc. pp
it was more a gimmik for uploading random images. That it's now been used this way is unfortionate, but can't be helped.

We are relatively save of DMCAs, since the DC don't give a shit about this, but there are a few that know how to deal with this problem. Unforitonately i haven't found any good way to get rid of this requests, too.

wstd1234

May 23, 2016
Hi admins,

Can the DMCA affect galleries that contain just a few images of each model? Just wanted to make galleries according to specific fetishes, so there won't be full model sets.

Or is there a better area for that sort of thing in here?

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
Hi admins,

Can the DMCA affect galleries that contain just a few images of each model? Just wanted to make galleries according to specific fetishes, so there won't be full model sets.

Or is there a better area for that sort of thing in here?

mostly the media section is for a little personalised stuff, and perhaps one or to different pictures, a lot of the stuff there will be deleted, for abuse,

we have a group in JAV for fetishes, presently called JAV Idol groups/themes
for Idol see Idol group/themes

if there are no threads made already please be my guest and make one

Reactions: wstd1234 and Ceewan

dongmei

Aug 28, 2009
i guess i am learning, too. I'm a scanlover refugee. i created an album here for sharing my pics i have taken (not stolen from the web). I was able to put ~60 pics inside this A-O album about a ~month ago. But recently when i try to add ~10 additional pics, they get deleted. And now I find that the album is gone, too. Not sure what i am doing wrong. and "create an up-load thread" sounds like Greek or Latin to me. o_O Compared to what i see other people posting, i don't see how i was doing anything differently.

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
i guess i am learning, too. I'm a scanlover refugee. i created an album here for sharing my pics i have taken (not stolen from the web). I was able to put ~60 pics inside this A-O album about a ~month ago. But recently when i try to add ~10 additional pics, they get deleted. And now I find that the album is gone, too. Not sure what i am doing wrong. and "create an up-load thread" sounds like Greek or Latin to me. o_O Compared to what i see other people posting, i don't see how i was doing anything differently.

what you posted belongs in the JAV section, under the Actress name

now looking at the way you worded the above statement, I will assume they was your private pictures, if they was then, perhaps saying what they was, rather than letting us think they was mainstream, if information/comment was supplied on the pictures, then there would be no confusion, lot just use it as a dumping ground

as I said in a previous statement, a lot of members abused the system, and most will get deleted

possibly our fault in the first place, for not moderating it (or not having a dedicated for that section)