HiJack, SLF suggestions and ideas, and everything related to SLF,

ProudGrandsonof_ArmyVetSL

Collecter of Gravure Idols of old & current.
May 24, 2016
If you want to save many images at once i recomend you to use this addon
https://addons.mozilla.org/es/firefox/addon/save-images/

I'll look into that.... It is better than Microsoft Edge for Windows Ten (sometimes I get error messages that say sorry can't save picture) error messages seem to go away when you refresh the thread. I don't get any error messages for Internet Explorer so I am on that for Scanlover Forum.

renzop

JAV Agent
May 25, 2016
hi there, i came here from scanlover too. i will need some time here as this site is still different to scanlover. i miss the tons of asian agels and jav scans and much more here but i hope in time i will feel welcome here too.

Mai Nadasaka

Aug 23, 2009
the probably fastest way would be to integrate them into akiba (if chompy says, it's okay)
(perhaps as read only, into it's own subforum)
all that's needed is to get the all the files and the DB from the admin there.
(if s.o. knows them, would you please be so kind and ask? as for matters, registration isn't possible anymore )

We can then slowly migrate / move Threads into the right akiba sections :)

I think it's the only way to preserve SLF and the contents, but there is not much time anymore...

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
hi there, i came here from scanlover too. i will need some time here as this site is still different to scanlover. i miss the tons of asian agels and jav scans and much more here but i hope in time i will feel welcome here too.

Hello and Welcome

I hope you will enjoy our humble abode
Asian Angels seems to be the biggest loss for you guys, we have some

there is a guy posting old JAV scans, his problem is English, he keeps posting in the wrong place (and I do not get the time to move them, I will when I can)

I think it's the only way to preserve SLF and the contents, but there is not much time anymore...

it may shut down publicly, but it may be around for an extra few weeks, at the moment it seems like co-ordination is the biggest problem, time zones and work

chompy

slacker
Staff member
Super Moderator
Emperor
Nov 7, 2006
It's probably worth poking my face in to say a piece, as admin here and ex-(a long long, damn long time ago)-admin at scanlover forum.

I have a lot of love for Scanlover forum, and it's pretty fair to say that without Scanlover there may not even be an Akiba-Online (at least not as we know it).

It's a shame to see it shutter. In a lot of respects, scanlover forum is a sister site, and both forums share a lot of members, including past and current staff.

Naturally, we welcome with open arms anyone who wants to try to build a community here from Scanlover.

There's a home for you here if you want it.

Keep in mind though, the two forums are similar, but not the same. Akiba has, over the years, become popular for direct-download links (and they pay the server bills) which can sometimes be a little overwhelming - but akiba has always maintained its community aspect.

I appreciate that people who come from another forum have certain expectations, Well-founded and well-explained ideas on how to improve akiba will always be considered, if not acted upon for one reason or another. Generally speaking though, if there is enough demand for a change, and it's sensible, then it can happen. If it's just content you want, and what you're looking for falls within the limits of the site's rules, I've always been keen on the old saying: Be the change you want to see. i.e. post it yourself!

As for the possibility of merging some of what Scanlover has into akiba, it's an interesting idea. Longer-time members may recall a time when we migrated an entire section of Scanlover forum (Jr Idol Club) to Akiba, but that wasn't done with a database dump - although it was considered - due to the general headache that posed. In the end, we created the subforums, and members just manually copied over threads and posts.

Last edited:

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
Hi bro, I am one of those who will be checking in here from SLF. Will you be setting up new threads that are is sorted by month and a thread for dio23 torrents just like in SLF? The reason why I seldom visit akiba is because it is messy in the torrent section.
All...I promise this is not intended to make waves, but is the dio23 mentioned here the same as the dioguitar23 outfit that is the source for all things watermarked?

Reactions: Ceewan

VVV007

May 31, 2016
Hi all, I'm a SLF refugee too. Just like to ask if there any playboy weekly or flash magazines scans/downloads here? Thanks.

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
Hello and Welcome

I hope you will enjoy our humble abode

magazines and photos

Edited
I forgot to add, if you are in IRC, sometime I post the links there as well

Last edited:

vincent_z

Low Angler
Nov 27, 2007
My greetings to those washing ashore here at Akiba-Online.
I had / have a ScanLoverForum account under this personae, but I had not been there since 2010. :p
I try to recall how I found A-O and SLF. I think I got here from {of all websites!} Danny Choo. But he had a condescending attitude about idols and AV; and only had blog posts about them when he felt his Google search ranking was slipping.
I know I was definitely at JavTalk; and when it had its catastrophic server collapse, shifted here. So A-O was #2, and SLF was #3.
As someone who is still on a modem connection where I reside (do not ask why), I don't partake in torrents or direct downloads. I have enough JAVs on DVD to get through off-line. :D
I encourage those who are new here to check out my profile, and my back posts. I have now been to Japan twelve times, and I think I am getting better at it every time. Hopefully, I shall get to go there again in December.
I think you will enjoy the atmosphere here at A-O, SLF survivors. If there is something with which I can assist you, inquire.

Fuurin

Jan 27, 2008
Is it? Personally I think we are generous enough to inform the members about this with 2 weeks notice. Heck, it's much better than other old sites such as Javtalk, where it was vanished without any prior notice.

If whoever set fire to the file servers that JAVTalk was renting had given us two weeks notice, that would have been nice. We just woke up one morning, and all our data had gone up in smoke.

I think the main reason Scanlover has decided to close the forum.scanlover.com part of his site is primarily the cost. For a long time he has been trying to find ways to reduce the bandwidth costs by blocking IP addresses from certain countries or states for instance. He does occasionally receive DMCA notices, but he just takes down the material, and adds it to the blacklist. He seems to be involved in scanlover.com 2.0 site, but there he wants to limit the number of photos that get posted, and to focus more narrowly on individual beautiful scans with no torrents, amateurs or photo sets.

I've been a member of Akiba-Online for a long time, but I'm unfamiliar with how images get posted. You can create or add to Albums in Media, or upload to a URL, and post to the Gravure Idol Club subforum for instance? What do people use as an image host?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ceewan

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
I've been a member of Akiba-Online for a long time, but I'm unfamiliar with how images get posted. You can create or add to Albums in Media, or upload to a URL, and post to the Gravure Idol Club subforum for instance? What do people use as an image host?

Not sure what you are asking as far as how to post images. Just upload an image where it says "Upload a File" then either insert the image as a thumbnail or the full image in your post. Adding Media is a little simplier but Media are treated as semi-private or public "Photo Albums" where there is a personalized theme of some sort.

People use an image host here for a number of reasons, the number one being they get a kickback from the imagehost for the amount of visits to the image link. Some uploaders also use the image for different sites and an image hosted here will often be either blocked or inaccessable to non-members so a neutral site is needed to fit their purpose. As well some images are uploaded by others elsewhere and just linked to by posters here.

Last edited:

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007

Welcome back to our humble abode

I can only repeat what Ceewan said,

but as far as the media section goes, many are using it as a dumping ground, with nothing about what is being posted, and even renaming some sets, so I have been mass deleting posts

a lot of image hosts suffer from a lot of take downs, that is why I prefer our own attachments, if there is a lot then I prefer thumbnails, better for phones as well